• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] England vs Ireland (12/03/22)

Furlong seemed off it today, not sure if unwell or not fit. Still got monstered in the scrum. With a winger pushing too
Heard he has an arm injury,
Got a big bruise in the shape of a Devonian face on his right forearm

(For the record I'm not saying this is red or anything, Slade is basically on his knees - but with the way laws are atm it was probably worth a look at least, even if it is just instinct to put your arm out/he wasn't even looking/wouldn't have known Slade was there until the impact)

Some player observations. If Eddie had a pair of eyes Ewels wouldn't of started...just saying

Genge by far and away his best game for England ...shredded Furlong who looked off colour not sure if fully fit ?

Itoje, can we finally put to bed all this nonsense of not been world class ?

Simmonds had a great game in defence. His overall game has really improved this last 12 months

Slade and Marchant looked good in defence. Nice balance of passing
Malins not an international class winger

Steward..had a poor game but has been average all tournament. Needs to do more than be safe under high ball

Eddie , this will prolong his tenure no doubt We will loose next week as France will score tries and we look completely blunt in attack. The pack can be dominant and still loose
And get shot of Malins aswell. It's not working.

Get an actual winger in.

I'd take anyone over Jones tbh. He's bought into his own hype and thinks his rugby intellect is above challenge. Something not right with the amount of coaching staff that have came and went plenty points to him being dictorial in his methods. Post World cup has really not been anywhere near good enough with the resources he has.

A little disappointed with that. Yeah we won but we can attribute the win to England fatigue as much as anything. When the game was a contest we found it incredibly difficult to wrestle the momentum away or at least stem the tide. Arguably we facilitated England in getting up for the contest. A similar thing happened in Paris and with eyes on a World Cup that won't do. High tempo attacking rugby is great but when the crowd are up and the referee has his focus solely on you, you have to find a better way of managing the game.

I don't think the penny has dropped for a lot of our players. We respond to pressure moments by forcing it more. We have a relatively young side though so hopefully this, Paris and the 3 tests in New Zealand serve a purpose.

Whilst I agree but who?
Radwan out of form
OHC looked bang average today

Murely maybe?
I'd still back Radwan tbh
Murley would be up there though, and potentially my first choice (though I'm an unashamed Radwan fanboy)
Lynagh as a realistic choice considering he's been training with England recently - he's also been tacking on mass, which EJ likes
Thorley been in and around the squad too - not great today, but Malins hasn't been either

Really I'm just in a position where I want to see any dedicated winger trialled - Malins isn't working, it's not like they have a high bar to beat

I was fine with him being tested at FB but he's done nothing this 6N and Steward has 15 sewn up for now. Agree, get rid.
I'd tend to agree, he's young and like many of the new faces will benefit from the experience and I reckon he's got a high ceiling in terms of potential. Most of all he's playing in position......

So next week is prob
Genge
George
Sinks
Itoje
Launch
Lawes
Nowell
Simmonds
Randall
Smith
Marchant
Slade
Northmore
Malins
Steward

Marler, Blamire, Stuart, Isiekwe, Chessum, Dombrandt, Youngs, Daly

Heard he has an arm injury,
Got a big bruise in the shape of a Devonian face on his right forearm

(For the record I'm not saying this is red or anything, Slade is basically on his knees - but with the way laws are atm it was probably worth a look at least, even if it is just instinct to put your arm out/he wasn't even looking/wouldn't have known Slade was there until the impact)

Noticed it at the time, even made a comment about Irish card.

Having looked again, now, I don't even think Furlong saw him, he was looking the opposite direction

Last edited:
Blamire is an odd one. He's not the first choice 2 at his club good in the loose but his darts up to scratch. Hard point in the game to come on today though.

With 20 minutes to go I genuinely thought we could win that but the Irish bench really added some impetus to their play. I'm getting a very bad feeling about next week. An England team that will be exhausted after today up against a young, dynamic and quick France team with a big crowd behind them. I can see the French blowing us away in 20 minutes.

Of the young hookers I think Sam Riley is both a better player and has more potential than Blamire.

Riley couldn't hit a barn door the other week though.
Dude looked good at U20 level but Walker is miles ahead of him at Quins and only 26.

As a general rugby player I would put Dolly ahead of them all BUT he's not big enough for International level.

So England for the 5th place 2nd year in a row....

But don't worry Eddie will say it's just the team building...

It's becoming a tad embarrassing now.

Latest posts