• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v France

I feel like Millwall.

Nobody likes us. We don't care.

Only difference is we win!!!

anyone who thinks a good game to watch is all the fancy shizzle nizzle that makes you look fancy shizzle nizzle is a douchebag.

a good rugby game is one where the players pour their heart and soul into the game, sacrifice their bodies for the win and play rugby like its the last game you'll ever play :inv3ox: :vava: :injured: :sex011: :bananasex: which is also what you do when you sex it

If they win it again they should rename it the 'Not Playing Rugby World Cup'. ;)

I don't care what quantities of heart and soul were poured into the game, and I doubt England want it more than any of the other 20 countries that where there. They could dispense with the ball and waddle about with Martin Corry's still beating heart, and guide it over the post with the telekinetic power of a thousand english souls, but that wouldn't make it fun to watch. I don't like the england rugby team because they value winning above entertaining me, which is what sport should be about. :D

Contratulations England! As a neutral I didn't care who won, so long as quality rugby was on display. Too bad that never happened. There wasn't any real drama either. The fact that France weren't even a fraction of what they were last week was also depressing.

anyone who thinks a good game to watch is all the fancy shizzle nizzle that makes you look fancy shizzle nizzle is a douchebag.

a good rugby game is one where the players pour their heart and soul into the game, sacrifice their bodies for the win and play rugby like its the last game you'll ever play :inv3ox: :vava: :injured: :sex011: :bananasex: which is also what you do when you sex it [/b]

If you think that was entertaining rugby than you are quite clearly blind or lack any taste for entertainment. That was a shocking display of rugby. There were no skills on offer there. Robinson is the only player on England that is capable of making something happen with the ball in hand. And as a neutral I was just hoping that England would give him the damn rock. France were atrocious. They have all that talent in the backs and that's what they produce? This is not how rugby is meant to be played. Yes, maybe it's how you win in knockout games, but it is not entertaining and certainly won't help bring in new fans. At the end of the day the RWC final is supposed to be a showcase of the best two teams on the planet, playing the best rugby. You will not see that now, not with England and not with either South Africa or Argentina. I certainly hope that the new ELV rule changes make it so playing 10 man rugby is no longer a viable option. It's hard on the eyes and pushes potential new fans away from the game.

I feel like Millwall.

Nobody likes us. We don't care.

Only difference is we win!!! [/b]

No, that would be an adequate description for the Australian cricket team, but not the English Rugby side.

Everyone hates England in rugby, but generally you don't win... no offence, but the fact that England have played well enough to beat Australia and France to make it to the final doesn't erase 4 years of not even making 3rd place in the 6 Nations. The last world cup was preceded by 2 years of strong performances and general dominance and you deserved to win it, but again before that period England could never have been described as a team who "wins".

A couple of months ago I started a thread talking up England's chances - I wish I hadn't. The crappiest semi-final I can remember, giving me flashbacks to the kick-and-clap rubbish of the 1980s: bad bad bad for rugby.

Now I have sympathy for AB supporters. Uuuuuuurgh! We'll end up with an England-Argentina final, where the most exciting movement will come from Stuart Barnes, when he swiftly tut-tuts a tasteless Belgrano joke.

Note to Laporte: playing tactics is not necessarily the same as playing rugby. Muppet!

But you didnt play rugby. Did the ball actually go through your centre's even once?
[/b]

Yes, it did ... several times (more than I expected). The problem was whenever the ball went through the centres the French defence held firm.

There was a time in the second half when England won quick ball from a succession of rucks. The ball went out through the centres, I was hoping for an England overlap ... and what did my TV screen show me? A wall of inky blue shirts; I thought there were more then 15 Frenchmen on the pitch. Great French defence, no way through for the English - until the French made an error and gave JW the chance to kick a penalty.

Its not actually Englands fault though. Its those f***ing French. They have f***ed up the whole tournament for everyone. Gobshites.[/b]

And there you have it. It's not England's fault they kicked their penalties; the problem lies with France for conceding them and for not being good enough in attack.

Apologies is this comment annoy's the English fans. Its not meant as an anti-English rant. I was delighted for you last weekend but I really really feel the tournament deserves a better final then this English team is capable of providing.
[/b]

Yes, you are correct. The tournament does indeed deserve better but what can be done. The All Blacks showed they were tactically inept, the Aussies simply didn't have the strength and the French failed to play to their strengths.

For the sake of the game, I hope the Boks come through tomorrow and give us a treat next week.

However, I also hope the boys in white do the necessary next Saturday. Not just because I live in England but to show everyone what can be done by sheer determination.

FAO Australians, Irish, Welsh & Scottish.

You can play you're pretty rugby but that has got you f*** all hasn't it?

We're still World Champions of Rugby. And will remain so for one week possibly another 4 years. You won't get that chance.

Now **** off with your 15 men bollucks.

Our 15 men are in't final. Yours are sat at home watching it on telly and getting back to their day jobs.

SWING LOW!

FAO Australians, Irish, Welsh & Scottish.

[/b]

f*** all?? The Wallabies have 2 world cups under their belt mate ;) , which is still (at least till next week) more than any other team has managed last time I checked.

FAO
We're still World Champions of Rugby. And will remain so for one week possibly another 4 years. You won't get that chance.

Our 15 men are in't final. Yours are sat at home watching it on telly and getting back to their day jobs.

SWING LOW! [/b]

That's as maybe, but even the most ardent England fan would have to admit that even if England win this cup it would hardly be a true reflection of who the best rugby playing nation are right now

That's as maybe, but even the most ardent England fan would have to admit that even if England win this cup it would hardly be a true reflection of who the best rugby playing nation are right now
[/b]

Maybe true, but this about knockout stages, the whole reasoning of who is best or not goes out the window its just who turns up on the day and who doesnt, simple as.

<div class='quotemain'> FAO Australians, Irish, Welsh & Scottish.

[/b]

f*** all?? The Wallabies have 2 world cups under their belt mate ;) , which is still (at least till next week) more than any other team has managed last time I checked.

FAO

SWING LOW! [/b]

[/b][/quote]

so i spose we shud jusut hand the cup to NZ before the tounament has even begun rite??? maybe its this attitude which is y NZ team and Aussie team r back home now

so wot is the point of the WC if it is not to point out who the greatest playin nation is??? i keep hearing that Eng r playin boring rugby blah blah..then y didnt aussies and france put 36 on us like SA did if were such a poor rugby playing nation??...and im still waiting for sumone to show me a game where it actaulyl matters where a team has played scintiullating rugby against another good team.....nz choked, crumbeld woteva u want to call it wiht their 26 phase 10 man up the jumper crap as soon as they came up against a half decent team, aussies cudnt even get the ball from their powder puff fowards to a world class backline, we all known france cant play 2 good game sof rugby in a row in a WC (whos chabal again?) and SA nearly imploded aganst fiji...didnt c habana scoring 60m wonder tries there....fact is ur all deluded and bitter which frankly makes u sore losers...just accept that when it really mattered Eng dug deep and got the ball over the tryline and through the posts which accrodign to the rules of the game is all that matters....whoever wins the final is the greatest rugby playing nation, its that simple....

Does any englishman give a **** what any aussie, jock or taff has to say? at the end of the day their team wasnt good enough to be in the final and yet their still here offering their opinion. if you find it boring then fine **** off and dont bother wasting your life commenting about it in on this forum, ciao losers theres always next time

<div class='quotemain'> WOW We have shown the world that ENGLAND CAN STILL PLAY RUGBY!!![/b]
But you didnt play rugby. Did the ball actually go through your centre's even once?

Well done England but this is a tradegy for Rugby as a whole. One of the most Sterile, tacticly inept teams to play the game has now gone through to the final. Its not actually Englands fault though. Its those f***ing French. They have f***ed up the whole tournament for everyone. Gobshites.

Apologies is this comment annoy's the English fans. Its not meant as an anti-English rant. I was delighted for you last weekend but I really really feel the tournament deserves a better final then this English team is capable of providing.

After the high's of last weekend, this is such a let down. I am seriously ****** off.
[/b][/quote]

what an absolute loser getting ****** off about something as trivial as this. Perhaps you should be more concerned about irelands diabolical effort in this world cup rather than this bitter point of view.

lol i get he impression they shud be watchign football and basketball it they want to see ball sbe flung about willynilly...not mans game known as rugby

God knows what right the irish have to comment on this game, never made it past the quarter finals end of story

And i'm sure you were backing England all the way...

Why is it that you've only shown up now?

you've gotta laugh really, turning up to the pub thoroughly expecting to be beat with every other bitter nation wanting you to be beat too and then somehow winning! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why is it that you've only shown up now?
[/b]

cos we won softlad, yeah go on put that springbok in your avatar, SH pride and all that :cheers:

Why is it that you've only shown up now? [/b]

supersititon mate....don't liek to brag till AFTER the result...summin u SHs need to learn LOL :lol:

and if i wasnt backing Eng, then who was i backin? lol aussies? france? LOL.. damn so many sore losers..besides ive been here for along while..just prefer to lurk

what an absolute loser getting ****** off about something as trivial as this. Perhaps you should be more concerned about irelands diabolical effort in this world cup rather than this bitter point of view. [/b]
You do realise your all getting ****** off because we refuse to celebrate the fact that you won?

I've been happy enough to see England progress but as a neutral observer and a fan of rugby, I cant really be happy to see them in the final. Its nothing personal, so no need to make is so.

<div class='quotemain'> what an absolute loser getting ****** off about something as trivial as this. Perhaps you should be more concerned about irelands diabolical effort in this world cup rather than this bitter point of view. [/b]
You do realise your all getting ****** off because we refuse to celebrate the fact that you won?

I've been happy enough to see England progress but as a neutral observer and a fan of rugby, I cant really be happy to see them in the final. Its nothing personal, so no need to make is so.
[/b][/quote]

well whatever the simple fact of the matter is that if it was ireland in the final the vast majority of england fans would be supporting you (same would be the case with wales or scotland), the fact that it is never recipricated is what gets on my nerves

so i spose we shud jusut hand the cup to NZ before the tounament has even begun rite??? maybe its this attitude which is y NZ team and Aussie team r back home now

so wot is the point of the WC if it is not to point out who the greatest playin nation is??? i keep hearing that Eng r playin boring rugby blah blah..then y didnt aussies and france put 36 on us like SA did if were such a poor rugby playing nation??...and im still waiting for sumone to show me a game where it actaulyl matters where a team has played scintiullating rugby against another good team.....nz choked, crumbeld woteva u want to call it wiht their 26 phase 10 man up the jumper crap as soon as they came up against a half decent team, aussies cudnt even get the ball from their powder puff fowards to a world class backline, we all known france cant play 2 good game sof rugby in a row in a WC (whos chabal again?) and SA nearly imploded aganst fiji...didnt c habana scoring 60m wonder tries there....fact is ur all deluded and bitter which frankly makes u sore losers...just accept that when it really mattered Eng dug deep and got the ball over the tryline and through the posts which accrodign to the rules of the game is all that matters....whoever wins the final is the greatest rugby playing nation, its that simple.... [/b]

Mate, did you just write that from your mobile phone?

Anyway, to your point - yes New Zealand did choke against France. But no, whoever wins the final is not the greatest rugby playing nation just because they win. The point of the tournament is indeed to annoint one country with the ***le of "world champions" but doesn't mean that they are the greatest rugby playing nation - rather that they could be consistent enough for the 7 weeks of the RWC to win. The All Blacks have lost 5 games in 4 years and won every single trophy on offer except this one. Which makes calling them chokers is a bit rich, even if it's been true at World Cups. Do you remember the Lions tour of 2005? that was considered the single most important trophy outside of the world cup to NZ, and did they choke then?

You can call us bitter, but equally you can't expect us all to give you respect as a rugby nation after 4 years of (and I'm putting this nicely) sub-standard rugby which has seen you drop almost off the radar in world rankings... the fact that you have played well enough in this tournament does not balance that out like it or not.