• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

It's hard not to laugh when you see James Cleverly stand up in the HoC and unleash phrases like "enough is enough" as if someone else created the problem of record high net migration and that the Tories are the knights in shining armour to solve it all. Utterly laughable. Just a pathetic attempt to give their base a pre election semi by once again portraying foreigners as the enemy.

They seem to overlook the fact that the economy relies on targeted migration to satisfy skills shortages. It'll be a matter of time before care homes are in deep **** because of a lack of staff while very few Brits have any interest in filling these vacancies. Still, as long as their base and the EDL are happy.
Social care in this country is a mess. With an ageing population it's going to get worse. The few elderly people i know in care homes were looked after appallingly.

The pay is appallingly low making retention of staff worse. I would certainly be in favour of staff being paid more making the work more attractive. Care homes run as businesses are definitely exploiting low paid, low skilled and often foreign labour. Better pay is one solution, how that is funded, and who pays is a separate arguement.

Migration is an issue, however the sh*t care system for the elderly is worse.

Social care in this country is a mess. With an ageing population it's going to get worse. The few elderly people i know in care homes were looked after appallingly.

The pay is appallingly low making retention of staff worse. I would certainly be in favour of staff being paid more making the work more attractive. Care homes run as businesses are definitely exploiting low paid, low skilled and often foreign labour. Better pay is one solution, how that is funded, and who pays is a separate arguement.

Migration is an issue, however the sh*t care system for the elderly is worse.
Tbh it's an issue no party has an answer to. We have people living longer, but needing more care. People aren't working for longer really and the pensions were not designed for more people living longer. On top, the NHS has to treat the elderly more and they often need longer term treatment or have no where to go and so take up bed space, time and resources. Ultimately, it seems like the whole system needs completely reworking, but no party will actually say or do it publicly because it's either incredibly unpopular or too big a risk. So like most of the time, they just tinker about and kick the can down the road.

Pretty sick.
I'm pretty sure there's been reports that Israel were told of the attack several days, or even weeks ahead of it happening.

Reports that blueprints produced which highlighted how Hamas would attack.

Probably isn't a fat jump that some people would try and gain financially if they had heard it could happen.

Sad reality. Look at how loads of the Pro-Brexit leaders and cheerleaders gained significant amounts of money on the fall of the British Pound after the Referendum result.

Sad reality. Look at how loads of the Pro-Brexit leaders and cheerleaders gained significant amounts of money on the fall of the British Pound after the Referendum result.

Same thing happened after Truss and Kwarteng's mini budget. The pound plummeted.

There really needs to be better governance and harsher penalties on what is essentially insider trading on a ministerial level.

I'm pretty sure there's been reports that Israel were told of the attack several days, or even weeks ahead of it happening.

Reports that blueprints produced which highlighted how Hamas would attack.

Probably isn't a fat jump that some people would try and gain financially if they had heard it could happen.

Depending on the news source possible links with hamas and trading are also coming to light. It would seem at the time moment there's little known if Hamas or Israeli citizens benefited from this.

Still a pretty big stretch to equal profiteering on brexit to profiteering on the slaughter, rape and murder of people.

Last edited:

If ever any more evidence was needed that this twat should never have been anywhere near a position of power.

I'm going to have the enquiry on in the background today and so will be interested to hear what he has to say for himself.

I really hope the people who put him in power learn from this and know how important it is to have the right people running the country. The pandemic has proved that lives depend on it. It's not about having 'electoral stardust' and BS'ing your way through election campaigns with lies and false promises. I'm not pro Tory or pro Labour for that matter. I don't really care about charisma. I just want whoever is running the country to be sincere, competent, have good leadership skills, to work in the national interest and to behave with integrity.

Last edited:

If ever any more evidence was needed that this twat should never have been anywhere near a position of power.
Britain's security services were spared their biggest debacle on Dutch soil since Operation Market Garden
I'm not sure what the lead singer from A-Ha has to do with it, but I'm fairly sure he was Norwegian.

Stuff like this has been going on for years and was happening before the current conflict. It was rarely reported as it was continuous little bits here and there. Not a single large attack but just constant harassment, violence, destruction and forced displacement of Arab people near illegal Israeli settlements. Is this not terrorism? Is this not backed by the state of Israel? Does this not mean Israel is a state funder of terrorism?

Stuff like this has been going on for years and was happening before the current conflict. It was rarely reported as it was continuous little bits here and there. Not a single large attack but just constant harassment, violence, destruction and forced displacement of Arab people near illegal Israeli settlements. Is this not terrorism? Is this not backed by the state of Israel? Does this not mean Israel is a state funder of terrorism?
- Yes
- Yes
- Yes

Seems it is going to kick off in Westminster tonight with the Rwanda legislation going through currently

Last edited:
Imagine how much better social care would be if the Government put as much effort, energy and resources into that as they do into Rwanda and the boats. Everything else like health, education etc. is starting to feel like a sideshow. Braverman's leadership bid seems to be trumping everything else.

Imagine how much better social care would be if the Government put as much effort, energy and resources into that as they do into Rwanda and the boats. Everything else like health, education etc. is starting to feel like a sideshow. Braverman's leadership bid seems to be trumping everything else.
Imagine how much our immigration and refugee process would be if they spent it working on solutions which might actually work! rather than pressuring for this red meat policy.

Latest posts