• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 6 Nation squad 2024

All of Kolbe, Arendse, Tele'a, Jordan, Koroibete, Nawaqanitawase, Hansen, DVDM, Adams, Boffelli, May, Daly etc. were all "dropped" for at least one pool game so yeah I'd say that they probably do.

Your original post was about English players being fit for the Calcutta cup, mine was exactly the same
This is thread regarding England though not Scotland.
It would be strange if an England fan went on the Scotland thread and did the reverse

I get that you are puffed up with the current players you have. I'd enjoy it whilst it lasts. As what you have coming through would suggest your team will return to type soon enough. The rules regarding poaching and project players will get tightened up eventually.😊

Interesting. I think England have more talented wingers at the moment than at any time in the last 30 years. Ashton is right that they are not being made the most of.
Again - I'm interested to hear who these wingers are who are better than Watson, May, Daly of 2018-2020 ish, when all 3 of them would have had a shot at representing the Earth in the Rugby Galactic Cup

Again - I'm interested to hear who these wingers are who are better than Watson, May, Daly of 2018-2020 ish, when all 3 of them would have had a shot at representing the Earth in the Rugby Galactic Cup
I think he's right in the fact it's the tactics and not the wingers as such.
It's more Englands lack of playing wide and kicking rather than running it.

Not sure Daly was ever that good on the wing.

And an article about how the defense could take some time and there could be mistakes:

"World Cup-winning coach Jacques Nienaber said it took 14 games for the Springboks - who beat England in the semi-finals at France 2023 - to adjust to their new blitz defence system, which involves high line-speed and dominant one-on-one tackles."

I don't understand how it can be so different to any other blitz that it can take 18months of tests to click?
It's not like it's a new concept to the players, various players will have played blitz at club, international and lions level

I don't understand how it can be so different to any other blitz that it can take 18months of tests to click?
It's not like it's a new concept to the players, various players will have played blitz at club, international and lions level
Not sure, but I'm willing to trust him in a way I don't trust Bortwick or Sinfield

Not sure, but I'm willing to trust him in a way I don't trust Bortwick or Sinfield
Yeah, he's definitely the coach I have most faith in - and I trust the Boks coaches who've said it took that long because they've no reason to lie, I just can't wrap my head around it

edit.

We shall see how it progresses with England. I'm not going to lose it if it doesn't work against Wales this weekend.

Last edited:
Without being too negative, Ford and roots definitely need to go. The back row isn't working simply. Get Pearson or CCS in. Ford may have some good kicks, but he's not getting the backline firing enough. Smith may be young, but he's in form. Daly should go too, but I feel he's hard done by being played out of position.

With Smith not making it off the bench today you've gotta think he's out of the picture when Marcus is back,
Frustrating

Maybe he'll get the start in the A game?

With Smith not making it off the bench today you've gotta think he's out of the picture when Marcus is back,
Frustrating

Maybe he'll get the start in the A game?
Yeah, I don't actually think he'll start.

Without being too negative, Ford and roots definitely need to go. The back row isn't working simply. Get Pearson or CCS in. Ford may have some good kicks, but he's not getting the backline firing enough. Smith may be young, but he's in form. Daly should go too, but I feel he's hard done by being played out of position.
What is Daly's position? As I see it he is a jack of all trades master of none.

Selection at International level is so important. SB doesn't seem very good at it

Will Stuart is awful, can't scrum, can't carry, lazy around rucks
Itoje and Chessum are too similar
Roots-why ?they have shoehorned him into the back row that now looks unbalanced. If they want to play Earl and Underhill together. Let them play on the flanks with a bigger 8
Ford, out of form
Dingwall too small and slow. V good club player
Daly ..he wasn't an international class wing 4 years ago. The guy is an OC

Latest posts