• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Cobus Reinach: Sharks --> Northampton

Good player, but not convinced Groom is where their problems lie.

No, but having two quality scrummies is never a bad thing. I mean, they could have just renewed Kahn's contract, but whatever.

And Saints solved their problems by hiring Phil Dowson to coach/play with the guys who aren't getting first team game time. Particularly after claiming to have had reviewed CVs for attack coaches from all over the world, too.

Curry brothers have signed 5 (!) year contracts at Sale

Should be ready for when Haskell and Johnson retire then

Wallaby second row... This has yet to go well, hopefully Fardy bucks the trend.

Strange thing is he's naturally a 6 so it'll be interesting. 1 thing I will say is he is 1 of toughest nuts I've seen around.
Probably adds to rumours of Leavy to us but more so Ruddock to Ulster

Has Consn signed a new deal yet?

Yeh I never considered Fardy as a lock-lock really, more like a 6 that happens to be able to cover lock.

Last edited:
Could be he simply be there for cover during international windows? Only on 39 caps so won't be eligible to play for Oz

He has to be lock. Signing was sanctioned on condition he played there. So he is not blocking Irish guys. Great for us as we seem to be able to sign Taute on 2 year deal now too. We were worried we couldn't replace NIQ 13 with another but now we getting word we may be able.
Also anyone want to check out Chris Farrell interview on 42.ie.
Seems Schmidt is eager to get him home too

Madigan to Bristol confirmed on 3 year deal.

Wanted to come home and Leinster Connacht and Ulster all said no. Munster didn't enter as they tried last year.

1.5m for three years in Bristol? I suppose for a good 10, an 87% place kicker who won't play internationals it makes sense, valuable commodity.

That championship team next season.........

Feel for the clubs that will play against them.

True - and with the new automatic promotion coming in, you'd think they will splash a load of cash mid-season too.

You'd think Madigan suits Lam style down to tee though.
Like a 7s playmaker.

Latest posts