• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v Tonga

R

rugbyfrench

Considering the matches of today I think that Tonga could beat England...

England should take Tonga. But they might have to change their hairstyles to do it - Martin Corry would score a lot more if he had a giant afro.

like samoa i think tonga will struggle up front and tahts where england will target and wear the tongans down and use wilkinson to kick a million penalties and just hold on. but im still going for a tongan upset!

nah, i think tonga will take alot of heart form their performance against SA and hopefully will pull off the upset of the tournament!!!

there's alot on the line.. a quarter final berth!!! whadda match that is going to be.

I think that Tonga have a good chart with played and can create the surprise!!!

Tonga are not Samoa in disguise. What's the time again?

Tonga time! :bana: :cheers: :lol2tn:

Tonga has scored some of the best Tries of the tournament. Now had Samoa have had a different Draw i think they would of brat England, But losing two of the first two matches was heartbreaking for them. Now Englands backline doesnt look like scoring tries and Tongas Defence had been really good untill the African game( recycled ball really well) If Tonga can give the English a go which I think they can an Upset is likely.

My Team to play England

15. Vangakoto Lilo
14. Set Kiole
13. Sukanaivalu Hufanga
12. Epeleli Taione
11. Joseph Vaka
10. Pierre Hola
9. Soane Havea
8. Finau Maka
7. Nili Latu
6. Hale T Pole
5. Viliami Vaki
4. Paino Hehea
3. Kisi Pule
2. Aleki Lutui
1. Soane Tonga'uiha

16. Epalehame Taukafa
17. Taufa'ao Filise (should start,but kisi has been involved in the wins)
18. Lisiate Fa'aoso (what has Inoke Afeaki done??)
19.Lotu Filipine
20. Sione Mone Tu'ipulotu
21. Isi Tupou
22. Aisea Havili

Tonga have been in good form, but they have played 3 big matches in a row now, and while England have done the same, it should come down to professionalism and fitness. I hope Robinson is back, Cueto is crap, Lewsey doesn't like the 15 shirt and it would generally suit the backs better.
Hipkiss to start please.

Vickery to come on in second half. England by....10 or 15.

england are massive massive favourites for this!! but the way tonga have played with such passion and determination is something very admirable. even if tonga loose they should be extremely proud that theyve approached every game with a never say die attitude and pure roar passion and love for there country, which is something severely lacking in english rugby. in my opinion what tonga may lack in the basic skills, they more than match up to england in passion. Tonga can trouble england. if they can keep them out then chip a lead then who knows, the english aint the most confident looking of teams

go tonga!!!!

i agree, that inoke afeaki, hasnt really done that much imo he is passed his used by date although what he does offer is alot of much needed experience that tonga lacks....

its just been confirmed paino hehea has injured his shoulder, will be out for 6 weeks or so which is a big loss, he and villiami vaki have been the sole providers of lineout ball, tevita tu'ifua and seti kiole both have knee injuries, from what i gathered from the article i read it says that the tongan management have had talks with lesley vainakolo who if introduced to the squad would be a replacement for either tu'ifua or kiole.....imo he is not needed, apart from the fact that he is a brilliant footballer the tongan coaches need to be loyal to the people that have been performing and bringing in him could disrupt that?....maybe not just a thought

my team if what the article is says is true

1. Soane Tonga'uiha

2. Aleki Lutui

3. Kisi Pulu (not the best but has been performing well)

4. Lisiate Fa'aoso

5. Villiami Vaki

6. Hale T-Pole

7. Nili Latu ©

8. Finau Maka

9. Soane Havea

10. Pierre Hola

11. Joseph Vaka

12. Epi Taione

13. Sukanaivalu Hufanga

14. Aisea Havili

15. Vungakoto Lilo

16. Ephraim Taukafa

17. Taufa'ao Filise

18. Inoke Afeaki

19. Emosi Kauhenga

20. Sione Mone Tu'ipulotu

21. Isileli Tupou

22. Ualosi Kailea

Whatever happens the Tongans will go home having had a great world cup...a lot of the less established nations will feel that way. It's what has made this world cup so good so far....the support for the games in France has been tremendous.

I`ve said this on another thread, but I`ll say it again- for me, if you consider playing numbers, budget and facilities, the Argies have been the team of the tournament so far. And the Tongans come in a very handy second. Whatever happens, the Tongans can feel justifyably proud of their achievements.

But I`ll tell you what- if England just arrive at the ground expecting to win, they might be in for a surprise. The Tongans have epitomised spirit, character, pride and passion. Those are qualities that no amount of money can buy. So England might well start out as favourites, and should by all accounts win this game. But they`d better arrive at the ground wanting to play some rugby, or else the Tongans could well cause the upset of the tournament.

Tonga will play as they have done, which is with precision brutality and sheer power and England will have to deal with that.

Tonga have strong runners and the back row forwards, Vaki, T-Pole, Maka and especially Latu will cause England no end of problems in the loose.

England will win purely because England have the experience of grinding out a result. Tonga will give their all, get a couple of tries with the forwards and England will progress winning the game by 10 points, if Wilkinson kicks like he kicked Samoa out of their last game.

do you guys even remember what nili latu did for the bay when the lions toured nz?..he absolutely terrorised yhe british lions..im glad hes been unleashed on the world stage and taken up the challenge of playing tonga...he couldve winded up with all the other talented polynesians in the junior allblacks..(whom are at home watching the samoans,tongans,fijians playing at the most prestigious rugby tournament in the world..hahaha @ tuitevake and necewa)

nili latu is a mini machine..has all the traits of tongan football but the skill of some of the best ruck technicianlist in the game..a pure number 7 at that...and thats something us islanders dont have many of..

SO GO TONGA!!!!!!!...UPSET OF THE TOURNAMENT!!!!!

Will England become the first team to be nilled twice in one tournament?! [/b]

If we get out of the group then mabye. I don't think most people who know anything about rugby will believe it'll happen against Tonga though.