• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England EPS 2017/18 edition.

That pack is woefully poor at carrying. Vunipola the only real ball carrier there. I can see us really struggling this 6N.
I hate underhill and robshaw playing together. They both offer little goinh forward. With little carrying to get us on the front foot for our backs that have very little carrying off slow ball it makes for a hard 6n. Hope our defence is on point

I hate underhill and robshaw playing together. They both offer little goinh forward. With little carrying to get us on the front foot for our backs that have very little carrying off slow ball it makes for a hard 6n. Hope our defence is on point
Agreed, especially with neither Binny or Hughes there to in some way make up for it. Even moving Lawes to 6 isn't really going to balance the equation. I like the idea of Ewers to 8, he's the most like-for-like Binny replacement, and then you have the option to move Simmonds to the flank or even bring in someone like Armand or Rhodes(?). I'd also seriously consider Ben Curry at 7, he's been superb for Sale for a couple of months now.

My 6N team would be...

Mako
George
Cole
Itoje
Launchbury
Ewers
Underhill
Simmonds / Morgan

Robson
Cipriani / Ford
May
Farrell
Joseph
Nowell
Watson

LCD
Otano
Sinkler
Lawes
Harrison / Armand
Care
Tuilagi
Slade

Decent team but will never happen just forget robson. The chiefs way of ewers 6 and simmonds 8 even though ewers is the stronger carrier

Sad for Binny.
A great time for Ben Morgan to put his hand up.
He had so much going for him at one time.

I was hoping this year would be a big improvement for English rugby, it feels like we are now sliding backwards. The club performances have been underwhelming to say the least and I'm not sure a bunch of English players who are routinely getting spanked by the Irish mostly will get together for England and do any better. The breakdown work at both club and international level is well below par, it's like we are trying to pretend that aspect of the game doesn't exist.

We've got a number of fetchers now, we just need to change the mindset that clearing out rucks is optional.

We've got a number of fetchers now, we just need to change the mindset that clearing out rucks is optional.

Or even slowing them down. Not sure how we got into the mindset that having an extra person or 2 in the defence is good if the opposition get quick ball and those extra 2 people and backpeddling frantically like everyone else.

Agreed lawes robshaw Simmonds more likely

And how many of those are just flops over the line after the pack does all the work, you can't get away with just that at International level.

Bring In Crane!!!

And how many of those are just flops over the line after the pack does all the work, you can't get away with just that at International level.

Bring In Crane!!!
James Chisholm has been great this year! I think Clifford is due back v.soon as well. Chisholm is never gonna happen but Clifford might come in at the last minute

More of a blow for Bath than a blow for England that one. He's clearly not rated by Jones or part of his plans. Mainly played as a last choice injury replacement.

Not sure whether to feel frustrated by the amount of key injuries, or feel as if it's a real test of depth and actually a better gauge of the EPS as a whole? Hopefully a few players really lay their marker down and cause additional selection headaches for the years to come.

Not sure the exact number that will be selected but taking into account injuries I've come up with:

Hartley, George, Cowan-Dickie

Vunipola, Harrison, Obano (No Genge, Marler to come in later, don't rate Mullan)

Cole, Sinckler, Williams

Launchbury, Itoje, Lawes, Isiekwe, Ewels (Kruis has stalled and others improved)

Robshaw, Underhill, Ewers, Armand, Simmonds, Hughes

Care, Youngs -Robson as cover

Ford, Farrell, Lozowski

Teo, Tuilagi, Slade, Joseph

May, Brown, Goode, Nowell, Watson, Daly -Cokanasiga as a power option. Included Goode as not convinced by anyone else other than Brown at 15.

Not sure the exact number that will be selected but taking into account injuries I've come up with:

Hartley, George, Cowan-Dickie

Vunipola, Harrison, Obano (No Genge, Marler to come in later, don't rate Mullan)

Cole, Sinckler, Williams

Launchbury, Itoje, Lawes, Isiekwe, Ewels (Kruis has stalled and others improved)

Robshaw, Underhill, Ewers, Armand, Simmonds, Hughes

Care, Youngs -Robson as cover

Ford, Farrell, Lozowski

Teo, Tuilagi, Slade, Joseph

May, Brown, Goode, Nowell, Watson, Daly -Cokanasiga as a power option. Included Goode as not convinced by anyone else other than Brown at 15.

my tip for backs: May, Brown, Watson, Nowell, Woodburn

Latest posts