• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Here's a real expert who says it's not a big deal and in fact Trump's HDQ drug is the best treatment along with vitamin D and Zinc. She also says masks are no good.

Here's a real expert who says it's not a big deal and in fact Trump's HDQ drug is the best treatment along with vitamin D and Zinc. She also says masks are no good.

How legit is she?
I've never heard of her but a quick google shows she's part of an alt-right party and mucks around with anti-vaxxers?

They also tout her as a leading immunologist but that's not her field of expertise/work?

Trump's HDQ drug is the best treatment
Demonstrably not true, and a paper came out a few days ago saying it's outright dangerous:
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31180-6/fulltext

How legit is she?
I've never heard of her but a quick google shows she's part of an alt-right party and mucks around with anti-vaxxers?

They also tout her as a leading immunologist but that's not her field of expertise/work?

Demonstrably not true, and a paper came out a few days ago saying it's outright dangerous:
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31180-6/fulltext
She's claiming the flu vaccine contains Coronavirus and wants to push for natural immunity to all diseases rather than vaccines because they provide immunity for life. Also suggests that SARS makes you immune.

https://www.integralmetamodern.com/...talk-about-that-dolores-cahill-covid-19-video

Last edited:
So definitely an expert like Andrew Wakefield.

I'd love to see how she obtained her 'credentials'.

How legit is she?

So definitely an expert like Andrew Wakefield.

I'd love to see how she obtained her 'credentials'.

Watch the first few minutes of the video. Its basically listing off SOME of her credentials.

Watch the first few minutes of the video. Its basically listing off SOME of her credentials.
She has no worthy credentials if she claims any of this and is disgrace to her proffession.
She's claiming the flu vaccine contains Coronavirus and wants to push for natural immunity to all diseases rather than vaccines because they provide immunity for life. Also suggests that SARS makes you immune.

https://www.integralmetamodern.com/...talk-about-that-dolores-cahill-covid-19-video

Gotta wonder how long UCD will keep her on their payroll after that.

164A2BFB-FE2D-4717-911C-77A18F3A3097.jpeg 164A2BFB-FE2D-4717-911C-77A18F3A3097.jpeg Plenty of smart people can go on to believe in pretty out there stuff.

From article on the Nobel Prize Curse

View attachment 8203 View attachment 8203 Plenty of smart people can go on to believe in pretty out there stuff.

From article on the Nobel Prize Curse

Isaac Newton, a relatively unknown man but by all accounts pretty brilliant. Believed strongly until the day he died that alchemy could work despite there never being a single case where it did nor any reasoning to show it could work.

Yeah, bit of a niche guy in science TBH only known in the smaller circles of the scientific community.
Huh? Is there sarcasm in that? I would guess he is the third most well known scientist in history after Einstein and Darwin.

edit:
So I did some googling, then found out google and most popular search engines don't give number of results anymore so I went to yippy and entered all the different scientists who I thought might be well known, and this is how they ranked in terms of number of results:

galileo
Einstein
Benjamin Franklin (though he is more famous as a founding father, and more famous in America compared to the rest of the world. I know the only way New Zealanders have heard of him is by watching American tv)
Darwin
Newton
Archimedes
Faraday
Turing

who did I miss?

Last edited:
Huh? Is there sarcasm in that? I would guess he is the third most well known scientist in history after Einstein and Darwin.

I'm not really sure he could integrate well into a selection of famous scientists. There is nothing really to differentiate him from any others. Can't be just letting any old scientists into the hall of fame. The gravity of that situation is just too much.

Well that's my entertainment for the lockdown sorted.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure he could integrate well into a selection of famous scientists. There is nothing really to differentiate him from any others. Can't be just letting any old scientists into the hall of fame. The gravity of that situation is just too much.

Well that's my entertainment for the lockdown sorted.
You are confusing me, still can't tell if you are playing. While I would accept he might not rank in terms of credentials, hence his quote (the most famous quote from any scientist ever) that his achievements came from standing on the shoulders of giants, your other post said he was by all accounts brilliant. Point being, there is a relativity factor here, so the gravity of the situation is irrelevant.

Last edited:
I think we should establish some sort of society, maybe a by royal charter, a royal society, if you like, to establish whether Isaac Newton is particularly well known.
We're going to need to new form of calculus, or other maths, to sort it out.

Can someone tell Cummings lockdown means lockdown? Like pretty please.

I know it wasn't his phrase and he was nowhere near May's premiership but it would make me laugh...alot.

galileo
Einstein
Benjamin Franklin (though he is more famous as a founding father, and more famous in America compared to the rest of the world. I know the only way New Zealanders have heard of him is by watching American tv)
...or you know...if you had ever studied science or history

Latest posts