• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England EPS 2017/18 edition.

I've heard that Teimana Harrison's come back into some good form; any Saints fans or anyone that's been watching him got any input there?

I don't even think Eddie "rates" Graham, I genuinely think he's trolling the SRU.

Falcons props aren't English, we're not hurting for second rows, and their 8 isn't English.
There's definitely an argument to be made for Wilson, though it's tough to get into the back-row with all of our locks being able to play 6 and Wilson not being the kind of 8 that England want.
Graham was in the training squad but I don't rate him as being up there with Simmonds/Underhill/Curry - I'd take Kvesic over him as well.

Gloucester in a similar position in that their best players are either not English or not in positions we need filling.
Only exception being Morgan but I've no idea what kind of form he's in or anything. If he's in good form then I'd start him, though.

Hasn't it always been the case that Morgan played better for England than Glos though? Prior to being overtaken by Billy, I don't recall Morgan actually playing badly. Lancaster just wanted more power at 8 it seems.

I've heard that Teimana Harrison's come back into some good form; any Saints fans or anyone that's been watching him got any input there?

He's been shining of late along with Lawes in a crap team. Was MOTM against Glos and was the only back rower to stand up against Polledri and Morgan.

I think he's in with a chance, but he's very similar to Simmonds.

I don't think a couple of above average games puts him in after how pants he's been in all of his caps so far haha!

I think Ewers works best a 6 because he takes so much pressure of the 8 as a ball carrier.

Would make playing Simmonds much more viable.

So people saying;
6. Ewers
7. Underhill
8. Simmonds

Deffinatly worth a shot vs italy.

EJ till 2021 is great and even better there's a succession plan meaning the new coach will be appointed in 2020 to coach England as well as EJ before hand which is a great idea IMO

Hopfully Rob Baxter

So people saying;
6. Ewers
7. Underhill
8. Simmonds

EJ till 2021 is great and even better there's a succession plan meaning the new coach will be appointed in 2020 to coach England as well as EJ before hand which is a great idea IMO

Hopfully Rob Baxter

I'd love for them three to get a go, although we know that Robshaw will probably start. I'd expect Robshaw, Underhill and Simmonds, possibly one of the smallest International backrow's fielded.

I'd love for them three to get a go, although we know that Robshaw will probably start. I'd expect Robshaw, Underhill and Simmonds, possibly one of the smallest International backrow's fielded.
I really hope not...that would be a shocking back row at international level, because of the lack of carrying ability. No on doubts underhills tackling or robshaws workrate but just not alot there in attack.

So people saying;
6. Ewers
7. Underhill
8. Simmonds

Hopfully Rob Baxter

Sod it just go:

6. Ewers
7. Armand
8. Simmonds

Eh? Are people questioning Sam Simmonds' carrying ability?

Personally I'd have picked him over Billy V even if he was available...

He's been shining of late along with Lawes in a crap team. Was MOTM against Glos and was the only back rower to stand up against Polledri and Morgan.

I think he's in with a chance, but he's very similar to Simmonds.

Agreed. If everyone is fit, Harrison is a long way down the list. However, I'd argue that alongside Simmonds, Harrison has been the form EQ 8 n the Premiership this season and has consistently put in good performances in a struggling side.

He was poor when he was given his chance last time round, but I don't think playing at 7 suited him and he way he has been playing this season, I don't think he's as much of a joke selection.

I'm not sure I would pick him (I'd rather we went with Simmonds and Mercer), but I wouldn't be annoyed if he was included as a back up option based upon his current/recent form.

Christ.
DTz8zh6X0AIH1V-.jpg:large

harry mallinder, nathan earle, solomona, lewis boyce, tom dunn, gary graham, alec Hepburn all surprises for me. Some unpleasant.

Christ.
DTz8zh6X0AIH1V-.jpg:large

harry mallinder, nathan earle, solomona, lewis boyce, tom dunn, gary graham, alec Hepburn all surprises for me. Some unpleasant.

Gary Graham over Ewers or Armand? Have they slept with his daughter or something? Can't seem to do anything right. Mallinder is a strange call, makes no sense to me? He'd be covering positions, already covered...

Even as a quins fan, I wouldn't have called Boyce... I think Jones has a weird obsession with calling up our second choice props, he did the same with Collier last year.

Gary Graham over Ewers or Armand? Have they slept with his daughter or something? Can't seem to do anything right. Mallinder is a strange call, makes no sense to me? He'd be covering positions, already covered...

Baffling.

Mallinder isn't good enough let alone the fact his face is highly punchable.

Latest posts