• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] France vs Wales (20/03/2021)

A spat is a point of a forum no? Or does everyone have to adhere to some code? Obviously blasphemy is a no go .
Well I wouldn't say it's the 'point' of a forum but they definitely serve to entertain some.

And I'd imagine you could definitely get away with blasphemy these days... though as I found out early last week holding up the heinous act of forced sexual conquest (I won't say the word) of someone's mother as one of a only a few possible reasons terrible enough to justify that someone could feel such hatred to a nation (all the while, tongue firmly place in one's cheek) that I witnessed in the England vs France thread directed against Wales is way outta line.

Well I wouldn't say it's the 'point' of a forum but they definitely serve to entertain some.

And I'd imagine you could definitely get away with blasphemy these days... though as I found out early last week holding up the heinous act of forced sexual conquest (I won't say the word) of someone's mother as one of a only a few possible reasons terrible enough to justify that someone could feel such hatred to a nation (all the while, tongue firmly place in one's cheek) that I witnessed in the England vs France thread directed against Wales is way outta line.
link the thread i missed that! How skin inducing was it?

Yeah... I suppose that it 'can' be difficult to fully understand the tone of a piece of text and that's probably the basis for 90% of the spats on here... but that was clearly tongue in cheek in fairness.
It's a complicated thing there are typically three kinds of posts analysis, bantz and genuine questions and answers. I think most of the regulars on here engage in all three. Sometimes the bant does get out hand the mods (the two we have now?) in general do a pretty good job it getting severely out hand. And some spats are worth having as you genuinely learn something (I'm looking at you definition a knock on).

However yes on this occasion I thought the comment was absurd enough that it was clearly a joke. Which is why baffled at the reaction it's generated.

99% of the time it blows over and I only have 2 people on my block list as I usually have decent conversations with most people post spat.

Grow up, you have a massive chip that you need to look at and you're looking quite fooli

And I'd imagine you could definitely get away with blasphemy these days... though as I found out early last week holding up the heinous act of forced sexual conquest (I won't say the word) of someone's mother as one of a only a few possible reasons terrible enough to justify that someone could feel such hatred to a nation (all the while, tongue firmly place in one's cheek) that I witnessed in the England vs France thread directed against Wales is way outta line

I do think Alrums has a point here, its almost always okay for an English or EngIrish poster to make a comment that may be perceived as controversial but when it comes from the Welsh or Scots its deemed disrespectful.

Surprised by your likes Bushy bit disappointing TBH..
Maybe it's because there generally isn't an axe to grind here and Bushy as often is the case has the maturity to see that and neutralise the negative reputation of Welsh posters you often seem to do the upmost to force a stereo typical negative view of.

Hope the irony isn't missed on you th
out of nowhere
Maybe it's because there generally isn't an axe to grind here and Bushy as often is the case has the maturity to see that and neutralise the negative reputation of Welsh posters you often seem to do the upmost to force a stereo typical negative view of.
Nope.
Its just the person in question I find is quite sly in approach, not you though your sound as can be and straight up which I definitely dig.

Latest posts