• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Totally right decision.

Kamala likely then. Who will be her VP? Newsom?

Totally right decision.

Kamala likely then. Who will be her VP? Newsom?
Nah. They are going to win California no matter what. It's going to be someone from mid Atlantic most likely since those are winnable swing states.

Politics are so weird in how people vote but it would take a really bad democrat for me to not vote blue.

Full endorsement of Harris

Newsom or Mayor Pete for VP?
I reckon Newsom could be their no.1 pick for next election, would he want the potential stink of a loss on him before that?

Full endorsement of Harris

Newsom or Mayor Pete for VP?
I reckon Newsom could be their no.1 pick for next election, would he want the potential stink of a loss on him before that?

That's only Joe's endorsement as I understand it. Anyone who had endorsed him to run this year is now free to back whoever they choose.

I've heard that, but my question is why?
I think it's because she's popular with many Americans. She'd certainly win many black and female votes. I think she'd be popular with the undecided voters and she's competent. Remember the presidency for many is a bit of a popularity contest. It's different to the UK where the PM is the direct leader of the party. In America, the party leadership is separate and what the party and president achieve are necessarily the same thing.

They always talk about how much presidencies age people. Biden was told when he started as VP and his four years as president have a tough four years. Getting out of the Covid recession, Russia in Ukraine, Israel in Gaza.

Nah. They are going to win California no matter what. It's going to be someone from mid Atlantic most likely since those are winnable swing states.

Politics are so weird in how people vote but it would take a really bad democrat for me to not vote blue.
Gretchen Whitmer? Imagine two
Women vs Trump/Vance and they won? Haha.

Hasn't Michele Obama always said she has no interest entering the presidential race? Would be a massive u-turn.

I think Democrats going for Kamala Harris would just be them once again showing they have learned absolutely nothing since Obama. As far as I'm aware, she is not exactly popular, has minimal presence and would largely be relying on simply not being Trump to win rather than any real appeal of her own.

Democrats need a proper leadership contest and get someone who can actually enthuse the undecided rather than banking entirely on the not-Trump vote. The Democrats current strategy of just putting whoever was close to the previous president up as the new candidate is just not getting anyone enthused at all.

I think Democrats going for Kamala Harris would just be them once again showing they have learned absolutely nothing since Obama. As far as I'm aware, she is not exactly popular, has minimal presence and would largely be relying on simply not being Trump to win rather than any real appeal of her own.

Democrats need a proper leadership contest and get someone who can actually enthuse the undecided rather than banking entirely on the not-Trump vote. The Democrats current strategy of just putting whoever was close to the previous president up as the new candidate is just not getting anyone enthused at all.
I guess their thinking is that they risk alienating the black and female vote if they don't bump her up. I agree with you, though.

Why do you think females only want to vote for a female candidate ?! I certainly wouldn't…..it depends on the abilities of the person in question and what they stand for.

Latest posts