• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

For me it's simple, it should belong to the people who live there. If they choose to be Mauritian, then that's their choice. We shouldn't at the time still have an ex-colonial power deciding who land belongs to. We've had enough wars and issues started because the UK arbitrarily decided who land belongs to.

It's 2020, all over again. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

So whilst Republicans are out there turning this natural disaster into a political attack by lying through their teeth about every aspect of it, they are simultaneously voting to block further funding intended to help the relief effort...

My blood boils at what massive ******* ***** the far right in America are. There is no redeeming feature at all, this isn't political differences any more, they people are straight up ******* evil. I know words like that get thrown around lightly but when you are blocking funding for disaster relief whilst simultaneously lying about how poor the disaster relief has been, most of which is in Republican states, there is no reasonable argument that can be made to defend such people. That is just straight up evil.

So James Cleverly lied about receiving free gifts to go to Wimbledon whilst foreign secretary. Not a peep in the media. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, other than they have now decided that Labour receiving free gifts is a huge deal.

So whilst Republicans are out there turning this natural disaster into a political attack by lying through their teeth about every aspect of it, they are simultaneously voting to block further funding intended to help the relief effort...

My blood boils at what massive ******* ***** the far right in America are. There is no redeeming feature at all, this isn't political differences any more, they people are straight up ******* evil. I know words like that get thrown around lightly but when you are blocking funding for disaster relief whilst simultaneously lying about how poor the disaster relief has been, most of which is in Republican states, there is no reasonable argument that can be made to defend such people. That is just straight up evil.

And then you'll have prominent Republicans claim that was hurricane was caused by the Democrats because they can apparently correlate the areas of most destruction with Republican voting areas.

They did the same with the Democrats border control bill. They blocked it purely so they could run an election campaign on uncontrolled immigration and even pushed this 'they're eating pets' narrative based on nothing more than a wild conspiracy theory. Imagine winning an election and claiming you have a mandate based on that.

They did the same with the Democrats border control bill. They blocked it purely so they could run an election campaign on uncontrolled immigration and even pushed this 'they're eating pets' narrative based on nothing more than a wild conspiracy theory. Imagine winning an election and claiming you have a mandate based on that.
The worst part is the sheer quantity of right wing voters with apparently zero ability to recognise bullshit who just believe this stuff instantly, then fight tooth and nail against attempts to disprove it.

I have some sympathy for people just being ignorant and getting caught out but believing a single group of migrants are eating pets!? It's a laughably **** story and yet a worryingly large segment of society have accepted it without question and nothing will change their mind. In the developed world many on the right are drifting quite rapidly into a cult like mentality and ditching any sense of reason or morality. Lies and hypocrisy are not only now accepted by actively encouraged.

It's happened here too to a slightly lesser degree and is also happening in Europe. When anyone asks how did so many European nations fall to fascism and dictatorship, what we are seeing now is how. A large segment of society who turn off their brains and whose primary driver becomes trying to harm and undermine others.

Latest posts