• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

csrtt815 Rugby08 graphic mod thread!!

Looking forward to it! Thanks for making the kit.
Any chance of either a NGD or Blues kit?
Thanks again.

Update: just got to do minikits then its done!!
osp_hom10-11preview0.png
osp_hom10-11preview1.png

Minikits: left & right
newminikithome379x379-with_sponsors-left.png
newminikithome379x379-with_sponsors-right.png

Mod all most done just got to upload mod to server. . . Sorry for the wait!!

Ospreys 10/11 home kit. . . .

Sorry for the long wait!!
Here it is the Ospreys Home 2010/2011 Home kit mod

Main kit:
new-home10-11kit2new1.png

Number back:
ospnew_withgrip.png

Minikits Left & right:
newminikithome379x379-with_sponsors-left.png
newminikithome379x379-with_sponsors-right.png

* Ospreys Home kit 10/11
* Mod v1.0 *

Here is the new Ospreys 10/11 season home kit
rugby mod patch v1.0 for EA Sports Rugby 08

Contents:
Ospreys home 10-11 Main kit, Minikits,
Back/numbers.

Installation:

1) Unzip the files to a safe place.
2) Place the file in the EA Sports Rugby 08
main folder.
3) All done, enjoy!

Greetings:
Greetings go out to
woosaah, edinburgh_gunner, EVOL, Black-Monday
scotlander123,i cant think of a username,
jeffb, PeeJay
and many more on the TRF. . . .

NOTE:
make sure you only copy the *.fsh *.Big
*.xml *.rsg files to the EA rugby 08 main folder
and not the folders they come in! if they
have them? this kit is in the normal Rez of
512x512 if there is a request for the hi Rez
1024x1024 then i will consider doing it!

Coming soon:
More Kit-packs and mod-packs so look out for
them!!!

Download:
http://www.filefront.com/17718812/Osp-Newhome10-11_mod.rar

Enjoy!!

csrtt815, your Ospreys kit is awesome! :D. Great detail. Your efforts would be more appreciated has it been done in HD. You lose quality especially the logos on the sleeve. I would suggest you make all your future kits in HD ;). You're doing yourself an injustice by using 512x512. Definitely have an HD request from me.

csrtt815, your Ospreys kit is awesome! :D. Great detail. Your efforts would be more appreciated has it been done in HD. You lose quality especially the logos on the sleeve. I would suggest you make all your future kits in HD ;). You're doing yourself an injustice by using 512x512. Definitely have an HD request from me.

Thanks ShaheenJ, I know what you are saying and would love to make all my kits in HD size the only thing is that all my kit Templates are in the Original size!! I have loads of templates from shorts socks backs and kits itself, so that would mean resizing them and editing them as the quality of the GFX gets super-imposed this making them look fuzzy. . . .
Its a shame that the modeling makes the gfx on the arms look pixelated!! hope that Rugby2012 sorts this out.. not only that lets hope that HB Studios don't change the code like the *.rx3 on Fifa?

Thanks ShaheenJ, I know what you are saying and would love to make all my kits in HD size the only thing is that all my kit Templates are in the Original size!! I have loads of templates from shorts socks backs and kits itself, so that would mean resizing them and editing them as the quality of the GFX gets super-imposed this making them look fuzzy. . . .
Its a shame that the modeling makes the gfx on the arms look pixelated!! hope that Rugby2012 sorts this out.. not only that lets hope that HB Studios don't change the code like the *.rx3 on Fifa?
If they ever bring it out on pc...:cool:When can we expect the Ospreys away kit csrtt815?:D

I've started the away kit so wont be long? i need to update the flags as well so its going to be in with the away mod!

This is what I did.

Took a blank white front + back and and Photoshop resized it from 512 to 1024 (although I prefer 2048 out of preference).

Image -> Image Size -> "change the Width and Height" -> Select Bicubic Smoother (best for enlargement) -> and OK.

Do the same for the back in Photoshop but use 1024.

This will blow it up real big with a bit of "pixilation" - don't worry too much about that. Use this as your basis to work from. The trick is that you do all your work on a large canvas at high resolution, so when it does get shrunk in game, you lose very little quality. As apposed to working on 512 and then blow it up later - then you will end up with a pixilated end product. Unfortunately you have to start from scratch to create HD templates. Once the hard work is out the way, making kits becomes easier ;).

Yeah I know exactly what you mean ShaheenJ I don't use Photoshop did have it many years ago didnt like it lol I use Jasc's Paintshop Pro and the new 1 that is now licensed by Corel so my old Corel stuff works with it!!!! lol Anyway back on subject, well as its going to take a while for the new release of Rugby2012 so will do some HD kits might even redo my Ospreys in HD so lets see?

Yeah I know exactly what you mean ShaheenJ I don't use Photoshop did have it many years ago didnt like it lol I use Jasc's Paintshop Pro and the new 1 that is now licensed by Corel so my old Corel stuff works with it!!!! lol Anyway back on subject, well as its going to take a while for the new release of Rugby2012 so will do some HD kits might even redo my Ospreys in HD so lets see?
That would be great!And maybe ShaheenJ can give you his mini-kit template or you could ask andrews, just to have all the mini-kits looking the same.Not that your mini-kits aren't amazing, just so that all the mini-kits are in the same "format"...

yeah that would be tidy IK JDV, if they would like to share their templates on the forum Like i did with my templates then that would be great!! if i remember i posted them about a year and half ago? and gave them to EVOL & E-gunner 1st anyway that is irrelevant? I have the fifa style minikit but i redone it to look more like Rugby kits and not football kit! but as every modder uses that new style minikit then i would be rude not to use it?

Edit: Just to let people know that there is going to be a delay in some future mods! as i have just managed to recover from a system re-install and have lost a few progs so am in the middle of sorting it out, hope to be back to normal soon!

Sorry to those that was waiting for the Ospreys new away kit bare with me will be up and running soon.

Many thanks Tony

Last edited:

Latest posts