• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who will be World Player of the Year?

I was more or less agreeing with you that he shouldn't be player of the year. I said he had 3 great performances at the World Cup, which you cannot dispute. It is also a World Cup which is a totally different level to super rugby so don't tar me with casual fan crap. As I said he doesn't deserve player of the year, Pocock is a more worthy contender.

No offence to the top Argentinian posters, but lately there seems to be a whole bunch of crap ones. I like Argentinian rugby, but some of your ideals and reality of where your teams and players stand and idea's of quality are so outlandish and wrong.

I agree with you about Nonu, but Carter in the last 2 games proved his worth far more than what Pocock ever did. Poey wasn't even playing in the quarter final and was near non-existent in the final.

Once again dealt with and non-effective when it counted, thinking back to 2011 as well. Him and Cheika = overrated.

Pocock has played 5 big games: England, Wales, Fiji, Argentina and NZ.

Cheika overrated???? He took the Wallabies after their worst Spring Tour in years. After that everyone said that Australia couldn't get out of the pool of the death. Everyone said that the English scrum would destroy the Aussie scrum and Wales was going to crush them because they were closely in the last 10 games.

Not only that nothing happened about it. They beat the ABs in Sydney and won TRC. They beat one of the best side of the WC (Argentina) and was the only team which made 2 tries against the ABs.

Cheika overrated???? He took the Wallabies after their worst Spring Tour in years. After that everyone said that Australia couldn't get out of the pool of the death. Everyone said that the English scrum would destroy the Aussie scrum and Wales was going to crush them because they were closely in the last 10 games.

Not only that nothing happened about it. They beat the ABs in Sydney and won TRC. They beat one of the best side of the WC (Argentina) and was the only team which made 2 tries against the ABs.

Carter played well enough vs Argentina, France and ended up playing well in the SA game and he was awesome in the final, the final is the most important game of the season, Carter shined, Poey disappeared, Hansen also had all the answers to Cheika who relied heavily on the form of Poey, without him Aussie were a tier 2 team. Poey is a great player and an awesome talent, but Dans master class wins at the end of the day. I'd put Poey at 3rd in the IRB player rankings.

Nonu
Carter
Poey
Ben Smith
Whitelock

IMO.

I'm not surprised you still remember that incident, seeing it is the second time this week you brought that up.

Penalties against someone tackling Carter, has nothing to do with Carter.

I know that it is obvious that as of late you don't need intelligence to be a regular poster on this forum, but it's worth considering what the point of posting 4,300 posts are if what you write will be dismissed as the ramblings of an idiot.

I don't come on here for stupid memes and ridiculous hyperbole.
Conrad said nothing outrageous or offensive, it's linked to the thread, and that's a little uncalled for...

Conrad said nothing outrageous or offensive, it's linked to the thread, and that's a little uncalled for...

Posting big memes of incidents from over a year ago - as justification for a player not winning this year - has nothing to do with this thread. It's simply relying on what little knowledge of rugby he has - to make inflammatory remarks. So there was nothing uncalled. I don't care who won player of the year; but I do expect constructive posts - rather than idiotic conspiracies constantly aimed at one team.

Aussie did win the RC, but it was a shortened RC.
Did Oz have to play any RC games in the republic or in NZ?
Hmmmm...?
No, they didn't and I doubt they would have won in either place considering how close the home wins were for them. No disrespect to the Wallabies or to Cheika, the fact is the shortened RC draw played straight into their hands and the AB's were not happy about it and you can tell that in spades because a week after the 8 point loss in Sydney the AB's put 40+ points past the Wallabies at the garden of Eden. A smashing crushing defeat that the Wallabies remembered but nobody in the press here in England managed to recall. It was barely mentioned in any of the build up to the RWC but it was a crushing humiliating massive defeat. The AB's weren't happy about losing the RC because it had been shortened and the away games favoured the Aussies. They paid out on the Wallabies at Eden Park in the Bledisloe Cup game.
It wasn't close, in the same way I feel that final was never as close as some people think it was, 34-17, and the Aussies scored the bulk of their points when the AB's had a man in the bin, the rest of the time they were as quiet as a mouse, trapped in their own half under the hammer.
Cheika has done wonders with Aussie, particularly the pack. The Wallabies are super team with a glittering backline and a superb back row but they are not a patch on this AB team.
RWC trophies back to back and the first country to get three of the little mongrels in the cabinet.
The AB's would have won the RC if it was he full version and in that I have no doubt whatsoever.
I also believe the loss in Sydney served as a catalyst for the AB victories that followed.

Last edited:

Latest posts