• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] England Squad

If Watson is back then Furbank to 23 and watson to 14 with Daly to FB. I just hope for 3 back rowers and another in the 20 shirt is that too much to ask.

I hope the LHPs are Genge and Mako

Genge/Mako
George/LCD
Sinks/Stuart
Itoje
Kruis/lawes(or Ewels but i just dont think he has a high ceiling)
Ludlam
Underhill
Curry/Earl

Youngs:(:(:(/Heinz
Ford
May
Faz/devoto
JJ
Watson
Daly/Furbank.

Thats the best we can hope for... Daly will be FB if watson is fit. Curry will be No 8 as he is the most stubbern ******* ever. Just please dont let us have lawes in the back row as good as he is he isnt good at the breakdown.
Word on the street was that Daly at FB was going to be abandoned against France anyway. Would've been a semblance of sanity.

It's infuriating if they were sensible experiments no one would worry too much but we have the worst 9 around, no 8 and no real heavy hitter in the team, Devoto, Simmonds/Dombrant/Hughes/Earl anyone?

The guy got us to a WC final, a GS and a 6N ***le after the disaster of 2015 WC. I cant hate him too much plus its not like its a new thing him picking random and confusing selections.

I think any proper international coach could have taken our players to those same heights. We've just been starved of a proper coach for years so accept Jones' stupid selection and nonsense when In reality he makes basic errors in selection and tactics constantly that us fans notice yet Jones doesn't.

Last edited:
If you wanted to you could say most coaches could take a 2 rugby world cup finalist to the final.
I mean the guys been in 3 RWC finals and one 1 for a reason.

He's also helped change Japan into what they are now.

End of the day no coach will be perfect.
Joe Schmidt won world coach of the year and had everyone jerking him 12 months before being pretty heavily publicly and directly blamed for Ireland Rugby world cup failure.
Steve Hansen had won 2 RWC's and had people questioning his ability without the likes of Carter and McCaw.

Is Jones stubborn to the point of cutting his nose to spite your face. 100%
But to not think he's a "Proper Coach" prob highlights a lot about the rugby public TBH.

With Tigs on this one as much as Eddie's insistence to play Youngs and Lawes/Itoje@6 ******* infuriates me to a level of sheer madness. Reality is calling him anything other than hugely successful coach is way off the mark.

We have a top grade coach he just needs to sort out our mental fragility more than anything else. And it something we've struggled with since 2003 really.

You can't improve on perfection

I reckon this guy begs to differ...

upload_2020-2-3_22-13-30.jpeg

Manu confirmed out of Scotland game - expected back for round 3 so no replacement named.

Anyone else been reading Eddie's autobiography? It's really interesting the way he's approached the England job. He says the press are the single biggest obstacle to England's success because they all compete with each other to see who can be the most outraged. Seeing the press reaction to Sunday's loss, it's hard to argue. He talks about this 'cartoonish character' the press portray him as and how it's totally different to the way he is in reality, but how he plays up to it because it keeps the press busy with him instead of the team. Look at all the press coverage since Sunday's match, it's all about what a complete ******* Eddie is and how he should be sacked/humiliated/shut his mouth. The players are completed shielded. Mission accomplished.

And let's not forget: the players love him. That's a damn good sign.

What I mean is, any proper rugby fan (especially us saints fans) know that Lawes at 6 doesn't work. It weakens your carrying and rucking game.

Now Eddie not only ignores that but further goes on to weaken our carrying ability by not selecting an 8 to play 8.

Then he goes further by not having Mako in at 1 or Genge at 1, even further weakening our carrying game.

I bet most people on here knew that pre the weekend, so what I'm saying about Eddie is an idiot, plain and simple.

Then there's the whole Ford/ Farrell debacle and let's not even mention Young's starting.

Eddie Jones is an idiot.

I like EJ, he's is a world class coach (many won't agree) and he definitely isn't an idiot. That being said I was getting annoyed at the negative post towards before France and his selection. Fair play to the many who predicted the result and performance. I got it wrong. The game against France might be his worst selected 15 since he become England coach, I know there'll be worse 15 in terms of talent but the level of bad calls and considering what's available.

"any proper rugby fan" - Which means what exactly?

I've seen people on twitter who would call themselves that, that reckon if Alex Goode was from New Zealand he would be a 50 cap AB, same with Wade.

Ford/ Farrell debacle, isn't even a debacle when you think about it, it isn't the best combo nor perfect but at the same time both played 10 and 12 for a Record winning streak and won a grand slam. It's almost idiotic to call it a debacle, certainly sensationalist.

Wasn't Mako injured/not fit?

What I mean is, any proper rugby fan (especially us saints fans) know that Lawes at 6 doesn't work. It weakens your carrying and rucking game.

Now Eddie not only ignores that but further goes on to weaken our carrying ability by not selecting an 8 to play 8.

Then he goes further by not having Mako in at 1 or Genge at 1, even further weakening our carrying game.

I bet most people on here knew that pre the weekend, so what I'm saying about Eddie is an idiot, plain and simple.

Then there's the whole Ford/ Farrell debacle and let's not even mention Young's starting.

Eddie Jones is an idiot.

Well again, that's why it's well worth reading his autobiography. He talks about how much he pushed the players in 2018 post-Lions tour to see what their limits were, who could take it, who could adapt, who couldn't etc. The media at the time called him an idiot and said he'd lost the plot, but it was all to improve the team long-term, and when you look at 2018's losing streak, would you have expected that team to reach the WC final the next year? Or would you have expected GS winning, NZ-beating Ireland to do it? And what happened?

He may perplex at times, but there's a purpose to everything he does, whether it ultimately works or not. He wants to drag English rugby's standards up and get them as high as they can possibly go. It's not all gonna be smooth sailing.

Eddie Jones is an idiot.
Thing is we know EJ is not an idiot and your right about he must have known the affect of playing these players.

So the question is why? He had zero carrying threat in the pack and a weakened ruck ability.

So why? He wanted to throw TC out of his comfort zone make him responsible for making ground and carrying therfore meaning he couldnt resort to type as play like a 7. And maybe to test ford/faz when they come up against a team with a superior pack?

Or any other reasons but he did it on purpose and for a reason what do you guys think it is? And if he is going to try stuff when should he do it?

Some very odd selections at 6 and 8. Some dubious calls at 9 and 15. And I don't see what daly brings on the wing... Nor fullback. He also seems to have lost a yard of pace. Ej just seems to been stubborn about no 8. Dombrant would bring a lovely balence to that back row with his carrying ability and height.

We do seem to have forgotten that we did have half a team out injured last week. I keep hearing we peaked at the WC and perhaps even outperformed our ability. I don't see it like that. I would argue it was the first time in a decade we fielded our best xv or very close to it. Until the rfu get a handle on the amount games our elite players are involved in I don't see consistent success

Latest posts