• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] France vs England (19/03/22)

This while team selection is just wrong, not saying we would win with an optimal 15 but we going to get a pasting tonight.

Some said this was a team picked to stop France winning the GS. Well that ain't happening.

Honestly struggling to think of a positive...

Maybe Underhill has made some good tackles and Marchant has run some good lines. Steward has taken a few good ones in the air. That's about it.

Playing a 15 at wing isn't working shock
1647723112256.png

As a team that hasn't looked like scoring a try the entire tournament (excluding vs Italy) a 12 lead is massive to try and pull back

What about a really slow fullback on one wing and a fullback that can't tackle on the other, with one that shat the bed last time he played at fullback - guaranteed success

ooh - plus a scrumhalf that was **** 20 caps ago
20? Try 50.

I thought he did commit Danty which made him turn his shoulders inward which created the space for Furbank.
Just watched it back - he gets the ball with 2 Frenchmen and 3 Englishmen outside him; + 1 Frenchman in front of him, and 1 Frenchman and 1 Englishman inside him
2 of the Englishmen are calling for the ball to go wide.

He crabs across, and admittedly keeps 2 of the Frenchmen interested in him; but neither actually commit.

Pretty sure that's Furbank and Marchant calling for the ball, and Steward in support, with Youngs on his inside shoulder

I don't really mean to criticise here, it's on our own 22 after all; but I don't get him lauded for doing nothing much there.

IMG_20220319_205547_1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts