• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Lets also remember you don't have to provide concrete proof to prove someone is lying. Just on the basis of the facts and circumstances you believe the person to have lied. Beyond Reasonable Doubt (and other terms) do no mean the person has to be caught in barefaced lie to be adjudged to have lied.

See Boris Johnson and not lying to the house. There's no evidence that he knew he was lying, no conclusive proof he decided to lie. But when weight against all the evidence its the only reasonable explanation.

There's also lying and presenting the truth differently.

Tbh if I was Labour or any other opposition party I would be constantly attacking the Conservatives morality. "No laws were broken", "No rules were broken" etc... They follow bad, corrupt rules and laws, but much of their behaviour would be completely immoral. Hell, look at the row over the Elgin marbles and cancelling the meeting with the Greek PM. Sunak refuses to actually discuss the issue and defend his views and instead acts like a coward hiding behind a 1960s law and says they have no plans to change it. I'm not saying they should or shouldn't send the marbles back, but have some kind of conviction.

There's also lying and presenting the truth differently.

Tbh if I was Labour or any other opposition party I would be constantly attacking the Conservatives morality. "No laws were broken", "No rules were broken" etc... They follow bad, corrupt rules and laws, but much of their behaviour would be completely immoral. Hell, look at the row over the Elgin marbles and cancelling the meeting with the Greek PM. Sunak refuses to actually discuss the issue and defend his views and instead acts like a coward hiding behind a 1960s law and says they have no plans to change it. I'm not saying they should or shouldn't send the marbles back, but have some kind of conviction.
Also if you're going to cancel, just cancel. Don't then offer for the person to meet your deputy. That's more of an insult in some ways.

It's pretty embarrassing we're not giving them back to the Greeks. Surely the overwhelming majority of sane, reasonable people say we should give them back.

The finders keepers losers weepers argument still being used from the days of empire is just out and out cringe.

Sunak decided to blow it up into a big deal anyway. Greece asking for them back every few years is nothing new. The British Museum and UK Governement say no. And the world continues to turn. By acting like a petulant child Sunak has just given it a megaphone it didn't need.

The last 6 seconds is the best gag

What's amazing is how it took this long. The list of lies this guy has told is incredible. So many of them are such huge yet utterly pointless ones too. He is a habitual liar, I can't understand the mentality of someone who lies for no reason.

Also laughable that Jim Jordan asks "who could be next?" https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/wor...6a11bc69d486126e940995&pinned_post_type=share

God damn if you let them hold one serial liar criminal remotely accountable, where will it stop? Mildly holding others accountable too? Says lawful subpoena avoiding Jim Jordan.

Last edited:
Like Maggie, vote for me. Scotland will be happy.
This is definitely one of those dig beneath the headline type article. But he knows what he's doing here getting headlines saying he was pro Thatcher but most outraged will read the article and find it was less pro Thatcher and more admiration that she was a lasy with "purpose". Which is a common opinion I've found in the center and center-left where they ******* hate her guts but at acknowledge she had a vision didn't **** about enacting it and wasn't really interested in who disagreed with her even if it was her own party. Doesn't excuse how she went about it or the devastation left in her wake.

You can admire someone and not agree with them.

Israeli forces are reported to be pushing into southern Gaza.

Reports from Israeli army radio effectively confirmed Israel has launched a ground operation to the north of Khan Younis.

The BBC has also verified pictures on social media which shows an Israeli tank operating near the city.

Death toll is going to significantly increase again

If true, this is shocking. The Tories have already engaged in some of the greatest invasion of privacy and rights legislation for decades and now it seems they want the power to monitor the bank accounts of anyone receiving state money (unless they are a big business of course, can't be snooping on them, only the poor). Again, even if this is for the stated purpose, it's pointless red meat to their base. It would cost more to implement than it would save and again goes after the bottom of society whilst ignoring that the biggest fraud in this country, by orders of magnitude, come from the top.

It's unbelievable the contempt to which the Tories hold the peasantry, to the extent they think they should be allowed to monitor and punish them for all aspects of their lives.

It's hard not to laugh when you see James Cleverly stand up in the HoC and unleash phrases like "enough is enough" as if someone else created the problem of record high net migration and that the Tories are the knights in shining armour to solve it all. Utterly laughable. Just a pathetic attempt to give their base a pre election semi by once again portraying foreigners as the enemy.

They seem to overlook the fact that the economy relies on targeted migration to satisfy skills shortages. It'll be a matter of time before care homes are in deep **** because of a lack of staff while very few Brits have any interest in filling these vacancies. Still, as long as their base and the EDL are happy.

Latest posts