• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ANZAC DAY TEST - New Zealand vs Australia

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+May 4 2006, 07:07 PM-->
Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@May 4 2006, 07:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@May 4 2006, 03:22 PM
Slater hasn't done jack since that Origin game, even less in the international arena.

And SBW has?

He's still got a highlight reel double that of most players and he's only like 23 or something.
what you mean?..slaters 23?...and sonny bills only 20..benji is 21...

[/b]
I was talking about Slater

sonny bills first year alone was more impressive than slaters debut and he lived up to the hype he had in nz since he was 14..when he left to play under18s for a regional team linked to the bulldogs..there was so much riding on sonny when he debuted at 18..it is rare to have teenagers shine in there 1st year..let alone the following years til they are like 22/23..yet every time he is on the field he has been everything the media talk about...including injury prone
[/b]

You missed the point of my post(again).....

I never said Slater was one of the best players, i said i personally think he's one of the top 2 or 3 most exciting players to watch in league(when at his best)

It was only a year ago(maybe a bit more) when Slater was scoring those mind-blowing length of the field tries almost every week......... and it doesn't get much better than some of those tries he scored.

On Bowen, i thought it was already established that he was the most exciting player (bar none) in the NRL and thats what all the so called "experts" have been saying every week for almost the last two years.................. from what i've seen,i totally agree.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@May 4 2006, 06:47 PM
Sanzar and AK ,who do you guys think is the most exciting league player?
On form, Johns... The guy can do just about anything! But Benji's Finals form last year was pretty irresistable as well. Also, you'd have to say Inglis as well at the moment, that guy is just scoring all over the place and playing every match better than Slater's career best Origin match 2 (04) form! If he keeps playing like that, then Slater will be making a bench appearence at best for the Maroons this year.

i didnt miss any point truth..(again digging a grave that can fit his whole family in)...

you said HES ONLY 23...sonnys only 20...we have yte to see tha best of sonny yet in his early years he has grabbed attaention from both rugby union and rugby leagues wider communities with his impressive skill set..he is more of a rugby league drawcard than slater..excitement oozes coz of his whole aura that the media has built around him and he has more than kept up to tha when hes on tha field

put it this way...

if we sent both to the super duper stupid league out in the wild up north

williams would make 3x as much as slater...money buys more money and sonny bill is tha star attraction..only 20..

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@May 4 2006, 08:47 AM
Personally, Jamie Lyon, but boy do I enjoy watching Benji Marshall in full flow.

(Meh, I wasn't asked, but I have an opinion on most things.)

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+May 5 2006, 08:21 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@May 4 2006, 08:47 AM
Personally, Jamie Lyon, but boy do I enjoy watching Benji Marshall in full flow.

(Meh, I wasn't asked, but I have an opinion on most things.) [/b]
Good point. He was asking about the NRL, but Lyon has produced some incredible footy in the ESL! BTW did you hear he may be coming back to Aus?

i used to love watch jamie lyon play, he was my fav player for the eels. then he went and threw a paddy and played in waga waga then went to ESL, suck.

if he does come back i prolly wont enjoy him playing as much as i doubt he will play for the eels

Originally posted by woosaah@May 5 2006, 10:15 AM
i used to love watch jamie lyon play, he was my fav player for the eels. then he went and threw a paddy and played in waga waga then went to ESL, suck.

if he does come back i prolly wont enjoy him playing as much as i doubt he will play for the eels
Word is that the Eels are where he's going...

Well after watching the best footy show of all time me and my mates are buying all the kava in sydney and getting kava'd this weekend

I agree with Lyon comments

on his day he is also very exciting, and i miss him heaps

hopefull will see him in green n gold again..............hopefully doesnt go back to parra, and goes for a semi country style living - ie the RAIDERS!!!

who f***ing cares about jamie lyons?...anyone who likes him is a douche bag with added **** in it...

he is a swine..no no he is a human pig with donkeys legs..look at his ugly mug,he shud be shot for being that ugly

lets talk about REAL league talent in which will be showcased tonite!

CANT WAIT....

Originally posted by sanzar+May 5 2006, 10:12 AM-->
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@May 5 2006, 08:21 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@May 4 2006, 08:47 AM

(Meh, I wasn't asked, but I have an opinion on most things.)
Good point. He was asking about the NRL, but Lyon has produced some incredible footy in the ESL! BTW did you hear he may be coming back to Aus? [/b]
My Great Grandma could carve up the ESL... and she's been dead since 1937.

lyon will have difficulty walking back into the parramatta side. I have also heard he could be going back there next year as well

Anyone who is slagging Jamie Lyon obviously hasn't seen him play? The kid would make up for the possible loss of Gasnier and more. He will play for Australia next year if he returns.

Lyon is an absolutely fantastic player - you are truly deluded if you say otherwise, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Jamie Lyon, not only being a great guy, is the best Saint I've ever seen.

As far as I'm concerned, he is going home at the end of the season. I pray daily that isn't the case, but if it is, it is, we've had 2 awesome years out of him.

no excuses really..sloppy plays let us down

but yo gotta touch on tha referees..some the calls complete bullshit...

anyways as i said earlier,if we were in johns face all time it would have had a far greater affect for our counter attacks off 5th tackle..but no pressure and he was allowed to breathe and design the backline...stupid stupid...benji and sonny bill played as if they were restricted,benji needed more direct action..rather than passing,sonny bill(barring some shattering hits..oh king,jus f*** off hahaha) didnt get enough ball on attack...he cudve taken much pressure off the backline but it looked as if he was playing winger tha whole match

i wud regret having anderson back in the squad..he sucks balls,steven matai couldve slotted in at 13 and he wouldve killed his club captain kennedy(who had an awesome game)

AND **** WEBB SUCKS AT KICKING..no wiki too but our props did a fine job,just ran out of juice

i am dissapointed but quite happy,as the last anzac test (05)was exactly the same..we needed more involvement from our playmakers and overtime come trinations season we shud be back on our feet again..

yes im very sad....but come to think of it

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

KARMICHAEL HUNT.....YOU GOT OWNED!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA..GET DA f*** OUT OF HERE YOU LITTLE 19 YEAR OLD GIRL..he was scraed the entire match since his 1st hit up..ohwell,guess you have to learn the hard way

fair game to the aussies..johns goes out with an awesome performance

I gave up watching at the 60 minute mark we were playing like **** and every reffing decision seemed to go against us.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lost by 40 in the end.

Latest posts