• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] Wales vs Italy (19/03/22)

Definitely don't think Wales played awful. Not good, but not so awful that it explains the result. Italy played fantastically and if anyone (not suggesting anyone here in particular) says that Wales lost because they played badly are being disrespectful to Italy.

Definitely don't think Wales played awful. Not good, but not so awful that it explains the result. Italy played fantastically and if anyone (not suggesting anyone here in particular) says that Wales lost because they played badly are being disrespectful to Italy.
I don't think you can say it was a good team performance and I don't think that disrespects Italy at all to be honest. As I say, though, Individually I think we were pretty good and for sure Italy played well and deserved their win but it can also be true that the Welsh team performance wasn't good.

I don't think you can say it was a good team performance and I don't think that disrespects Italy at all to be honest. As I say, though, Individually I think we were pretty good and for sure Italy played well and deserved their win but it can also be true that the Welsh team performance wasn't good.
Yeah the issue did seem to be mainly structural rather than individual. Couple of knock ons early on but after that there didn't seem to be any kind of attacking structure.

Possibly an issue of complacency (and tbf that would be fair enough, other teams have repeatedly put Italy away even when playing badly). Picking AWJ was probably partly so he could get the 150th cap in a winnable game in Cardiff rather than away to SA over the summer, and the attack looked like it was built on the assumption Italy would fail to have a competent defence (again, maybe not unreasonable)

Latest posts