• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] Wales vs Scotland - 03/02/24

Who do you want to see play 15?
Noone in this squad lol...

Adam's is the only real option, and that's just because Grady has got a small bit of form, so we have wing cover.

Cairo Evan's and Tom Roger's are awful players right now, for club and country.

Scotland will win by 20, after a tough 50 mins or so, the uncapped dross will come off the Welsh bench for a SA pre RWC style dribbling IMHO.

Scotland will win by 20, after a tough 50 mins or so, the uncapped dross will come off the Welsh bench for a SA pre RWC style dribbling IMHO.
I don't care about how many, just that Scotland get a BP win, preferably denying Wales a BP loss

Noone in this squad lol...

Adam's is the only real option, and that's just because Grady has got a small bit of form, so we have wing cover.

Cairo Evan's and Tom Roger's are awful players right now, for club and country.
I actually like Rogers and think there's a player there but you know what, I just looked at his age thinking he was 22, 23 tops and he's 25 so no spring chicken anymore.

I think he's been used as a wing when he clearly isn't one. Definitely reminds me of a young Liam Williams and I'd have him as Winnets understudy moving forward but he does have to kick on

I actually like Rogers and think there's a player there but you know what, I just looked at his age thinking he was 22, 23 tops and he's 25 so no spring chicken anymore.

I think he's been used as a wing when he clearly isn't one. Definitely reminds me of a young Liam Williams and I'd have him as Winnets understudy moving forward but he does have to kick on
I know, I expected Roger's to be 21 last year when he got picked lol. It makes leaving Owen Lane out even more crazy, or even not throwing yourself at Feyi!

Winnet is benefitting from game time this season, it's probably a year early, and hed benefit from being eased in behind a better 15, I like him but he offers little in attack, and is poor under a high ball, defensively slack, and panics a bit. All attributes a young 15 have tbf to him.

For a 25 year old average clubman to back him up, I mean what's the point?

Very true, to be exact the last time Scotland won at the Millenium Stadium some of the team were a twinkle in there Daddy's eye.
No, the youngest, Harry Paterson, was born in jun 2001

I know, I expected Roger's to be 21 last year when he got picked lol. It makes leaving Owen Lane out even more crazy, or even not throwing yourself at Feyi!

Winnet is benefitting from game time this season, it's probably a year early, and hed benefit from being eased in behind a better 15, I like him but he offers little in attack, and is poor under a high ball, defensively slack, and panics a bit. All attributes a young 15 have tbf to him.

For a 25 year old average clubman to back him up, I mean what's the point?
Amazing how two people can watch the same players and see something completely different! Imo Winnet looks remarkably assured for a fullback so young. He's shown glimpses in attack for Cardiff, both as a runner and distributor + he looked lethal at times for the U20's last year. His aerial ability is excellent, really assured. Defensively he's still learning, he can miss the odd one on one tackle, but his positioning is superb which is very encouraging. His kicking from hand is also excellent. If he wasn't injured, I'd be starting him on Sat.

I think you need to start looking for the positives in life 😉

Amazing how two people can watch the same players and see something completely different! Imo Winnet looks remarkably assured for a fullback so young. He's shown glimpses in attack for Cardiff, both as a runner and distributor + he looked lethal at times for the U20's last year. His aerial ability is excellent, really assured. Defensively he's still learning, he can miss the odd one on one tackle, but his positioning is superb which is very encouraging. His kicking from hand is also excellent. If he wasn't injured, I'd be starting him on Sat.

I think you need to start looking for the positives in life 😉
Coming from someone who sits 30 yards from him every other week, this is inaccurate. But like I said, the performance base is there, he just isnt ready. Hes a lesser Liam William's, and that's no bad thing at his age. But he is his age.

Hes in the similar stage as Mann, Mann also ripped it up at U20's, and hes got lots of potential, but he also is not ready.

Talk is Winnet is going to start. Apparently he's trained this week so his broken jaw has healed well. Goes to show how highly Gatland must rate him to put him straight in after an injury like that for a kid.

I assume Rowlands is injured. FFS. Also annoying North didn't pull through. Can't lie don't like the look of that team at all really. I'll join @dirty harry ranks and say we'll lose this comfortably.

Wales: 15. Cameron Winnett, 14. Josh Adams, 13. Owen Watkin, 12. Nick Tompkins 11. Rio Dyer, 10. Sam Costelow 9. Gareth Davies; 1. Corey Domachowski, 2. Ryan Elias, 3. Leon Brown, 4. Adam Beard, 5. Dafydd Jenkins (c), 6. James Botham, 7. Tommy Reffell, 8. Aaron Wainwright

Replacements: 16. Elliot Dee, 17. Kemsley Mathias, 18. Keiron Assiratti, 19. Teddy Williams, 20. Alex Mann, 21. Tomos Williams, 22. Ioan Lloyd 23. Mason Grady

I assume Rowlands is injured. FFS. Also annoying North didn't pull through. Can't lie don't like the look of that team at all really. I'll join @dirty harry ranks and say we'll lose this comfortably.

Wales: 15. Cameron Winnett, 14. Josh Adams, 13. Owen Watkin, 12. Nick Tompkins 11. Rio Dyer, 10. Sam Costelow 9. Gareth Davies; 1. Corey Domachowski, 2. Ryan Elias, 3. Leon Brown, 4. Adam Beard, 5. Dafydd Jenkins (c), 6. James Botham, 7. Tommy Reffell, 8. Aaron Wainwright

Replacements: 16. Elliot Dee, 17. Kemsley Mathias, 18. Keiron Assiratti, 19. Teddy Williams, 20. Alex Mann, 21. Tomos Williams, 22. Ioan Lloyd 23. Mason Grady

Yeah that's pretty underwhelming.

Big pressure on Jenkins. Irrespective of what he's done recently at Chiefs he's still very young and inexperienced. As recently as the RWC he was only getting cameos off the bench.

If things start going wrong there aren't many wise old heads to get them back on track.

Yeah that's pretty underwhelming.

Big pressure on Jenkins. Irrespective of what he's done recently at Chiefs he's still very young and inexperienced. As recently as the RWC he was only getting cameos off the bench.

If things start going wrong there aren't many wise old heads to get them back on track.
The forward options in the bench. Jesus. I was hoping for Brown and Domachoski on the bench but got Mathias (who I'm not a fan of tbh) and I like Mann and Teddy Williams as prospects but as you rightly say zero experience there. Oh well. Hopefully we can put together 20/30 mins of some half decent rugby and keep the loss within 15 points but I'm doubtful on both counts.

Latest posts