• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] France vs England (02/02/20)

Eddie cost us that game.

Youngs needs to go.
Bring in an 8
Krutoje need to start

In all reality I don't think a 8 would've changed much.
Our breakdown defence was shocking, and imo the main cause for our loss.

French defence and attack at the breakdown would've slowed up our pack regardless.

Personally something wasn't right easy drops, losing in the air, players who are strong getting the ball ripped.

Looking forward I would be interested to see.
1. Genge
2. LCD
3. Sinckler
4. Kruis
5. Itoje
6. Curry
7. Underhill
8. Earl
9. Heinz
10. Ford
11. May
12. Farrell
13. Daly
14. Thorley
15. Watson

Some time.

I am really delighted with this win, was really worried at one stage, but they prevailed
Well deserved.

It would be interesting to see how France go against Wales or Ireland, some key things/positions very wrong for England today and yet they managed to effectively steal a point at the end and France were looking shaky. Personally I think France could win whole thing if that effort is maintained versus other teams.

French defence was pretty heroic, the fact that May made something out of ok positions multiple times is really the only thing that kept the score line respectable, complete lack of power in the carry.

In a way it's a shame May did make it far more respectable a drubbing on the scoreboard changes would be forced.

Next week start Genge LCD Sinks itoje kruis and THREE back row players(not a bloody lock).

Our breakdown defence was shocking, and imo the main cause for our loss.

French defence and attack at the breakdown would've slowed up our pack regardless.

Personally something wasn't right easy drops, losing in the air, players who are strong getting the ball ripped.
Mental.
It seems to affect all RWC runners-up, Saracens' issues would have dou led down on that, along with having too many players who's heads drop when the pressure comes on.

3 backrowers would help - even if none of them are a "natural" #8 (though I'd rather one who's accustomed to it)
Ditch Young's. Yes, he can win matches in his own, but he looses 2 for every one of those performances.
Find a captain with on-field leadership and a naturally calm temperament, ideally in the pack.

Get a sport psychologist working hard with the whole squad (and ideally, start that 3 months ago)

Ewels > Kruis did not lose us that match
Curry at 8 did not losenus that match
Furbank at FB did not lose us that match

French defence was pretty heroic, the fact that May made something out of ok positions multiple times is really the only thing that kept the score line respectable, complete lack of power in the carry.

In a way it's a shame May did make it far more respectable a drubbing on the scoreboard changes would be forced.

No drubbing in the first game of a competition has changed anything really.
Unless you are the Tigers BOD and you really don't want to be compared to them.

Mental.
It seems to affect all RWC runners-up, Saracens' issues would have dou led down on that, along with having too many players who's heads drop when the pressure comes on.

3 backrowers would help - even if none of them are a "natural" #8 (though I'd rather one who's accustomed to it)
Ditch Young's. Yes, he can win matches in his own, but he looses 2 for every one of those performances.
Find a captain with on-field leadership and a naturally calm temperament, ideally in the pack.

Get a sport psychologist working hard with the whole squad (and ideally, start that 3 months ago)

Would be amazed if that hasn't been the case.

Would be amazed if that hasn't been the case.
It should have been, but whatever was done on that front, it wasn't enough (even if it was the absolute maximum possible with real human beings)

Disagree entirely, keep ball in instead of the 3 or 4 times it was lost outside and those are easy pens due to the huge dominance of the English front row. Instead ball turned over. Not to mention the potential for penalty tries for repeat infringements from further scrums or breaks and carries from 8 which France had no need to worry about/defend against today.

Dombrant, Symmonds or even Hughes (who's had an impressive season) would have changed a lot.

Didn't the ball pop out once in the scrum that was going forward?
The other times Owen was adamant that both sides was not going forward just the LH so at best it would be a reset.

A few positives:

May once again proved he is one of the best wingers in the world.
Proudfoot has got the scrums looking strong.
We should have Mako and Watson back next week.
We snatched a losing bonus point from 24-0 down.

As for the new faces, Ewels was anonymous, Stuart didn't have much time, I don't think Devoto got on and Furbank was... so-so. Knocked on, caught stuff in the air, the odd bit of nice footwork, but didn't really stick his hand up.

Latest posts