• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2023/24

So Sanderson has said Borthwick is coming to Sale next week to have meetings with:
Rodd, Tuilagi, the Curry twins, Ford, Jonny Hill, Joe Carpenter and Tom Roebuck

.....erm........Gus Warr?!
We're really gonna lose him to Scotland
If Gus wants international recognition with England he should definitely move to Gloucester.

I wouldn't mind Will Evans getting a look at in the A game, especially if 7's are dropping like flies.
If he can stay fit of course. Kenningham is another that will prob interest Borthwick

Kinda wish Basham had stay in the league, honestly if Saints are looking for a Lawes replacement with Pearson at 7 they could do worse than bringing him back from Japan.

What's Lucas Brooke up to? He was rated in the age grade?

So do that suggest SB is looking at Ben Curry to replace Tom?
An big Johnny HIll back...?

Or are these just "chats"

"Owen Farrell has decided to take a break from international rugby in order to prioritise his and his family's mental well-being, this means he will not be available for selection for the 2024 six nations"

England rugby like 10 mins ago

So Owen Farrell is taking a break from international rugby. I hope his mental health for him and his family improves.

On the Rugby side it's a positive thing, without an established guaranteed starter breathing down their neck a no10 can really make a name for themselves. Or it brightens up our back play. Hopefully.

Must be rough for him and his family seeing the amount of vitriol thrown his way every international period

Really throws this 6N wide open selection wise - also captaincy wise, with Farrell, Lawes and Curry all out
Who else has captained recently? Maybe Genge? Ford?
I wouldn't be against Jamie George, or Ludlam if he's still involved

Whilst I'm pleased that he's withdrawn himself from selection - I hope that doesn't mean that the boo.ing he received during the RWC really go to him - or that there was more than "just" boo.ing going on.

"Owen Farrell has decided to take a break from international rugby in order to prioritise his and his family's mental well-being, this means he will not be available for selection for the 2024 six nations"

England rugby like 10 mins ago
Just read it

The bloke has been getting pelters last 3-4 years so I understand the mental damage that can do to anyone

Conversely his form for England has been poor, although he was a bit better in the WC

It will be interesting to how Borthwick goes with this, as Smith can't play a long bomb game it's not in his Armoury. Ford can but offers much more (although his spiral is very good )

Must be rough for him and his family seeing the amount of vitriol thrown his way every international period

Really throws this 6N wide open selection wise - also captaincy wise, with Farrell, Lawes and Curry all out
Who else has captained recently? Maybe Genge? Ford?
I wouldn't be against Jamie George, or Ludlam if he's still involved

Lawes was going about maybe coming back in an injury crisis. Maybe that will extend to a captaincy crisis.

The RFU like Itoje.

The RFU like Itoje.
I don't think he's ever captained for Saracens or England, so I feel like it's something that he's said he doesn't want to do - I reckon he definitely would have at some point otherwise as he seems such an obvious choice

I don't think he's ever captained for Saracens or England, so I feel like it's something that he's said he doesn't want to do - I reckon he definitely would have at some point otherwise as he seems such an obvious choice
Yeah when he first came in it felt a matter of time before he took over but it definitely feels like something that just hasn't materialised.

Whilst I wish Farrell well in his mental health I hope Borther's uses it to pick a new long term captain and focus on rebuild rather than the upcming tounament. We should absoloutely be think who our 10 and captain will be in 4 years time not 6 months from now.

Yeah when he first came in it felt a matter of time before he took over but it definitely feels like something that just hasn't materialised.

Whilst I wish Farrell well in his mental health I hope Borther's uses it to pick a new long term captain and focus on rebuild rather than the upcming tounament. We should absoloutely be think who our 10 and captain will be in 4 years time not 6 months from now.
I think it would be hard to choose a long term Captain until Farrell publicly steps down from that role full time.

Maybe they won't even have one captain - different one every match to try out some options.

Hope Owen is alright. The amount of abuse he gets from opposition supporters and also some England fans is disgusting.

Latest posts