• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

WHO WILL PROGRESS FROM THE 1/4s

valley commando

First XV
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Pontypridd
Wales V The Boks - Will be close my choice may be heart over head but I'm going for WALES
Oz V Scotland - This one is a no brainer, Oz look the complete package so for me its AUSTRALIA
Argentina and Ireland - Looks like Irish injuries and possible citing may turn this towards a very good ARGENTINA
France V New Zealand - France didn't turn up yesterday I think they will next weekend and punish the All Blacks who haven't looked all that yet so FRANCE

A 50/50 NH V SH semi final would be great, leaving a NH V SH Final.

The heading all in capitals really drew me to this thread...

Can actually see the SH teams getting a clean sweep here. Wales, whilst clearly having a very good shout, I can't help but feel that if you can't break down a 13-man Aussie team, you're going to struggle against the Saffers. That showed real naivety.

Ireland were favourites for me against Argentina, but the injuries and SOB's impending citing will cost them dearly. Have been impressed with Argentina's backs and if the forwards can hold off the Irish pack, I can see them scraping it. Question: Would that be considered an upset nowadays?

Seeing as the tournament is in Europe 50/50 NH and SH would certainly make it a more profitable tournament?

I have all 4 SH teams as slight favorites though- not that I expect all favorites to progress mind you. We've seen too many unexpected results already and form means nothing at this stage.

The heading all in capitals really drew me to this thread...

Can actually see the SH teams getting a clean sweep here. Wales, whilst clearly having a very good shout, I can't help but feel that if you can't break down a 13-man Aussie team, you're going to struggle against the Saffers. That showed real naivety.

Ireland were favourites for me against Argentina, but the injuries and SOB's impending citing will cost them dearly. Have been impressed with Argentina's backs and if the forwards can hold off the Irish pack, I can see them scraping it. Question: Would that be considered an upset nowadays?

There is no question that Oz, NZ and SA are the favourites at the bookies anyway and Ireland are favourites in the other game, but these are straight forward match ups now and anything can happen, the only game that is clear cut in mine and the bookies opinion is that Oz will beat the Scots, whichever way these games go we are all in for a fascinating weekend.

Latest posts