• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

I think we should establish some sort of society, maybe a by royal charter, a royal society, if you like, to establish whether Isaac Newton is particularly well known.
We're going to need to new form of calculus, or other maths, to sort it out.

That sounds great in theory, but it would require a particularly illuminated corpus of people to set into motion.

So for the 5th consecutive day the Government has been unable to say how many people were tested. Cock up or conspiracy.....I think this Government is more than capable of both.

This is not easy and I cut the Government a lot of slack at the outset, but I am becoming increasingly disillusioned with them and suspect I am not alone.

Listening to the announcement of test and trace, all I can do is make Cummings joke and not takes it seriously as they keep stressing how important it is to follow the rules.

I will obviously follow them if it comes to it but still they've ******** all this messaging.

So the track and trace system isn't the automated one being tested, but instead relies on people remembering accurately where they have been and even then, places like shops, supermarkets etc... could well not be covered. It's an improvement on nothing, but no where near 'world beating'.

I think we should establish some sort of society, maybe a by royal charter, a royal society, if you like, to establish whether Isaac Newton is particularly well known.
We're going to need to new form of calculus, or other maths, to sort it out.

I don't trust no left wing atheist communist hippy evil scientists. We have a presidant of the yonaritid staoits of OMearica who saiys what wae thaunk, who teyells et haow et ezz, who maekes ah feool of the saow colled "sci-entz" becerz he saow mahtch simarder than them. Gard ble-iss darnowld tror-ump.

Last edited:
Thank you for your email. I would like to reassure you that I fully appreciate and understand your concerns and frustrations about the decision that Dominic Cummings took to travel to Durham.

We have all made significant sacrifices over the past months to help control the virus. As a father of two children who had to self-isolate towards the start of this crisis, I sympathise with the difficult position in which Mr Cummings found himself. He has made it clear he was motivated by trying to protect his son and took steps to be safe. As you may have seen, Mr Cummings gave a full account of his actions in a televised Statement, where I believe he explained himself in detail. You can find this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PBZ8UowYnU.

Thank you again for contacting me and do get in touch if you have anything further you would like to raise or discuss with me.

Kind regards,

[reply from my conservative MP requesting he ask Bojo to sack Dominic Cummings for eroding my trust in Government over their handling of his blatant disregard for the rules.]

God that's pathetic he won't even commit one way or the other just provides a link....

Yep, going to reply to him. Any points anyone feels they want me to put across to him, please let me know. He's missed the point of my e-mail to him completely, which was about erosion of trust in the Government and politicians in general.

Last edited:
Yep, going to reply to him. Any points anyone feels they want me to put across to him, please let me know. He's missed the point of my e-mail to him completely, which was about erosion of trust in the Government and politicians in general.

Get arsey, say part of the erosion is how the government seems to treat the people with contempt and the fact he had given a non answer is feeding that.

Get arsey, say part of the erosion is how the government seems to treat the people with contempt and the fact he had given a non answer is feeding that.

Cheers, I will put that across. Totally unacceptable answer from my MP. i will point to how a second wave could be made worse because of Government's stance on Cummings.

[reply from my conservative MP requesting he ask Bojo to sack Dominic Cummings for eroding my trust in Government over their handling of his blatant disregard for the rules.]

My response to my MP's pathetic response.

Dear..........

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my e-mail.

Whilst I appreciate that you understand my concerns and frustrations, I am disappointed with your reply and Mr Cummings' explanation of his his reasons for breaking the lockdown. I could understand the journey to Durham if he stayed put in the house and never left the property throughout his time, but his explanation that he drove 32 miles to Barnard Castle to "test his eyesight" is derisory and downright insulting to the British people. Not only was it not an essential journey, but to endanger other people on the roads if his eyesight was affected by Covid is alarming to say the least.

As we slowly come out of lockdown and the Government's message that the R number remain below 1, it is essential that public trust is maintained in the Government to prevent a potential second and/or third wave, if a vaccine is not found, being much worse than it could be. I do not need to remind you that countries such as Germany, South Korea and Taiwan, where they largely trust their Government has been reflected in their much lower infection rates and death tolls compared to the UK's.

The Government's stance to back Mr Cummings further reinforces this notion in my mind that there is "one rule for one and one rule for another." The fact that Professor Neil Ferguson and Catherine Calderwood had the integrity to see the error of their ways when they committed breaches of the lockdown , by resigning their positions, further highlights Mr Cummings lack of such a quality.

I do wish for you to at least convey to the Right Honourable Prime Minister Boris Johnson my deep disappointment in his decision to back Mr Cummings and the consequences of this decisions, which could have far greater repercussions for the future.

Kind regards,

Durdle Door was a complete **** show yesterday anyone who's ever visited it will know how bloody stupid a beech it is to visit. Of course a bunch of absolute wankers made a bad situation far far worse.

I have zero idea why anyone though going to a beech was a sensible idea.

Anyway the great Cummings giveaway continues...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52862440

Seriously the methodoly of announcing a new easing of restrictions every day feels like utter madness and throwing caution to the wind whilst numbers remain stubbornly high.

Going back to Cummings I think it's becoming clearer why Bojo is going to such lengths to protect him: Brexit trade deal or no deal by the end of the year. Bojo's legacy has already been tainted from his mishandling of the crisis. From patting himself on the back on 31 January for the day we left, missing those Cobra meetings on the virus because he was away in the country and distracted by Carrie and the new baby and of course, getting the virus itself and still not really being fully recovered from it.

Now he knows the rest of his political legacy rests on delivering a decent trade deal from Brexit and for that he still needs Cummings.

Last edited:

Latest posts