• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] Ireland vs Italy (27/02/22)

Completely uninterested in this now. This helps no one.

I don't understand why it's not still 14. I thought they'd bring a prop on for another player, I have no idea why it's down to 13 in terms of logic…
Supposedly it's to stop teams getting uncontested scrums by claiming two front rows are injured. But its complete ******** whoever came up with it.

The idea is meant to be because you're forcing uncontested scrums. Have seen it happen once at club level but yeah not mad on it. Especially at pro level.

I think it's more of a weird interplay of laws here though. I think it was to stop teams who are getting mullered in the scrums just faking injuries until they get uncontested scrums and having an extra back row on the pitch.
IIRC it was brought in explicitly to address the Wasps habit of suffering an "injury" in the front row every time they were losing the scrums.

I've seen it enforced a few times at club level, but usually it's a succession of yellow cards, or a genuine accumulation of injuries in the closing minutes.

Think Lowry has "cleared" about 6 rucks already. Really is 0 point in playing him if you're not getting him the ball as much as possible.

The idea is meant to be because you're forcing uncontested scrums. Have seen it happen once at club level but yeah not mad on it. Especially at pro level.

I think it's more of a weird interplay of laws here though. I think it was to stop teams who are getting mullered in the scrums just faking injuries until they get uncontested scrums and having an extra back row on the pitch.
I get it just thought having to bring on a front row player or you go down to 13 would be the option even if it is uncontested. It just seams ridiculous otherwise.

That is a nonsense rule. How on earth do you come up with that.
Because one team kept on doing it, to the point that fans were holding sweepstakes on when it would happen, including a few knock-out matches won on the back of the tactic.

1645976365708.png

Let's do away with scrum blight on our bloody game. This all stems for how players play it from penalties rather than restarts and rather than fix the actual problem they've broken a completely diffrent part.

I'd take Furlong off at half time and wrap him in cotton wool for the England game. All subs with the exception of Sexton on by 60 minutes. This is not what Ireland need.

'I guess I'll have a look at how the 6N is going, maybe Italy are making a fist of it'

1645976621577.png

Ok, nvm

Ireland have their bonus point now, the rest of the game is meaningless with 13 v 15

I guess this makes a bit more sense without the context of a red card. The card on top of it just makes the situation so **** for everyone.

Watch Ireland by extremely sloppy for the rest of the game now
It compounding the card that's the issue. Especially when the injured guy had a clear injury, and the red card could of mitigated to yellow on another day.

You want to stop teams saying both players are injured not punished them further for player idiocy further than it should.

Latest posts