• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Ireland vs Scotland (01/02/20)

Is that xenophobic or just being a 19 year old tool?
Difficult to say but it's a bit rich to disrespect opposition in that fashion then a few years later accuse them of lack of respect towards you.

download (5).jpeg

It might of also helped if he hadn't opened his trap whilst England were on a massive winning streak. If he said something now most would go well the last two matches were a win and a draw so he might have a point.

In 2015 last time they played they lost at home 20-0

That's hypocrisy in my book, not xenophobia.
If that's all there is to it yes, however if he did it simply because it was against the English and wouldn't have done it to another nation then it would be xenophobic.

Either way it doesn't do much to make him more likeable.

So 'if' the 'disrespecting us' comment and a ball being softly thrown in the general direction of a downed English player is the extent of Hogg's xenophobia... I'd personally say it's been a 'wee' bit blown out of proportion.

If that's all there is to it yes, however if he did it simply because it was against the English and wouldn't have done it to another nation then it would be xenophobic.

That's a pretty big if and essentially a hypothetical scenario as opposed to a proven case of xenophobia. He's a tool on the pitch all the time according to some on here which suggests it's not specific to one opponent.

So Ringrose broke his thumb. I'm not really mad about any of our centre combinations without him. The others are all have similar limitations or don't really play centre that much.

Either way it doesn't do much to make him more likeable.
I'd say it was more the fact that your man came sliding in and it looked like he struck Hogg feet/legs first. In that case he's dead right to rub his face in it in my opinion.

So Ringrose broke his thumb. I'm not really mad about any of our centre combinations without him. The others are all have similar limitations or don't really play centre that much.
Nightmare. We stopped threatening with our backs at all after he went off. Hopefully they go Henshaw 12 and Aki 13 rather than the other way around but it's only bad news.

I'd go for Henshaw because I thought he did fairly well yesterday, but if we have the same problems going forward we had in the past with that pair I'd be looning to bring Addison in.

I'd say it was more the fact that your man came sliding in and it looked like he struck Hogg feet/legs first. In that case he's dead right to rub his face in it in my opinion.

Nightmare. We stopped threatening with our backs at all after he went off. Hopefully they go Henshaw 12 and Aki 13 rather than the other way around but it's only bad news.

That's the thing. It's easy to look at the picture in isolation and come to a conclusion but it's possible that there was some 'befores' with that player on the ground. We just don't know. It's eight years old.

POM and VDF apparently made 3 carries each yesterday. They just can't be in the same backrow.
Hence my reasoning as I said about next week. Would parachute Deegan or Jack O'Donoghue in to backrow and leave POM as a 20 if Doris is out. Also shows Stander gets a lot of crap from uneducated media. As was pointed out his stats have stayed steady and he gives the same for last few years but if he's only carrier in backrow it's easy negate.

I'd go for Henshaw because I thought he did fairly well yesterday, but if we have the same problems going forward we had in the past with that pair I'd be looning to bring Addison in.
Thats the fear the 2 together have consistently proven to have poor effect. Like the backrow issue they are not compatible to a levep required. Play them and it is about surviving and not about pushing forward. Addison or an alternative even Chris Farrell should be considered. Or McCloskey with 1 of lads at 13

My team for next week assuming Kilcoyne, Doris and Ringrose are out and a few others are fit.

Addison, Larmour, Farrell, Aki, Stockdale, Sexton, Cooney; Healy, Kelleher, Furlong, Henderson, Ryan, Stander, van der Flier, Deegan. Replacements: Herring, McGrath, Porter, Dillane, O'Mahony, Murray, Byrne, Henshaw.

It's easy to be bolder in selection when it isn't your head on the chopping block! Ireland need more go forward ball in the pack. With the greatest of respect to Rob Herring and Peter O'Mahony, they won't give you that. I've a man crush on Ultan Dillane and think he offers more off the bench than Devin Toner. Chris Farrell is in better form than Robbie Henshaw. Will Addison, if fit, provides a bit of spark which the backline lacks without Garry Ringrose.

Has a player ever consistently kicked the ball past the dead ball line as much as Daly? We get it lad, you've got a massive boot, now stop losing us 70 metres at a time.

Ireland's men, women, u20s and Club teams all best their Scottish counterparts this weekend.

Latest posts