• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ANZAC DAY TEST - New Zealand vs Australia

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
I remember reading somewhere the Hunt was starting to think about playing for the Kiwis...

and whats Frank Pitchard like? In the Dominion Post he said that the Force were after him, but if he couldn't get a deal done with the Panthers he would rather play for the Hurricaines or Crusaders and try to play for the All Blacks. Wether he's just trying to ween more money out of the Panthers I don't know, but it also had Steve Tew saying that the NZRFU would tango if Pitchard started it up.

Originally posted by Ripper@May 1 2006, 06:11 PM
I remember reading somewhere the Hunt was starting to think about playing for the Kiwis...

and whats Frank Pitchard like? In the Dominion Post he said that the Force were after him, but if he couldn't get a deal done with the Panthers he would rather play for the Hurricaines or Crusaders and try to play for the All Blacks. Wether he's just trying to ween more money out of the Panthers I don't know, but it also had Steve Tew saying that the NZRFU would tango if Pitchard started it up.
Pritchard came onto the league scene touted as huge

and he is huge alright

he got injured and it hurt his first year - but he was devasting for his time in 1st grade - like sonny bill.....made an immediate impact

Dunno what his union skills are like, but i reckon the Force should get him - to bulster the pack - potentially then u can guage his AB's potential, but as a league forward i rated him highly for the time he spent (short), and the impact he made (big), in a panthers pack with Clinton, Puletua, Ross and Nulavao..........not be at all IMO

hhahahah hunt eh?...

i can tell you that sonny bill and benji,when ever they have clashed with karmichael...after that game they pursued to talk him into the kiwis..this is truth..and hes always been resistant..in the end its totally his decision....but dont blame sonny bill williams if hunt finds his way to sonnys shoulders and ends up on the bench...(after flying 50 metres from the hit)

what ever..this is gonna be a cracker

and ripper..frank pritchard is the man!...power house player..born and breed aussie but through his parents is eligible and has always fantasized about playing the black jersey...he would make an awesome no.8 or 6 in union..(hes kind of like nick williams with ball in hand...and rodney sooialo on defence)

cant wait till friday!

Originally posted by sanzar+May 1 2006, 03:53 PM-->
Originally posted by Wally@May 1 2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 30 2006, 11:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-shiznit
@Apr 30 2006, 10:07 PM
correct me if im wrong but im sure luke odonnell is from NSW. if that is indeed the case then that makes only 3 queenslanders in the side. your deadset dreaming if you think cooper has been going better than hodges.

Hodges is better than Cooper, but if he were to be in the team it would be at the expense of Gasnier, because thats where he plays... And Hodges isn't better than Gas.

Hodges can play in both centre positions you skin bag. If anyone other than Ricky Stuart was coaching he'd be in the team.
Ricky is the coach mate, and not the board of selectors all by himself ;) . If the selectors thought he'd do a good job, they'd put him in there, but they would have wanted a solid centre combination, and they've already got that with Gas and Cooper! So why send in a bloke with no solid established combination (not to the level of Gas and Cooper) and who has shown in the past that he shits his pants when defending the big boys?

Seriously Wally, I'm dissapointed with you... you've clearly bought all this crap in the Murdoch press about a big feud with Ricky, when it was all Bodges and Bennet doing all the *****ing! Ricky said he'd be fine with whoever the SELECTORS selected, and merely noted that Gas and Cooper did a great job for him in last years Origin.

In other news if Minichello pulls up sore before kick-off on Friday I think you'll find a certain Mr Hunt in the fullback jersey. According to this morning's Courier Mail he is the preferred selection over Bowen. [/b]

Would be a travesty if that happened... Bowen is so much better than KHUNT it's not funny! [/b]
i agree to an extent. but there are some real eye-raising selections in this side.

Cooper ahead of Hodges
Hunt ahead of Bowen
Lockyer not moved to fullback to accomidate Thurston
No Tronc or Webb
No Price or Crocker

its good to see Hunt getting a run. he showed some real gutts to go with aussie and although i think Bowen is desperately unlucky to have missed out i think with Hunt finally taking the field for aussie it puts an end to all this eligibility issue for good. good luck to him. of the 3 young superstars running around in the game im pretty happy with the kiwis getting SBW and benji. all i do know is if i were the kiwi halves i would be putting the ball into the air because he is definately suspect under the highball.

on the kiwis i like the side theve got. Koopu is probably un-lucky as hes been miles better than anderson but i think the fact that anderson can play hooker gives him the edge. look to see SBW running wide to put the heat on Gasnier. like Cooper, Gasnier is a great ball runner but he is suspect defending against a big mobile forward which is exactly what SBW is.

its going to a great test match. heres hoping Aussie dont cream us and send the international game back into crisis.

I can't see why they didn't just move Thurston to flyhalf and shuffle Lockyer to fullback with Wing on the bench. In the end though I guess it doesn't matter too much. The Kangaroos will run out 16 + winners.

SBW and Benji have been confirmed and in the starting line-up for FRIDAYS ANZAC TEST

This game just took a turn to high high high attention.........the bookies will be going nuts in the next few hours

SBW and BENJI will halve the KIWI odds :p

Even now I am glued to watch this - I love Benji............watching him play anyways........i wanna kill him when he's playing the Raiders

Big WIKI should have a standard blinder aswell

Look out for BIG RUBEN MUSS to score the 1st try.........and GASNIER to score the next 30pts

:bleh!:

Well even though the Panthers had a shocker in the weekend Pritchard sure impressed me with his perofrmance when he came on.

Even the commentators said he should of been in the starting lineup.

hahahaha :lol: :lol:

Pritchard is as australian as Kharmichael is a KIWI :bravo:

READ KIWIS

A bunch of hypocrites

By DEAN RITCHIE

May 03, 2006

TEST coach Ricky Stuart and his angry players last night labelled New Zealand as hypocrites after it was revealed five members of the Kiwis' Test squad were born in Australia.

The Australians were outraged that New Zealand players and coach Brian McClennan fired barbs at young fullback Karmichael Hunt, who accepted a Kangaroos jumper despite being Kiwi-born.

Aussie born ... Pritchard, Cayless, Cayless, Webb and Webster.

Today, The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Frank Pritchard was born in Darlinghurst, Brent Webb in Cairns, Jake Webster in Melbourne and Jason and Nathan Cayless in western Sydney.

Pritchard and Webster were particularly vocal in their criticism of Hunt's decision.

"I thought New Zealanders were smarter than that," said Kangaroos coach Stuart.

"The New Zealanders came out and bagged Karmichael, but five of their players were born right here in Australia.

"I think it smells of hypocrisy.

"I see Frank Pritchard was fairly heavy on Karmichael this week. I understand Frank was born in Darlinghurst, in the centre of Sydney. Jake Webster also had a shot. He was born in Melbourne.

"Karmichael took the toughest road possible to play at Test level. He could quite easily have taken the softer option and played for New Zealand, but he stood by his convictions and for that I admire him.

"Karmichael Hunt deserves all the reawrds that come his way. He'll be great for us on Friday night," added Stuart.

Kangaroos players have been fired up by New Zealand's criticism of Hunt.

"You don't hear Aussies slagging off at those blokes (born here representing New Zealand) for their decisions," said forward Willie Mason.

"You don't see us crying and whinging about them pledging their allegiance â€" they think they're Kiwis, Karmichael thinks he's an Aussie."

Mark O'Meley added: "Karmichael has made a decision based on where he started his footy and where he wants to be.

"It's his decision, not anyone elses.

"It's like the Australians who go over there and play for New Zealand. Blokes like Webb and Webster.

"We don't give them any stick, so why should Karmichael have to cop this?"

O'Meley said the Kangaroos were determined to protect Hunt, 19, on the field.

"We play as a team and a unit," O'Meley said.

"We all look after each other and it won't be any different on Friday night."

Winger Timana Tahu said: "He's entitled to make his own decision."

And skipper Darren Lockyer said: "If Karmichael feels he's Australian and he wants to play for Australia, then that's his decision.

"You've got to look at the same scenario as Brent Webb for the Kiwis as well."

Nathan Cayless, the Parramatta captain, was named in the New Zealand squad but was yesterday overlooked for a spot in the Kiwis' final 17-man squad.

Despite New Zealand's Tri-Nations success last year, the Australians will start $1.20 favourites at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night with the Kiwis at $4.10 on TAB Sportsbet.

Originally posted by Ripper@May 3 2006, 07:14 PM
Does Hunt have Australian blood in him?
:p :p

I know I know

Ricky Stuart is very good with choosing his criteria of argument, and ignoring the broader scale of things

As for your question

I am sure Kharmichael has rooted some blonde bimbo QLD'er on her rags :p

2 days to go - UNTIL THE ROOS reclaim that top perch!!!!!!! :D

bah..wateva..the most exciting draw cards in the nrl are kiwis..all aged like 25 and under

when i say draw cards...we generate money fo yo asses..so shut da f*** up,stick a sawed off to ya ak47 now we see whos champ

fridays is gonna be a beautiful game..well heres hoping,im expecting gigantic hits from both squads!....im expecting some easy tries to the aussies...just like last year in telstra i think where we still won in tha end

cant wait fo this...trantasman league is looking good again

im also hoping for a big full on brawl..we win those easily

Bowen is the most exciting player in the NRL and i'd say Slater second

I reckon Benji will be :injured: before half-time, surely his shoulder cant be ok yet.

Anyway ,should be a great game.........realistically i say the Roos by 22

We dont get to watch the game till 8:30pm over here which sux

people would rather see sonny bill at his smashing best or benji...

it was only last year when benji taught the cowboys a lesson in stepping..and the year before that sonny bill showed his superb offloading abilitys..also a video package of smacking over aussies

biggest draw cards are the kiwi boyz...bowen is the man,he shud be in the aussie squad..i think stuart is bitter

f***ing awesome. NZ are at $3.50 odds to win this. I'm not a betting man, but can you imagine the returns I'd get for my soul and a pocket of beans? Awesome. I may have to stick a bet on.

Another piece of good news, I was going to be working until 11pm on Friday, but I am now working until 6pm.

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@May 3 2006, 06:22 PM
it was only last year when benji taught the cowboys a lesson in stepping.
It was only a few weeks ago that Bowen(and Thurston) gave the Tigers(and Benji) a lesson in how to play footy :D

people would rather see sonny bill at his smashing best or benji...[/b]

For me, i'd tune in to watch Bowen or Slater over Benji and SBW anyday........ no doubt Benji/SBW are the most overhyped players in the NRL though.

f***ing awesome. NZ are at $3.50 odds to win this[/b]

I've seen them out to over $4.........well worth a $10-20 bet, but i dont really gamble much besides poker and the Melbourne Cup.

good banter - keep it coming

I'm a betting man myself, and i am putting $5.00 on WIKI (love my raiders) for man of the match
$10.00 on Gasnier for 1st n last try

and all the money in the world on Benji and SBW to be stretchered off before full time

I mean seriously - Benji will play his last game of 2007.........Mr Prosthetic limbs playing 1st match in weeks in a TEST - already singled out by ricky as a target.............SBW can try whatever but he is in same boat.......hasnt played much footy, and back in a TEST already.............look out the for the voodoo suncorp surface to cause SBW some ligament damage

And cant wait to see the Anthems

I hope we give u an anthems reception like the one we got last time in ur backyard......like not knowing the words, and singing the latest australian idol hit from shannon noel............

Wait Benji could injure himself in the haka - that last jump in the air.........POP, GOES HIS SHOULDER.............Oh Benji, Oh Benji............wait did his mum n dad, forget the "Amin"............amen to that u cat :bleh!:

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@May 3 2006, 11:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
people would rather see sonny bill at his smashing best or benji...

For me, i'd tune in to watch Bowen or Slater over Benji and SBW anyday........ no doubt Benji/SBW are the most overhyped players in the NRL though.

[/b][/quote]
Are you kidding? When both of them are fully fit they are absolutely devestating! There's nothing overhyped about that...

Latest posts