• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

After just over a week, has your mind changed on who you think will win the Worl

Get your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape!

1. Barely when the Pumas weren't gassed. Your guys superior conditioning really told in the end. Great game though.
2. I'm Irish not Safferican!
3. Getting players sin binned is part of the match and you have to deal with your indiscipline. They also had a guy binned too.
4. I think the last time time as that would qualify as "humiliatingly outmuscled was 4 years ago 18 â€" 5 at Mandela stadium. Just going off wikipedia mind, can't remember the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdmqn9JIuzc :lol::lol::lol:
1. We had a rusty start - first game in a while. We completely dominated the 2nd half.
2. My bad. Point still applies - we don't lose to Argentina, SA does sometimes, including last month.
3. Yes, and we did deal with it.
4. Well here's a match report: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/14603733 Nothing in there to support your "humiliatingly outmuscled" claim. Some things I did take from that article: "...little more than a dead rubber by a run of three successive defeats that have left...the Springboks marooned at the bottom of the competitions standings". NZ made 12 changes including resting Carter and McCaw. The only try was scored by NZ. Seems like NZ had the better of territory and possesion but just couldn't turn that into points. Don't think this match is the example you were looking for. May have to go back further.

God damn you all to hell! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPbjPOgRtyA)

There's nothing unusual at all about NZ's slow start to this RWC. What's scary is they're the only side that looks competent and they haven't even flexed their muscles yet, while all other teams have.

There's nothing unusual at all about NZ's slow start to this RWC. What's scary is they're the only side that looks competent and they haven't even flexed their muscles yet, while all other teams have.

I wish I was as confident as you. Kaino has been average at best, Carter is made of glass an could shatter at any minute, Romano should have been detained at customs so he had no part in this tournament, Mealamu hasn't been in his prime since Moses fled Egypt and Woodcock is a sack of potatoes with legs. Thank god we have our glorious leader McCaw.

France haven't flexed their muscles yet... We're getting warmed up... waiting in the shadows ready to pounce and collect our usual RWC scalp.

Ireland, Australia and France are all getting by fine and look likely/certain to qualify for the quarters without doing anything out of the ordinary so far.

Pfft, last time France flexed their muscle was WW1.

I swear it seems like collective national amnesia on behalf of the Kiwi nation in totally glossing over the fact that France played a hell of a match in the 2011 RWC final and were but one deserved toot of Joubert's whistle of glory.

Dusautoir put in probably the best final performances in history and Hairydonkey, Bonnaire and Trinh-duc had stormers too. Fantastic game. And a hell of a robbery too in my humble opinion.

Ireland, Australia and France are all getting by fine and look likely/certain to qualify for the quarters without doing anything out of the ordinary so far.
Say what now? Don't Australia have a couple of, shall we say, tasty matches to look forward to?

I swear it seems like collective national amnesia on behalf of the Kiwi nation in totally glossing over the fact that France played a hell of a match in the 2011 RWC final and were but one deserved toot of Joubert's whistle of glory.

Dusautoir put in probably the best final performances in history and Hairydonkey, Bonnaire and Trinh-duc had stormers too. Fantastic game. And a hell of a robbery too in my humble opinion.

Known as the worst RWC finalists for a reason. They shouldn't have even been there. They were defeated twice in the early stages of the tournament and lucked their way into the finals. The only reason the game was so close was because NZ had massive injury problems, not because France upped their game.

Seriously guys when was the last time a RWC Final didn't have refereeing questions?

2007? Mark Cueto "non-try"
2003? I think the only reason us English aren't banging on about the second half performance of the ref is the fact we won.

Known as the worst RWC finalists for a reason. They shouldn't have even been there. They were defeated twice in the early stages of the tournament and lucked their way into the finals. The only reason the game was so close was because NZ had massive injury problems, not because France upped their game.

Pure hogwash mate http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61K0JcEQGGL._SX492_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Your backrow was full strength and Dusautoir, Bonnaire and Hairdonkey pi**ed all over them!

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously guys when was the last time a RWC Final didn't have refereeing questions?

2007? Mark Cueto "non-try"
2003? I think the only reason us English aren't banging on about the second half performance of the ref is the fact we won.

Indeed. The ref gave a couple of imaginary penalties to keep the Aussies in touch. England were playing 16 men that day and still pulled through. Just goes to show what an incredibly solid team that was. 1/2 of England's starting line up were captain material and a few on the bench too.

Whoa, whoa, whoa whoa, whoa there Pac.
Don't throw the whole nation in the same pile as 81st Minute.

If you catergorised every nation by one or two of each Nation's posters on this site then you could say that every nation is delusional / arrogant / one-eyed etc.

The feel from most people in NZ I talk to is that the Nation understands from past (bitter) experience that anything can happen at the RWC.
And just because we are the best rugby nation on the planet (and we are - the facts speak for themselves) it doesn't mean we can't get beaten on the day by a team putting in an amazing performance and/or the ABs not being on top of their game.

- - - Updated - - -

In response to your comment about the final. I didn't see the match the same way you did.
I think NZ were deserved winners.

Obviously the losers (and those supporting them) will always see refereeing faults.

I didn't see France as the deserved winner you seem to think they were. NZ won. And deservedly so.

Whoa, whoa, whoa whoa, whoa there Pac.
Don't throw the whole nation in the same pile as 81st Minute.

If you catergorised every nation by one or two of each Nation's posters on this site then you could say that every nation is delusional / arrogant / one-eyed etc.

The feel from most people in NZ I talk to is that the Nation understands from past (bitter) experience that anything can happen at the RWC.
And just because we are the best rugby nation on the planet (and we are - the facts speak for themselves) it doesn't mean we can't get beaten on the day by a team putting in an amazing performance and/or the ABs not being on top of their game.

- - - Updated - - -

In response to your comment about the final. I didn't see the match the same way you did.
I think NZ were deserved winners.

Obviously the losers (and those supporting them) will always see refereeing faults.

I didn't see France as the deserved winner you seem to think they were. NZ won. And deservedly so.

I can see how you would think that way and respect your opinion. No doubt NZ were the best rugby team in the 2011 competition, are the best team now, and are undoubtedly the greatest country to play the game (With the possible exception of pre 6 Nations era Wales), but I just thought that NZ were 2nd best that day.

Sorry for tarring you with the same brush as the poster above. Don't get me wrong, I adore the All Blacks, and love seeing them play, just the 2011 final (which I watched as a 100% neutral by the way) really stuck in my craw!

Last edited:
I can see how you would think that way and respect your opinion. No doubt NZ were the best rugby team in the 2011 competition, are the best team now, and are undoubtedly the greatest country to play the game (With the possible exception of pre 6 Nations era Wales), but I just thought that NZ were 2nd best that day.

Sorry for tarring you with the same brush as the poster above. Don't get me wrong, I adore the All Blacks, and love seeing them play, just the 2011 final (which I watched as a 100% neutral by the way) really stuck in my craw!

Fair play mate - each to their own.

Dont you feel that Ireland - a lot like NZ - don't really seem to have been "part" of the tournament yet?
I guess that will change pretty soon though!

Fair play mate - each to their own.

Dont you feel that Ireland - a lot like NZ - don't really seem to have been "part" of the tournament yet?
I guess that will change pretty soon though!

Ireland have had no real opposition yet, our group consisted of one competitive game really. The way we play the 2nd most competitive team just before France is a great help. I just hope we iron out our kinks and don't get any major injuries. If Mike Ross or Sexton get injured we are F*CKED!

The AB's were rusty vs Argentina but they have a team of players that would probably make up 1/3 of a world 15, and the best coaches, the best experience and an iron hard winning mentality. They will most likely win this thing. I just hope it isn't at a canter! NZ vs France in the quarters will be the game of the tournament. All Blacks vs France is I think the best rivalry in sports. The matches you guys have put together have been absolutely amazing. Despite the refereeing in 2007 and 2011, those games were beautiful, amazing to watch. Can't wait for that game (provided Ireland beat France)

Would you start SBW over Nonu or Smith btw?

Ireland have had no real opposition yet, our group consisted of one competitive game really. The way we play the 2nd most competitive team just before France is a great help. I just hope we iron out our kinks and don't get any major injuries. If Mike Ross or Sexton get injured we are F*CKED!

The AB's were rusty vs Argentina but they have a team of players that would probably make up 1/3 of a world 15, and the best coaches, the best experience and an iron hard winning mentality. They will most likely win this thing. I just hope it isn't at a canter! NZ vs France in the quarters will be the game of the tournament. All Blacks vs France is I think the best rivalry in sports. The matches you guys have put together have been absolutely amazing. Despite the refereeing in 2007 and 2011, those games were beautiful, amazing to watch. Can't wait for that game (provided Ireland beat France)

Would you start SBW over Nonu or Smith btw?

Haha I like how you have already got NZ-FRA penciled in as the 1/4 final!

Na mate - Nonu over SBW anyday.
Don't get me wrong, SBW is a great player. I rate Nonu as the best in the world at the position though. And I think SBW makes a superb bench impact player.

You're not wrong about the injury worries with Sexton and Ross. But you can say that about all the teams at the Cup. NZ with McCaw, France with Dusattoir (excuse spelling), SA with Du Preez - the list goes on.

Mine has. I think Australia will walk their way into the final. Probably going to play the all blacks there. Australia to win it!

I thought England would challenge Australia but I think they'll walk it!

Whoops ! don't forget the All Blacks are at the tournament ....

- - - Updated - - -

If you didn't like the 2011 final don't blame the All Blacks blame the ref.
What about the 2007 RWC forward pass by France ?

- - - Updated - - -

This exactely! And the last few years the wallabies have been as unpredictable as the french...

- - - Updated - - -

This is the world cup. This kind of mentality have doomed NZ many times.Ireland have the capabilities of beating the blacks... Even if they havent done it yet. There have been some pretty close calls lately so why not?

Actually no team has won more world cups than NZ and I have a sneaky feeling we will be the first to three !!!

France did not deserve to be in the 2011 finals and they lost against a talent-depleted AB's side. What does that mean? It means they played like crap.

Latest posts