• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Wales v Ireland (16/03/2019)

Yup,
Tipuric was a passenger again today (which makes the rest of the sides performance even more impressive) - think he won one penalty but realistically it should've gone the other way.
Bin him off, bring back Faletau and Jenkins and Wales' pack gets a whole lot scarier.
lol youre having a laugh he made over 20 tackles lol and won a few turnovers too

Made a world class Ireland side look worse than Italy. You'd have made a fortune if you'd have bet on the outside handicap 15 +.

The ale will flow greatfully this evening in Wales. AWJ the greatest to ever don a Wales shirt.

To be fair on them.
POM was poor today but 1 of our better forwards all season.
On SOB. Unlikely to go to REC due to competition and transfer.
On Beirne. Played well in a beaten up pack. Anyone judging him on just today really knows nothing on rugby.
On Murray. I think it's unfair to single him. It's both him and Sexton. Both are drivers and voth have been absolutely posion to us this championship.
Aki and Henshaw are similar. Hard to say Henshaw would've made a difference. In conditions and in a team sapped of confidence it is hard to produce.
Larmour is not better than any of our back 3 yet. Has had chances and shown he still has parts to learn but on right track.
I wouldn't say Beirne played well but obviously it would be crazy to judge him on that. But he's lost ground to Henderson over the last few weeks and doesn't have a proven track record in big internationals.

Sexton has mixed the good and the bad, Murray has been awful throughout. Sexton was playing outside a woefully misfiring 9 which can't have helped either.

as i said before the game sexton is world class GOING FORWARD....very few are world class going backwards, sexton isnt he never has been. ..BUT this welsh team IS WORLD CLASS GOING BACKWARDS....I think the men of harlech they sung in the movie zulu was the most appropriate for these grand slammers....when a welsh regiment of less than 100 fought off 10,000 zulus, admittedly they had a few guns too...In the end the zulus backed off and in a weird way both showed respect for the other

Men of Harlech, stop your dreaming
Can't you see their spearpoints gleaming
See their warrior pennants streaming
To this battle field

Men of Harlech stand ye steady
It can not be ever said ye
For the battle were not ready
Welshmen never yield

From the hills rebounding
Let this war cry sounding
Summon all at Cambria's call
The mighty foe surrounding

Men of Harlech on to glory
This will every be your story
Keep these burning words before ye
Welshmen will not yield

Trouble is he is generally playing on the front foot which allows him to be quality most teams don't get the same forward domination, today he was on the back foot and looked shocking, do u have many examples of when he has been on fire behind a pack which is either being dominated or even on parity, I certainly don't think he's superior behind a struggling pack.
Do you have (m)any examples of any 10 doing this? It's a lazy argument. When you're pack is beaten as badly as Ireland were today, you lose. Examples of Sexton not having a dominant pack and winning? The Heineken cup final just gone, France and NZ last year, Clermont 2010, Northampton 2011, France 2014 and 2015 and there's loads and loads more.

That fair but for me I would class both as completely off and wouldn't start either.
Agree Sexton was good vs France. Not sure I'd say he was good vs Sco. Not poor just competent. At the moment on form neither are within an asses roar of international standard
Sexton really isn't high on the list of problems though especially outside Murray and that backrow. Sexton is going to go back to Leinster and play well, Murray desperately needs to do something or he won't for look any better for Munster. Rory Best, Cian Healy, the starting backrow and Aki were all as bad as Sexton today but Murray was the worst of the lot and has been for a while, he's also in a position where he effects other players' performance more than any other. Every player is getting .2 seconds less time with the ball because his service is horrible and his decision making bad on top of that. Even that first 25 minutes Sexton put us in a lot of good positions and you could generally take your pick of Best, Murray or Aki to **** it up, he'd lost it by the second half.

I don't get this. He wins Man of the Match awards frequently for Ireland (deservedly so). He was the best player on the field in the November win against the All Blacks that tricked so many fans into believing we were unstoppable. If we're going to question the selection of certain Irish players he should be well down the list.
I wouldn't drop him but he does absolutely need the correct guys around him to play well, SOB was the worst backrow today and when Conan came on and started hitting offensive rucks and carrying POM got better, playing him without Toner, Leavy or Conan to take on those roles is asking for an anonymous display though.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that I have.to watch this or the knowledge that a bunch of obnoxious Welsh fans are going to bring this game up endlessly over the next five years.
bring up the fact we owned you quite easily? There will always be excuses just like the English loss but the fact remains you got outplayed in every facet of the game , godbless and goodnight;!;

Not gonna make a big deal... you (the Welsh 23) manned the **** up, you deserve every accolade and more.

Alun Wyn Jones... you've made me gay!
Congrats on the win and the sexuality thing man but...

Screenshot_2019-03-16-17-30-10-842_com.android.chrome.png

I'm just not your best bet! :)

as i said before the game sexton is world class GOING FORWARD....very few are world class going backwards, sexton isnt he never has been. ..BUT this welsh team IS WORLD CLASS GOING BACKWARDS....I think the men of harlech they sung in the movie zulu was the most appropriate for these grand slammers....when a welsh regiment of less than 100 fought off 10,000 zulus, admittedly they had a few guns too...In the end the zulus backed off and in a weird way both showed respect for the other

Men of Harlech, stop your dreaming
Can't you see their spearpoints gleaming
See their warrior pennants streaming
To this battle field

Men of Harlech stand ye steady
It can not be ever said ye
For the battle were not ready
Welshmen never yield

From the hills rebounding
Let this war cry sounding
Summon all at Cambria's call
The mighty foe surrounding

Men of Harlech on to glory
This will every be your story
Keep these burning words before ye
Welshmen will not yield
We will never get credit . It's always the team played bad or the ref was in our side... Jesus you know this by now

I wouldn't say Beirne played well but obviously it would be crazy to judge him on that. But he's lost ground to Henderson over the last few weeks and doesn't have a proven track record in big internationals.

Sexton has mixed the good and the bad, Murray has been awful throughout. Sexton was playing outside a woefully misfiring 9 which can't have helped either.
Still and I say this truly. Blaming Sextons qoes on Murray is a cheap way out. His kicking and general play was poor too. Murray was shite for 99% of tournament. Sexton was for 85%.
Don't think Tadgh lost any ground on Henderson as Henderson is established and Tadg didn't go back today. And would disagree as based on last few weeks he has been a standout at club level. Not saying he is ahead of Henderson but again no sure how that would be a conclusion.
Facts are Murray and Sextons reputations have nose dived hugely as has Sean O Brien this tournament. The question is now can we adapt enough in limited time as teams have figured us out

We will never get credit . It's always the team played bad or the ref was in our side... Jesus you know this by now
England 4 BP's, Wales 0. ;)

Just having a laugh I'm 100% not serious about the wins counting more.

Yup,
Tipuric was a passenger again today (which makes the rest of the sides performance even more impressive) - think he won one penalty but realistically it should've gone the other way.
Bin him off, bring back Faletau and Jenkins and Wales' pack gets a whole lot scarier.
So why didn't you beat us good boy???

bring up the fact we owned you quite easily? There will always be excuses just like the English loss but the fact remains you got outplayed in every facet of the game , godbless and goodnight;!;
Go off and get drunk or something. Leave me here in my misery.

And yes you completely outplayed but if history is anything to go by I'll be sitting here in 10 years arguing with some Welsh teenager who won't even have been old enough to remember this game, but is still using it as a justification to explain why someone should/shouldn't be starting for the Lions.

Latest posts