• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2024/25 Pool Draws

Investec Champions Cup Pools 2024/25
Pool 1: Stade Toulousain, Union Bordeaux Bègles, Hollywoodbets Sharks, Exeter Chiefs, Leicester Tigers, Ulster Rugby

Pool 2: Leinster Rugby, ASM Clermont Auvergne, Stade Rochelais, Bristol Bears, Benetton Rugby, Bath Rugby

Pool 3: Northampton Saints, Munster Rugby, Vodacom Bulls, Stade Français Paris, Saracens, Castres Olympique

Pool 4: Glasgow Warriors, Racing 92, Sale Sharks, DHL Stormers, RC Toulon, Harlequins

EPCR Challenge Cup Pools 2024/25
Pool 1: Cardiff Rugby, Connacht Rugby, Toyota Cheetahs, USAP, Lyon Olympique Universitaire, Zebre Parma

Pool 2: Montpellier Hérault Rugby, Section Paloise, Newcastle Falcons, Dragons RFC, Emirates Lions, Ospreys

Pool 3: RC Vannes, Black Lion, Aviron Bayonnais, Scarlets, Edinburgh Rugby, Gloucester Rugby

I can't even remember how the pools work - do you play everyone in your pool but it's a toss up as to whether that's home or away?

I can't even remember how the pools work - do you play everyone in your pool but it's a toss up as to whether that's home or away?
Everyone once that isn't on the same league and 4 of 6 go through if I remember correctly. With the exception of winning every game with a bp and getting a top 2 seed there's little enough difference between winning 2 and 4 games.

Stupid format, but TF we don't have any South Africans in our group; means I can be merely disinterested rather than actively boycotting.
An interesting point that was brought up by Will Greenwood and he had a point. Irish/Scottish teams have a slight advantage as we can't be drawn with South Africans. So we will never be impacted by travel.

What a joke
I never even noticed that until now. I thought last year that Leinster had a possibility of going to South Africa in pools but ended up away to La Rochelle. But well yeah.

Great to have our Honourary Europeans looking after us. In fairness we still have to go outside Europe to yourselves 😂

I never even really considered it before, it really is a kick in the ***s - Ireland force it on us and then we have to pay for it despite Ireland rolling in cash compared to the Prem

Said it before but Rob Baxter said that having an away game to South Africa in Europe means you lose money on your whole European campaign, because margins are so fine and SA travel/accommodation (and presumably increased insurance?) is so high

I never even really considered it before, it really is a kick in the ***s - Ireland force it on us and then we have to pay for it despite Ireland rolling in cash compared to the Prem

Said it before but Rob Baxter said that having an away game to South Africa in Europe means you lose money on your whole European campaign, because margins are so fine and SA travel/accommodation (and presumably increased insurance?) is so high
In fairness it only Leinster rolling in it as they get all their players for free (awaiting @Leonormous Boozer to come now :D)

But Baxter has a point. Also BT have yet to confirm they will be on board but is expected but mumblings are there could be a few new kick off times.

All fall out from the PRL and LNR power grab.

Latest posts