• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] England vs Ireland - 09/03/24

Red card tomorrow or can England contain their aggression (and also perform)? 2020 was the last time this fixture didn't have a red and it's 3-1 England.

In the equivalent fixture two years ago, it was a red card that woke England up from their torpor and set them on a path to getting close* to pulling of an astounding win from being a man down almost the whole game.

I just hope that this one could be half as tense.

(*depends on your point of view. I'm sure that Heaslip was quietly confident that Ireland could easily hold England at arms length while they punched themselves out, but the whole of Twickenham were on their feet and screaming)

Peter O'Mahoney says Ireland have been preparing to face Dickson at scrum half for England. Has Borthwick gone and picked another scrum half that wasn't even in the original squad??!

England will probably hold on till about 60 mins only for Ireland to finish the job in the last quarter. Ireland v England games have a tendancy to be a bit of a damp squib over the past few years

Peter O'Mahoney says Ireland have been preparing to face Dickson at scrum half for England. Has Borthwick gone and picked another scrum half that wasn't even in the original squad??!
Shithousing before kickoff, the natural progression for POM really

When he retires he'll pop up in the bath post match all "ey yeez ****, didja see how mah man ****** yas all at that ruck like" just like Pennywise

He's been good, better than he has been, but great's overstating it. He's not influencing games as he did when he first came on the scene and he's not been in MoM discussions.

The interesting point in the Times this morning that he's not really developed his game over time did chime.
He seems to be stuck between too styles.
He is too slow for 6, but does a lot of similar work, then does not offer enough in the ball carrying department.

1000012482.png

Late change for England. Maro Itojo into the starting XV out of nowhere.

this is the type of game borthwick England wins while looking inept for every game surrounding it

I really don't know what to think of this team; it's not far off the one I'd like to see picked (queries about 10 and the back row notwithstanding.) I'd like to see them do well, but I fear we're now getting close to 'all the right players, but playing entirely the wrong system' point.

I was heartened that Sniff Bostik has said thathe wants IFW "to get the ball in your hands as many times as possible." I hope he doesn't mean "by counting tap backs off kick chases" and I hope he doesn't drop him if IFW appears at first receiver, meaning we go two passes before a kick.

Ireland by about 20.

Latest posts