• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Attacking UN peacekeepers puts you in the Serbs during the Bosnia war level of **** housery

Netanyahu might be mugging off his own people it's clear what his game is. This was a war of choice that he has engineered in order to save his own skin. Yes October 7th was abhorrent and warranted a serious military response but since this war has been in the public domain it's clear who has been doing most of the provocation and escalation in an attempt to raise the stakes and help achieve his broader goals of displacing Palestinians and removing the two state solution from the table. That makes me wonder what sort of terror he was authorising when the fighting with Iran's proxies (including Hamas) was taking place in the shadows pre October 7th. Hamas are scum and are also guilty of terrorist acts but it's obvious who has chosen for things to get to this stage. Yes it's war and civilians usually die in wars but this war was one of choice and engineered by a self serving evil ******. It should have and could have ended months ago through diplomacy.

Could you imagine if Boris Johnson was clinging onto power after Partygate and a load of Brits had been taken hostage by a terrorist group and he kept pulling the plug on a release deal at the last minute just to drag out a war and save his own skin? There would be a lynch mob outside Downing Street that would make the recent riots look tame. I've said it before - Netanyahu isn't interested in diplomacy and that's why he doesn't give a **** about the hostages.

Last edited:
Netanyahu might be mugging off his own people it's clear what his game is

Agree

This was a war of choice that he has engineered in order to save his own skin.

Don't really agree with this. I can see what you're saying with regards to the escalation but even though Netenyahu was/is not popular in Isreal the initial response (and maybe even this escalation but I'm not sure to be honest, not seen any polls on those) were popular amongst most Israeli's so I'm not sure the war itself was engineered in order to save his own skin. He certainly saw an opportunity and grabbed it with both hands, though.

Yes October 7th was abhorrent and deserved a serious response but since this war has been in the public domain it's clear who has been doing most of the provocation and escalation in an attempt to raise the stakes and help achieve his broader goals of displacing Palestinians and removing the two state solution from the table.

Agree

Could you imagine if Boris Johnson was clinging onto power and a load of Brits had been taken hostage by a terrorist group and he kept pulling the plug on a peace deal at the last minute just to save his own skin? There would be a lynch mob outside Downing Street that would make the recent riots look tame. I've said it before - Netanyahu isn't interested in diplomacy which shows exactly how much he cares about the hostages.

I'm not sure this maps on that well but I can see what you're saying. I'm not actually sure what the procedural steps were due with his trail and what not prior to October 7th.

Netanyahu might be mugging off his own people it's clear what his game is. This was a war of choice that he has engineered in order to save his own skin. Yes October 7th was abhorrent and warranted a serious military response but since this war has been in the public domain it's clear who has been doing most of the provocation and escalation in an attempt to raise the stakes and help achieve his broader goals of displacing Palestinians and removing the two state solution from the table. That makes me wonder what sort of terror he was authorising when the fighting with Iran's proxies (including Hamas) was taking place in the shadows pre October 7th. Hamas are scum and are also guilty of terrorist acts but it's obvious who has chosen for things to get to this stage. Yes it's war and civilians usually die in wars but this war was one of choice and engineered by a self serving evil ******. It should have and could have ended months ago through diplomacy.

Could you imagine if Boris Johnson was clinging onto power after Partygate and a load of Brits had been taken hostage by a terrorist group and he kept pulling the plug on a release deal at the last minute just to drag out a war and save his own skin? There would be a lynch mob outside Downing Street that would make the recent riots look tame. I've said it before - Netanyahu isn't interested in diplomacy and that's why he doesn't give a **** about the hostages.
How do you stop thousands of rockets and mortars being fired into Israel every year. What deal could possibly satisfy Israel, Hamas, Iran etc. After October 7th what would have been a proportionate and reasonable response by Israel.

Don't get me wrong I've no idea what the answers are to these. Clearly Israel has strayed well past proportionate and reasonable. They've escalated the situation but equally Iran will continue to stir the pot.

How do you stop thousands of rockets and mortars being fired into Israel every year. What deal could possibly satisfy Israel, Hamas, Iran etc. After October 7th what would have been a proportionate and reasonable response by Israel.

Don't get me wrong I've no idea what the answers are to these. Clearly Israel has strayed well past proportionate and reasonable. They've escalated the situation but equally Iran will continue to stir the pot.

It takes two to tango. Both sides are guilty of attacking each other. There is no good guy in this.

Regime change in both Iran and Israel is the only way to at least make a start in improving things IMO. The same old men in charge in both countries have had umpteen opportunities to find a peace settlement via diplomatic means and both regimes have failed. I know Israel is meant to be a democracy but Israelis need to wake up and smell the coffee - Netanyahu is not the answer.

Last edited: