• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] England vs Ireland (12/03/22)

I thought the word on Lawes was he'd dropped weight and hasn't played at lock for ages? Didn't seem like it today.
I mean both of those things are facts, tbf
He played much better at lock than I expected tbf

Noticed how we lost the game when Marler came on....
This but unironically, he was poor off the bench - and I'm a big Marler stan

So all we really learned today is that the Irish scrum is ****, 7 Forwards and a wing can grind plenty of pens out of it.

Rob Baxter
Pat Sanderson
Steve Borthwick
George Skivington

There is so much quality coaching talent in the Premiership and I believe are able to do far better than "i cant make my mind up" fast Eddie

Holy inexperianced Head coaches batman
Literally none of those coaches have been a head coach outside their current set ups.

Literally none of those coaches have been a head coach outside their current set ups.
Dimes coached Russia to their first ever world cup

If these sensitive flowers of international sport think EJ is a shithouse they ain't seen nothing yet

The red card obviously had a massive impact on the result but as an Irish fan who has spent a lot of years watching Ireland struggle to turn possession into tries it's heartwarming to see our side convert opportunities Into large point totals, even if it's against 14 men. This side is almost the antithesis of the Schmidt side, who relied on perfect implementation of the gameplan to get wins, whereas this sides capacity to score tries means they can still have a chance even if they're not at their best. In Paris we put 3 tries on France in a match in which we got pounded by 15 men.

Englands pack resources will always make them a top side, but quite honestly their backs are clueless, and having watched a lot of Premiership rugby this year and seeing a lot of quality back play it's incomprehensible that they find themselves in this position.

Correct.....but Eddie Jones has plenty of international experience...yet look at what we are seeing now. Woodward won a world cup (and I love the guy)...yet followed it up with "that" Lions tour to NZ. Its easy to look towards coaches like Gatland who of course deserve huge praise, but it is also massively important to talent spot. Not every potential coach can make it, yet equally if some are not given the chance how will we ever know?

Assuming England lose to France 4 wins in 10 6N games in 2 years, with the team going backwards. Do anyone actually think the RFU will actually do anything about it, I think he stays.

Some player observations. If Eddie had a pair of eyes Ewels wouldn't of started...just saying

Genge by far and away his best game for England ...shredded Furlong who looked off colour not sure if fully fit ?

Itoje, can we finally put to bed all this nonsense of not been world class ?

Simmonds had a great game in defence. His overall game has really improved this last 12 months

Slade and Marchant looked good in defence. Nice balance of passing
Malins not an international class winger

Steward..had a poor game but has been average all tournament. Needs to do more than be safe under high ball

Eddie , this will prolong his tenure no doubt We will loose next week as France will score tries and we look completely blunt in attack. The pack can be dominant and still loose

Correct.....but Eddie Jones has plenty of international experience...yet look at what we are seeing now. Woodward won a world cup (and I love the guy)...yet followed it up with "that" Lions tour to NZ. Its easy to look towards coaches like Gatland who of course deserve huge praise, but it is also massively important to talent spot. Not every potential coach can make it, yet equally if some are not given the chance how will we ever know?

LOL
It's the England job it isn't a development spot....

Clive woodward really benefitted as it was a time when the game was on the edge of going properly pro and he was the first to take a rugby team to that level.

LOL
It's the England job it isn't a development spot....

Clive woodward really benefitted as it was a time when the game was on the edge of going properly pro and he was the first to take a rugby team to that level.
Regardless he manage to do what no other coach has managed in the Northern hemisphere.

Annoying how it's turned into a free hit for Jones because of the red. I want him gone.
For me the big question is where the heck has that intensity and passion been? Down to 14, Curry barely registered, only half a Sinckler, an alleged lightweight in the row and that's before you think of Underhill, May, Watson, Manu, LCD etc who weren't involved.

It was extreme circumstances to which the players responded. Itoje looked like the hype. That it took that situation to bring out that degree of intensity today just reinforces what I've long thought - Jones seldom gets the best out of the available players.

Bit of a no win for Ire. After that card they were always going to win the match and both teams knew it. That does change the mindset a bit.

One stat of note is we've only scored 7 tries this tournament - we're gonna need to score 6 vs France for it not to be our worst record in like 9 years or something

Latest posts