• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England to only pick home-based players from 2011

Robshaw is a straight up 6, and Croft is more valuable than him in that position, though I'd certainly have him in the EPS over Haskell, so he'd be more likely to get a bench spot/play if Croft is injured (as is the case)
Worselys England days are numbered (I hope anyway) - didn't make an appearance at all during the AIs. Wood has potential, he's performing well at Saints, and is very young so it's good he's being included, Dowson is an 8 (or 6) so he's not taking Lunds place

Lund is being kept out by Moody, Fourie and Wood, and I'd have him over Moody and Fourie (though Fourie did play well, he ain't English)
My three 7s would be: Lund, Armitage, Wood

Simple - Play lots of games against tier 2 nations. Like Australia.
Ah that's a good plan, just don't play Powerhouse nations like Japan or Lithuania, Lithuania's players all have a skull and crossbones tattooed over their face because they're the best team in the world with the record for longest winning streak.

Robshaw is a straight up 6, and Croft is more valuable than him in that position, though I'd certainly have him in the EPS over Haskell, so he'd be more likely to get a bench spot/play if Croft is injured (as is the case)
Worselys England days are numbered (I hope anyway) - didn't make an appearance at all during the AIs. Wood has potential, he's performing well at Saints, and is very young so it's good he's being included, Dowson is an 8 (or 6) so he's not taking Lunds place

Lund is being kept out by Moody, Fourie and Wood, and I'd have him over Moody and Fourie (though Fourie did play well, he ain't English)
My three 7s would be: Lund, Armitage, Wood

Robshaw plays 7 for Quins and plays it well on a regular basis.

He also happens to be our second best flanker full stop. When our two best flankers were 7s we moved one to 6. When our two best flankers are 6s, I hope we have the sense to move one to 7. I also think Robshaw and Croft have skill sets that compliment each other very well. If I had my way, we'd be playing the pair of them.

Which is not to say I wouldn't find a place for Lund in the set up somewhere. But damned if I'm not going to try and start the Croft/Robshaw bandwagon.

Will Skinner plays 7 for Quins, doesn't he?

Yes, but Robshaw plays 7 when he is not available for various reasons and I've heard quite a bit of mutterings from Quins fans that their best back row is in fact 6. Guest 7. Robshaw 8. Easter

So far he's played 7 this season at Connacht away, Bayonne away... thats it actually, thought it was more. He played it a bit last season too. And is still our second best flanker and should be shoe-horned in on an experimental version at least.

I hope he's our 6 during the 6N (if Croft is still out - interchanging with him if not)
Bound to be Haskell though, with Fourie on the bench

Yes, but Robshaw plays 7 when he is not available for various reasons and I've heard quite a bit of mutterings from Quins fans that their best back row is in fact 6. Guest 7. Robshaw 8. Easter

So far he's played 7 this season at Connacht away, Bayonne away... thats it actually, thought it was more. He played it a bit last season too. And is still our second best flanker and should be shoe-horned in on an experimental version at least.

I'd say he's by far and away Quins' best back-row forward, let alone flanker. I really do rate him as a potential international player. Don't really see him as a 7 though, then again I don't really rate Will Skinner there anymore either.

Big fan Tom Guest aswell, myself,

Just read that Croft is out for another 6-8weeks and will miss the 6N,
EPS is named on Jan 12th. Here's hoping Robshaw is in there

Watch Cipriani, my bet is after 2 or 3 seasons with Rebels he'll be back and a hell of a lot better than he was when he left.
Genuinely a bit worried about losing Palmer though, he was pretty crucial in the Autumn Internationals.

Watch Cipriani, my bet is after 2 or 3 seasons with Rebels he'll be back and a hell of a lot better than he was when he left.
Genuinely a bit worried about losing Palmer though, he was pretty crucial in the Autumn Internationals.

Elle oh elle.....
He'll get broken in half down here.

Elle oh elle.....
He'll get broken in half down here.

He got broken in half up here.

As the Super 14 is very similar to rugby only without tackling, he should have quite an easy ride.

He got broken in half up here.

As the Super 14 is very similar to rugby only with<STRIKE>out</STRIKE> <STRIKE>tackling</STRIKE> tries, he should have quite an easy ride.
Agreed.

Latest posts