• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] France vs England (19/03/22)

You can't compare Dombrandt with Curry on the grounds of experience alone. Curry is totally used to the speed, rhythms and higher demands of international rugby and has started virtually every game he's played. Dombrandt isn't and hasn't. Irrespective of player calibre that's a massive difference.

Of the 5 you mention I'd discount Curry as he's a 7 and Barbeary until he sorts out his D.

I'd add T Willis but then that's 6 names in the mix which kind of sums things up.

FWIW my £5 is on Binny being our 8 in France.
Tbf to Binny he has looked better this season than he has for some time, whilst His drop in form was obvious it probably isn't helped by shockingly slow ruck ball, wouldn't be adverse to giving him a little time in the AIs see if being left out has increased his appetite paired with a snappier SH, it's not like anyone else has really put their hands up, I'd probably consider T Willis as well but unless your going to give him descent game time in the AIs & next years 6 Nations forget it, can't just parachute someone in on little to no game time.

We really actually need to give Dombrant a run of games first. We should have starred him at 8 for all the games and let him settle into his first proper caps rather than messing him around this 6 nations.

Latest posts