• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 6 Nation squad 2024

Don't don't forget we'll have Big Ted back rampaging aswell...hopefully sooner rather than later

Wonder if part of that is why Barbeary's not been parachuted in yet?
I remember seeing in an article that his defence stats aren't great

But then I bet his gainline success/metres made after contact are through the roof

SB in front of his spreadsheet
Larry David Reaction GIF

Surely Barbeary stil can't be parachuted in without an injury, regardless of his stats

Aren't his stats awful, so Borthwick isn't even considering him?
Thats what they say...and yet prior to his injury he seemed to be putting in good game after good game.

Imagine baths back row...at full form and fitness...
6 Hill
7 Underhill
8 Barbeary

Surely Barbeary stil can't be parachuted in without an injury, regardless of his stats
It's a weird one, I'm not sure if the rules have changed - they're naming squads week by week, and you've got guys like George Martin training with the squad
He's named in the walking wounded list but you'd imagine he'll be in the squad once fit but wasn't named in the initial one (they always used to name the injured player and their replacement, in the past)

Honestly Paul Hill should be in with a better claim than Ted Hill

Have we got a total list of the walking wounded training with the squad?

Martin, Watson, Lawrence. Can't think of any others and a little google can't seem to find a list.

Wonder if part of that is why Barbeary's not been parachuted in yet?
I remember seeing in an article that his defence stats aren't great

But then I bet his gainline success/metres made after contact are through the roof

SB in front of his spreadsheet
View attachment 18933

Unless his defence is a revolving door I'd ignore that. Barbeary's a point of difference player, not a honest trier workhorse. He's also very good over the ball with a decent off load, so he's not a one trick pony.

We've got plenty of people who'll tackle their hearts out and rack up the numbers (if they're in the right position…..), but we have precious few who can make good ground in heavy traffic. Obviously yet to see what he can do on this stage but I suspect that his carrying will be a bit like Underhill's defence - impactful with the possibility of altering the whole mood of a game.

If CCS, Martin and Barbeary all progress as we hope, our pack might just start to become feared again. When fit, George, Itoje, Undercurry and Earl are all of the required standard. Couple of mountainous scrummaging props would be nice though.

Unless his defence is a revolving door I'd ignore that.
Oh aye, it doesn't bother me (it's not noticeable at club level - obv if it's noticeable at international then that's a different matter but shouldn't impact him getting a shot) - It's Stats Borthwick that it might worry

Sky Sports reporting that Ollie Lawrence is nearing a comeback after injury, but won't be available for Wales.

if England can get M Smith, Martin and Lawrence fit for the Scottish game it strengthens us massively. Those three players bring a running and power threat we just don't have at present

Latest posts