• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs New Zealand

NZ doing well to restrict Australia to only 225-5. Hussey doing well to make 75 and Clarke unlucky not to get a century, out for 98, nasty looking toe injury at the end though, be interesting to see if he bowls or not.

NZ 34-1 in reply after 9 overs.

So Australia in control here, only need 7 wickets now in 15 overs with only the batting power play left. They'll cruise to victory from here, or so some of the commentators would have you believe.

not the easiest of catches but you'd expect Hussey to have taken that. Brother none too pleased I'd imagine. Probably would have slid out to be honest.

goodness Brayshaw take a look at that Hussey chance again, had he held onto the catch there's no way momentum wouldn't have carried him over the boundary, so it would have been 6 then.

I know this isn't exactly the strongest NZ batting lineup we're likely to see but claims from Taylor that NZ are slightly ahead in the game are a tad bizarre. 7 wickets in hand with a power play to come, only requiring 55 runs and it's not exactly the strongest bowling lineup Australia are likely to field.

well that Johnson wicket should slow the rate a bit but could be too little too late unless they pick up another 2 fairly quickly.

Well 11 off 15 required and New Zealand with six left seem to be just mucking around.

and they're home, Elliot played really well, impressed with what I saw from him and Broom did well in partnership, both did well considering their relative inexperience at this level.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Feb 2 2009, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Feb 2 2009, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd be the last to admit it, but it seems Australia's aura of invincibility is gone. No longer can we make excuses about every facet of play. It's time to admit the likes of South Africa are our equal.
[/b]

More along the lines of Sri Lanka being your equal whilst SA and India being the two superior teams in the world don't you reckon?
[/b][/quote]

One bad summer and we're equal with Sri Lanka?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 6 2009, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
and they're home, Elliot played really well, impressed with what I saw from him and Broom did well in partnership, both did well considering their relative inexperience at this level.[/b]
Oh did NZ win? Who did we beat?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Feb 6 2009, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 6 2009, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and they're home, Elliot played really well, impressed with what I saw from him and Broom did well in partnership, both did well considering their relative inexperience at this level.[/b]
[/b][/quote]

some shabby second rate side, nothing to write home about

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 7 2009, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Feb 6 2009, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Wow we beat a second rate side! This is a great feat as NZ are third rate.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Feb 6 2009, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 7 2009, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Feb 6 2009, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Wow we beat a second rate side! This is a great feat as NZ are third rate.
[/b][/quote]
well every dog has his day.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Feb 7 2009, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Feb 2 2009, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd be the last to admit it, but it seems Australia's aura of invincibility is gone. No longer can we make excuses about every facet of play. It's time to admit the likes of South Africa are our equal.
[/b]

More along the lines of Sri Lanka being your equal whilst SA and India being the two superior teams in the world don't you reckon?
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I was thinking one great period of cricket from Sri Lanka and a form slump from Australia which makes them equal. Sri Lanka have been brilliant with the likes of Dilshan, Jayasuriya, Sangakarra, Jayawardene, Mendis and Murali all at the top of their game. All those players would walk into the Aussie team at this very moment.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Feb 7 2009, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Feb 7 2009, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Feb 2 2009, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I was thinking one great period of cricket from Sri Lanka and a form slump from Australia which makes them equal. Sri Lanka have been brilliant with the likes of Dilshan, Jayasuriya, Sangakarra, Jayawardene, Mendis and Murali all at the top of their game. All those players would walk into the Aussie team at this very moment.
[/b][/quote]

Last year NO Sri Lankan players would've walked into the Aussie team when we killed them 2-0. I doubt that it's changed much a year later.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Feb 7 2009, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Feb 7 2009, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Last year NO Sri Lankan players would've walked into the Aussie team when we killed them 2-0. I doubt that it's changed much a year later.
[/b][/quote]

I take it you don't follow cricinfo Dale? Go and take a look at Sri Lanka's results over the past year. They destroyed India emphatically only a month before the Aussies got slapped by them. It's hard to believe but they really have come a long way. Look at Ajantha Mendis stats also, they're insane.

Although they are getting beaten in the ODI series against India right now (losing 4-0), the Aussies are in a similar position having lost their last 5 ODI games.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Feb 7 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Feb 7 2009, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Feb 7 2009, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I take it you don't follow cricinfo Dale? Go and take a look at Sri Lanka's results over the past year. They destroyed India emphatically only a month before the Aussies got slapped by them. It's hard to believe but they really have come a long way. Look at Ajantha Mendis stats also, they're insane.
[/b][/quote]

No. I admit I dont really give a **** about other series anymore, no point now I haven't had foxtel for a year now.
No doubting it's great to see SL and other nations rise up, but you can't seriously rank us to them after one year of good results for them and 1-2 ordinary series for us.
Most people like to focus on Australia losing and harp on how bad they are doing (f***ing media). rather than the other teams (SA and INDIA) beating them and that team just playing better than them. Saying that winning in India is very unlikely no matter how good your team is.

I really hope SA can keep up their good form over the next 5 years.

I'm not going to say our dominance is over, they were saying that after we lost to England and I'm not giving in yet even though 99% has lost faith in the baggygreen, Australia will come back better than ever.
Of course you will struggle when Johnson is your lead bowler in your attack, you don't have a spinner and the selectors are idiots.