• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2023/24

Just blue rather than stripes would have been great. The colour way of the stripes is very similar to the England football away kit. I'm not going to buy one for me or my son and it's been that way since 2021 (I actually really liked the Aus Tour design)

I don't hate it, not sure I love it, just a bit meh. There is so much more they could do but maybe I'm not the target audience for the latest shirts.

Times has an interview with Genge. Excitingly, he's trying US football style boots to try to improve his scrummaging. Not sure that footwear's his biggest issue but every little helps.

He also wants to see increased use of data for fans and is quoted as saying he's read that the Bristol wing Rich Lane is 0.4 seconds quicker over 10 metres than Noah Lyles the Olympic 100m champion. On no planet is that within a million miles of true if comparing like for like - data in the wrong hands is dangerous!

Last edited:
Times has an interview with Genge. Excitingly, he's trying US football style boots to try to improve his scrummaging. Not sure that footwear's his biggest issue but every little helps.

He also wants to see increased use of data for fans and is quoted as saying he's read that the Bristol wing Rich Lane is 0.4 seconds quicker over 10 metres than Noah Lyles the Olympic 100m champion. On no planet is that within a million miles of true if comparing like for like - data in the wrong hands is dangerous!
Funny that he's trying NFL boots because they're more similar to 'old' style forwards boots with high ankles you don't get anymore.

Funny that he's trying NFL boots because they're more similar to 'old' style forwards boots with high ankles you don't get anymore.

Exactly that - saying the standard boots are designed for running but aren't supportive enough.

My very first boots were Mitre forwards, I also had some fairly high cut Mizunos at one point and Adidas Flankers - I think their classic very high boots that were ubiquitous at one point were Caps?

I remember them saying the same about Rory Underwood compared to Linford Christie.

That really is weird, what's the story?

Wonder if he gets snapped up by the IRFU too?

According to the Independent he was unhappy with an unstable working environment (whatever that means) and he was close with Waters.

Seriously, what is up with the revolving door of coaches? Is this Borthwick learning the wrong lessons from Jones or more to do with the RFU?

Jesus, losing jones and walters in short succession... For rush defense you need long term implication and we got... 6 months and 2 windows. Got to be worried about this coaching team now, shouldnt be shedding talented coaches like this, no doubt end up with the IRFU and we are strengethening opposition again.

The turnover of coaches in the England set-up in the last 5/6 years has been absolutely farcical. How are you meant to build any cohesion or consistency in performance when you have such a big coaching churn?. There's obviously more to this than meets the eye.

Latest posts