• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Barrett ahead of Cruden? Carter near the end?

For me Dan Carter is still the All Black's most complete no.10 and if he is fit will be Hansen's first choice until the 2015 World Cup; he'll only be 33 by then. He'll also have a point to prove after what happened in 2007 and 2011. Realistically it's his last chance to perform at the pinnacle of the sport. Still not bad competition and backup in Cruden and Barrett.

Good game from Cruden on the weekend. Yet again picked as starting 10 and for once Barrett was largely ineffective off the bench. Case closed on this one?

Good game from Cruden on the weekend. Yet again picked as starting 10 and for once Barrett was largely ineffective off the bench. Case closed on this one?

Not all all.Cruden had an excellent game and he really showed his maturity at Fly Half with the way he orchestrated the game.When Barret came on the game had changed and the wallabies were really pressing forward.Barret will learn to control the game with more experience.He will understand what type of game to play.Congrats to Cruden though he is really knocking on DC's door.Which team in the world has this type of depth?

Not all all.Cruden had an excellent game and he really showed his maturity at Fly Half with the way he orchestrated the game.When Barret came on the game had changed and the wallabies were really pressing forward.Barret will learn to control the game with more experience.He will understand what type of game to play.Congrats to Cruden though he is really knocking on DC's door.Which team in the world has this type of depth?
Sorry Chikwa, not sure what your angle is here?? You think Barrett is ahead of Cruden?

I thought Cruden performed well at the weekend. As pointed out above it was a very mature performance from him, and he orchestrated things well at 10. Constantly makes the correct decisions with ball in hand, and seems to be growing into the leadership role that playing International Rugby at Fly Half naturally promotes. Kicked well and reads the game brilliantly. Growing into the shirt game by game.

Last edited:
I thought Cruden performed well when he came on. As pointed out above it was a very mature performance from him, and he orchestrated things well at 10. Constantly makes the correct decisions with ball in hand, and seems to be growing into the leadership role that playing International Rugby at Fly Half naturally promotes. Kicked well and reads the game brilliantly. Growing into the shirt game by game.

Just wondering if you talking about Barrett or Cruden? Cruden started, Barrett came on.

Talking about Cruden, apologies. Been a long day.
OK cool, yeah I agree with you, he has come on leaps and bounds the last 2 years IMO. That kick to Savea which lead to the Cane try was pin point and optimized Cruden's class IMHO and why he is the first choice 10 when DC is out.

OK cool, yeah I agree with you, he has come on leaps and bounds the last 2 years IMO. That kick to Savea which lead to the Cane try was pin point and optimized Cruden's class IMHO and why he is the first choice 10 when DC is out.

Tremendous piece of skill. It was a great example of how his decision making has improved over time in my opinion. Obviously it helps having the experience of Nonu outside him at 12 and although he didn't play at the weekend, Conrad Smith at 13, but his decision making and reading of the game has looked excellent lately. Certainly pushing Carter for the 10 shirt IMO.

Not sure of the details of Carters injury against England but it is looking like he is nearing his end.Hopefully he ll be fit next year.Aron cruden was steady but not creative enough.

Cruden or Barrett??? ... i don't care, they are both wonderful talents.
Either one is a winner.
I like them both and if Barrett can become more experienced then we should have a seamless change from DC to the young guns.
Carter is coming to the end of his long and illustrious career. You can't play forever...
I hope he's ok to play Ireland but if he is not I'm sure the All black conveyor belt will dredge up more quality to step into his vast shoes.

Latest posts