• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] France vs Wales (20/03/2021)

I've calmed a bit now lots of deep breaths. To be a good team you need your 23 to be able to take to the field and loose nothing by it, at the moment we have some players that if they are not there we drop in effectiveness and although it might not be by much the difference is plain to see. so I think its not about improving the 15 but the other 8 or even more.

I've calmed a bit now lots of deep breaths. To be a good team you need your 23 to be able to take to the field and loose nothing by it, at the moment we have some players that if they are not there we drop in effectiveness and although it might not be by much the difference is plain to see. so I think its not about improving the 15 but the other 8 or even more.
Who exactly do you think shouldn't be in the squad , I think our bench is pretty decent tbh

Who exactly do you think shouldn't be in the squad , I think our bench is pretty decent tbh
Yeah our bench has been great all championship apart from yesterday... you can't expect it to work out 100% of the time. Never throw the baby out with the bath water.

In the paper today Sir Clive picked his lions team, there was no Faletau but Tipric was picked at No8. How on earth did England win a WC with him in charge the mind boggles one of the best No8s in the world substituted for an average 7 :oops: :rolleyes:

In the paper today Sir Clive picked his lions team, there was no Faletau but Tipric was picked at No8. How on earth did England win a WC with him in charge the mind boggles one of the best No8s in the world substituted for an average 7 :oops: :rolleyes:
Yeah the mind boggles... makes you think that Johnno and Johnny must've co-ordinated everything.

To answer your question to Dai, I'd say Botham can be upgraded on and I'd hazard a guess and say that Dai thinks Ellis Jenkins would be that upgrade and I wouldn't disagree. Botham looks good and his ceiling is pretty high, though.

Front row subs is where we lack a little bit in my opinion. Brown looks like he's coming on but we really need Rhys Carre to find some form or someone else to step up. Hooker is a bit of a problem position for us in the medium/long term. Dee isn't bad but he's nothing that's going to worry opposition in my opinion. We've got decent enough depth in the back line. Really looking forward to seeing what kind of squad Pivac picks for Argentina assuming it's goes ahead.

TBA I'm not saying they are not good players on the bench but if we lose Faletau, Navidi, Wyn Jones, north, Josh Adams, Liam Williams, and perhaps a few more have we got like for like

An ENGLISH ref and an ENGLISH tmo say your wrong.
No they dont. Ref didn't see it grounded and Barnesy-mate couldn't have seen it grounded either. His response seemed to suggest that his hands were tied as he could not offer an opinion given that his Bessie had intimated he had seen a grounding which probably was an assumption more than anything given he was behind play and if the ball was grounded it was out of his sight.

The Adam's try was always a try. As the ref gave his on-field decision try there wasn't clear enough evidence to rule it no try.
Ignoring Brandon2k s obsession with it I'm unsure how much more clear it would have to be. Just in those circumstances it will always be a waste of time going to the TMO because that's the most evidence your ever going to get for a try being held up like that.

No they dont. Ref didn't see it grounded and Barnesy-mate couldn't have seen it grounded either. His response seemed to suggest that his hands were tied as he could not offer an opinion given that his Bessie had intimated he had seen a grounding which probably was an assumption more than anything given he was behind play and if the ball was grounded it was out of his sight.
1616348647853.gif

Average 7? I can't think of a single person I've ever met who says he's average. Overrated, good, decent but average??? You see that grubber through for our try last night? I can't think of any 7 in the world that would've contemplated doing that let alone pull it off.

TBA I'm not saying they are not good players on the bench but if we lose Faletau, Navidi, Wyn Jones, north, Josh Adams, Liam Williams, and perhaps a few more have we got like for like
Not being funny Dai but you take that many front line players out of any international side and you're gonna see problems arise. Look at England with prime Manu and Binny... and then without... and that's just two players.

To answer your question to Dai, I'd say Botham can be upgraded on and I'd hazard a guess and say that Dai thinks Ellis Jenkins would be that upgrade and I wouldn't disagree. Botham looks good and his ceiling is pretty high, though.

Front row subs is where we lack a little bit in my opinion. Brown looks like he's coming on but we really need Rhys Carre to find some form or someone else to step up. Hooker is a bit of a problem position for us in the medium/long term. Dee isn't bad but he's nothing that's going to worry opposition in my opinion. We've got decent enough depth in the back line. Really looking forward to seeing what kind of squad Pivac picks for Argentina assuming it's goes ahead.
Yes Carr I don't know what he brings, what I'm saying is although the bench might be good the bench are the bench because they are not as good as the players taking the field and is why they are on the bench. a moot point, but my daughter came up today and asked me who is the Pedro Pescal look alike in the Welsh team (Sheedy)

Not being funny Dai but you take that many front line players out of any international side and you're gonna see problems arise. Look at England with prime Manu and Binny... and then without... and that's just two players.
true but the best teams don't make whole sale changes when its close

W.E. I know you think he's the best thing since sliced bread but you said it your self what other 7 would put a little kick in, thats not his job, what he does he does fairly well but he is not a destructive 7 that's what's needed in todays game.

Our boys were close to being out on their feet bud, most of those changes (maybe with the exception of Biggar) had to be made. The majority of the subs didn't go well but that is not entirely indicative of them as players now nor in the future. These boys looked magnificent when they came on against Scotland and England. Sometimes it just doesn't go according to plan.

Okay I'll agree yesterday it was the wrong decision to make changes , biggar was in the zone yesterday no need to bring sheedy on as we much needed biggars physicality in defence but in the previous games sheedy has come on and impressed but Pivac did make an error call yesterday .

Our boys were close to being out on their feet bud, most of those changes (maybe with the exception of Biggar) had to be made. The majority of the subs didn't go well but that is not entirely indicative of them as players now nor in the future. These boys looked magnificent when they came on against Scotland and England. Sometimes it just doesn't go according to plan.
I agree they were out on their feet and have said so in other posts. But even Sheedy who I consider one for the future reverted to type and started kicking long, yes we needed subs on but against better opposition they came up short, so the need for them to get better is a must for us to improve long term,

W.E. I know you think he's the best thing since sliced bread but you said it your self what other 7 would put a little kick in, thats not his job, what he does he does fairly well but he is not a destructive 7 that's what's needed in todays game.
He turned a scenario from being smashed and possibly losing the ball to scoring a try from absolutely nothing. I'd say that was pretty destructive. Him racking up almost 100 tackles and missing 1 isn't exactly screaming walk over either to be honest.

Ive not seen enough of Botham to really make a call on him . I do wish we still had the likes of a Hadleigh Parkes on the bench tho he would of been perfect to bring on the last 15 yesterday.

Latest posts