• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2023/24

I wonder if he will be looked at by England or if he might look to play for Fiji. Assuming he's got the choice.

If he keeps playing like this at lock I reckon he'll get a look in for England, especially with the return of the A Team
Mad that he's not played there before this season, he looks to the manor born

Honestly i like him at lock, a lump behind the props isn't a bad thing. But how much he would hinder the lineout? Im not sure.
Unless my mind is playing tricks, when I saw him at Pirates, he was winning some very good lineout ball (albeit at one level down from Prem...)

Unless my mind is playing tricks, when I saw him at Pirates, he was winning some very good lineout ball (albeit at one level down from Prem...)
He's damn near 130kg nowadays. Like others have said, if teams can get Skelton up then you can get anyone up. But I sure as **** wouldn't want to be the one lifting him.

Arundell on the wing for Racing tomorrow, imagine that's where he's going to be playing most of his rugby for them as their 15 is on fire

Good to see him going straight in with a start, though - hopefully gets a little more involved than his last outing!

So if it was in current form who are you replacing the leavers with for the 6n?

May -
Youngs -
Lawes -
Jack Willis -
Marchant -
Ribbans -

May --> Freeman (this is the toughest pick, lots and lots of good wingers about - really really rate Freeman though)
Youngs --> Warr
Lawes --> Pearson
Willis --> Underhill
Marchant --> Instinctively went with Kelly, but not so sure, there's a number of good options in the Prem atm. Will Joseph? Maybe Ojomoh?
Ribbans --> Isiekwe

May --> Freeman (this is the toughest pick, lots and lots of good wingers about - really really rate Freeman though)
Youngs --> Warr
Lawes --> Pearson
Willis --> Underhill
Marchant --> Instinctively went with Kelly, but not so sure, there's a number of good options in the Prem atm. Will Joseph? Maybe Ojomoh?
Ribbans --> Isiekwe
Replacing May is a tricky one. Do you rate Roebuck as having a chance? Good kick chase?

I think I still fancy Seb Atkinson for the Marchant replacement. Played well on Friday despite the pack being beaten. Ojomoh hasn't really set me on fire in the last few seasons...but he seems to be showing some of the potential now...and he also played well on Friday...its another tricky one....

I'm still not fully onboard with Atkinson, looks way greener than the other options - I thought Ojomoh looked the better of the two on Friday (but then how much was because of the comparative strength of the sides)?
Very very young though so who knows what he'll be like in 1/2/3 seasons time

Speaking of Bath I wonder if Muir might fight his way into contention, playing v.v.well

Do you rate Roebuck as having a chance?
Hopefully, but I think being realistic there's a few ahead
Reed/Roebuck/Carpenter will probably be in contention for the A squad rather than main

I'm still not fully onboard with Atkinson, looks way greener than the other options - I thought Ojomoh looked the better of the two on Friday (but then how much was because of the comparative strength of the sides)?
Very very young though so who knows what he'll be like in 1/2/3 seasons time

Speaking of Bath I wonder if Muir might fight his way into contention, playing v.v.well

Hopefully, but I think being realistic there's a few ahead
Reed/Roebuck/Carpenter will probably be in contention for the A squad rather than main
Will Muir has been good for a while now and is deceptively strong, he quite often bumps players. He's on the older side but he's performing well so I say at least get him in contention. Just ensure others also get a look in as starters / from the bench if he does do well enough to nail a starter spot as he will at best have 1 WC in him.

Muir has been in the squad a few years ago under Jones hasn't he?

He looks a good prem player to me. Maybe not quite next step up.

News just in...if you pass to Arundell he is pretty quick and strong. Might be a revolutionary new tactic for the six nations ?
Hattrick on his debut wasnt it...but heard there were some big defensive issues lead t 1 or two tires against him. But playing with Fickou etc his defence will defo improve.

News just in...if you pass to Arundell he is pretty quick and strong. Might be a revolutionary new tactic for the six nations ?
giphy.gif

If they're not going to cover up your FH's errors by chasing hard on lost cause kicks that aren't worth chasing - then what are wingers even for?

Latest posts