• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] Italy vs England - 03/02/24

In many ways I'd prefer to see Earl at flanker but he went very well at 8 in the RWC so let's keep him there for now for a smidge of continuity. BTW I think he's pretty good in heavy traffic using footwork and leg drive rather than trying to outmuscle.

Pearson and Underhill on the flanks for me. Pearson's not lock sized but he's a big enough unit for a decent line out option. Don't really care what numbers they have on shirts - those 2 could go left and right. If Underhill's not quite there then B Curry with Pearson at 6.

Coles I'd need to see more of (obvs in form now but previously I've never really thought more than "fine"), same with Roots. Dombrandt I think just has to wait his turn. CCS is a work in progress, but there's a very high ceiling there and even though he's not yet the next cab off the rank yet, I wouldn't be upset to see him given a run from the bench (don't think it will happen).

Of course Chessum will be at 6, with Ewels in the row 😀. Can't say that's my fantasy line up but I'm not quite as down on Ewels as some and he does seem to be in good form after a very nasty injury.

The sooner people accept that it'll be Roots at 6 the less they'll be disappointed when it's announced.

Surely it doesnt mean Steward on the wing....?

I might have to hand back my SB fan club badge....

In many ways I'd prefer to see Earl at flanker but he went very well at 8 in the RWC so let's keep him there for now for a smidge of continuity. BTW I think he's pretty good in heavy traffic using footwork and leg drive rather than trying to outmuscle.

Pearson and Underhill on the flanks for me. Pearson's not lock sized but he's a big enough unit for a decent line out option. Don't really care what numbers they have on shirts - those 2 could go left and right. If Underhill's not quite there then B Curry with Pearson at 6.

Coles I'd need to see more of (obvs in form now but previously I've never really thought more than "fine"), same with Roots. Dombrandt I think just has to wait his turn. CCS is a work in progress, but there's a very high ceiling there and even though he's not yet the next cab off the rank yet, I wouldn't be upset to see him given a run from the bench (don't think it will happen).

Of course Chessum will be at 6, with Ewels in the row 😀. Can't say that's my fantasy line up but I'm not quite as down on Ewels as some and he does seem to be in good form after a very nasty injury.
An Earl, Pearson and Underhill offers so much...both in attack,. defence and breakdown etc...be very happy with that.

Why are so many talking about moving Steward from FB? Surely not!!!
Because it's Borthwick

We ended the bronze final with
9. Care, 10. Ford, 11. Marchant, 12. Farrell, 13. Lawrence, 14. Steward, 15. M.Smith
3 flyhalves, no wingers, 2 centres (one on the wing), 1 fullback (on the wing)

Bet he loved that, the sick freak

Genge, Blamire, Stuart
Coles, Ewels
Roots, CCS, Dombrandt
Care, Ford
Daly, Slade*, Freeman**, Steward,
Furbank

* only specifically at 12, he's never really gone well there before
**only specifically at 13, just cause he's so green there

Genge, Blamire, Stuart
Coles, Ewels
Roots, CCS, Dombrandt
Care, Ford
Furbank

**only specifically at 13, just cause he's so green there😂
By default he'll have to pic one or two players we like, out of position of course 😭

Because it's Borthwick

We ended the bronze final with
9. Care, 10. Ford, 11. Marchant, 12. Farrell, 13. Lawrence, 14. Steward, 15. M.Smith
3 flyhalves, no wingers, 2 centres (one on the wing), 1 fullback (on the wing)

Bet he loved that, the sick freak
I mean that's the bronze final, and the pressure for M Smith at 15 was ludicrous from the media and fans FFS.

Of this England lineup, 15 is as locked in as any other position! Surely!

Genge, Blamire, Stuart
Coles, Ewels
Roots, CCS, Dombrandt
Care, Ford
Furbank

**only specifically at 13, just cause he's so green there
I actually wouldnt have a problem with those funnily enough...

I'm just subscribing to the mentally of if I don't get my Hope's up, I can't be disappointed. I'm fully prepared for another 4 years of chaos and confusion, coaching changes, poor selections and the continual promise that the 'attack' is coming.

I'm just subscribing to the mentally of if I don't get my Hope's up, I can't be disappointed. I'm fully prepared for another 4 years of chaos and confusion, coaching changes, poor selections and the continual promise that the 'attack' is coming.
Place your bets on what will come first, our attack or nuclear fusion.

Is Ford actually fit? I read he had a medial tear or strain in his knee..hence why he wasnt doing kicking duties for Sale..is that right?

Is Ford actually fit? I read he had a medial tear or strain in his knee..hence why he wasnt doing kicking duties for Sale..is that right?
He's played for Sale since that injury, so think so - was getting injections in his knee, but that was a few weeks ago now (missed the trip to South Africa to stay behind for them)

Latest posts