• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership - If your club could sign one player who would it be and why?

That's why it'd make sense to sign someone like Hamilton on a 2yr deal, while Itoje gets used to prem rugby, and Hamilton winds down his career.
I must be honest I don't really see what Hamilton would bring us. I think that Kruis will be on the fringe of England in a couple of seasons and Hargreaves is a very handy player. If we get a second row player I want somebody of some real quality, like Hines but he is going somewhere else now so that's too late.

For Leicester: Michael Hooper, Patt Lambie and Israel Folau

Definitely a world class 10... Since Flood is leaving, ofcourse we have Williams who in my opinion give him a few years you wont see much better, but if we had a World Class 10 after Flood, would benefit Owen dramatically, Carter or Cooper would be nice?;)

We desperately need a classy 10.

Clegg and Godman are just not good enough - (Godman is not even a championship standard player), and Hodgson, well he hasnt signed a new contract so dont know whats happening with him. Links with Saints are becoming louder and louder.

So yes a classy 10 for the Falcons.

The guy you've signed from Rotherham, Socino, looks like a great buy to be fair. Massive boot and can play 10 or 12.

I feel you on Clegg, when he was at Quins he was a bit of a joke.

Socino is a cracking signing Patchey....but he looks much more like a 12. And a back up 10.

Hes a hard running, hard tackler, with a great boot. Ideally we'd like Joel to get this contract signed. But its not looking good.

i wouldnt want to go into the next season with only Clegg or Godman.

For tigers I would say Andy Goode, he is one of the best 10's in the premiership even though he is really old. Would love to see him back at Welford road! Also we are a bit light on props

Are you serious?
You could have any one player and it would be Andy Goode?

A year or more ago I would have agreed that he was one of the best premiership 10's and underrated by nost....
But he was complete gash last season and appears to be going down-hill at a rate of knots. Avoid at all costs.

Are you serious?
You could have any one player and it would be Andy Goode?

A year or more ago I would have agreed that he was one of the best premiership 10's and underrated by nost....
But he was complete gash last season and appears to be going down-hill at a rate of knots. Avoid at all costs.

Andy under performed last year because he was thrown in at a new club for him, wasps. With a decent forward team and maybe when he settles in at wasps Goode will be back at his best before he retires

Not true; he under performed because the quality of his passing was off, his kicking from hand and tactical game was poor, his goal kicking percentage was very low..not things you can put down to the new club. The wasps pack was very strong last season and only let down by our backs and half-backs.

If I could sign any player, my personal choice would be Jacques Burger. I just think he is one the worlds best all round flankers who has an outstanding work rate.

I just think he is one the worlds best all round flankers who has an outstanding work rate.

By "all round" do mean tackling? Because that's pretty much the only thing he is tasked with doing.

He can run with the ball etc.....but tackling is defo his strong point.

Not well to the point where you could really call him "well rounded" - every player can carry the ball.

I think you'll struggle to find many outside of Saracens fans who agree with you.

Premiership back row carrying stats for last season (carries - metres):

Burger: 45 - 75
Kvesic: 119 - 216
Robshaw: 129 - 245
Fraser: 30 - 113
Wallace: 72 - 173
Wood: 77 - 142
Fearns: 92 - 219
Haskell: 88 - 167

He's about as well rounded as a brick.

Sorry, I must of missed the forum rule that states I need your approval for my opinion on fantasy signings!

No - that rule doesn't exist.

The idea that you might have to back up your statements shouldn't come as a surprise - and it isn't exactly unreasonable on a discussion forum, is it?

He was injured for most of the season wasn't he?

Also might have to do with Sarries style.

Latest posts