• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] Italy vs England (13/02/22)

Mostly sunny
17°C°F
Precipitation: 1%
Humidity: 50%
Wind: 2 mph
Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Sunday 14:00
Mostly sunny

Looks like a good day for some good Rugby.

England weren't hard done by last week, but we made mistakes but for once we dominated possession and kept the ball more, sadly we picked a couple of wrong combos and tactics for that, but we were otherwise solid.

Italy look better, think they will score a try at least, but England by 20+

Looks like a good day for some good Rugby.

England weren't hard done by last week, but we made mistakes but for once we dominated possession and kept the ball more, sadly we picked a couple of wrong combos and tactics for that, but we were otherwise solid.

Italy look better, think they will score a try at least, but England by 20+
I bloody hope so Marky. I'm off to Twickers in 2 weeks and want to be heading there with a comfortable victory today :D

Anyone else favour re rolling the fixture list at some point? It feels a bit weird that until the end of time, we'll always be playing away to Wales and ireland in the same year, and always at home to Scotland and France same year (and vice versa). It's not like it's a big deal but it gets kind of old and I think it's mattered more this last decade because Wales and Ireland have been the best teams and Scotland/France a bit meh

I bloody hope so Marky. I'm off to Twickers in 2 weeks and want to be heading there with a comfortable victory today :D
Oh yes Tommi! Never been to an England Wales game and to get a victory over them in 2 weeks then really builds up the rest of the 6N :) :)

Always my concern. Plays very well, but does not score enough points. Obviously his Premiership team has spent the majority of his career set up to focus on scoring points with forwards from less than 5 yards out so his role within the team has not been primarily as a strike weapon. However I don't see anything that says he will be an effective scorer of points at test level
Given the opportunity he's as good a finisher as anyone.
Apparently he's got a deal going with SSimmonds regarding try scoring.

I think Randall needs a big game today despite his youth....he for me is the least developed of the new 9s coming through and a bad performance against Italy could put him right out of contention going forward...

I turned over just as SCW was saying "Smith's the best FH in rugby since Jonny"

I switched back to the Simpsons.
Think he was saying best English fly half, not fly half in the world. Still a bit of a stretch though

Think he was saying best English fly half, not fly half in the world. Still a bit of a stretch though
I may easily have missed nuance after switching away.

Currently, he's not the best FH in the match-day 23.
He's got the potential and may well become the best English FH including Jonny, or even the best FH including Jonny, Dan and Bary, but he isn't there yet.

I think Randall needs a big game today despite his youth
Randalls not that young, in the context of the squad - Isiekwe, Curry, Smith, Steward, Chessum all younger

I do hope he has a big game, though
Though it would probably mean Raffi doesn't get a look in before the RWC (it's gonna be Youngs plus another), even though Raffi has a higher ceiling/better skillset - would much rather Randall starting than Youngs, and Randall messing up today would justify EJs obsession with Youngs

I think Randall needs a big game today despite his youth....he for me is the least developed of the new 9s coming through and a bad performance against Italy could put him right out of contention going forward...
It's a shame as Randall should have been in 21for the last couple of years and getting plenty of game time while Quirke comes through (or another identified young 9). Totally where EJ has ballsed it up

I turned over just as SCW was saying "Smith's the best FH in rugby since Jonny"

I switched back to the Simpsons.
I just instead watched Quins lose to Sarries while wishing they had the best FH since Jonny ;)

I didnt actually realize Randall was 24....well I stand by the comment...a bad game and he goes behind some very talented 9s coming through

Latest posts