• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Ireland vs England (02/02/2019)

so they did lose a game and did a lap of honour. thanks for confirming. was worse than i remembered
classic england. lose and still do a lap. lol
It's easy to judge from the high perch of these more enlightened times. You have to remember this was 1997. Brit pop was riding high in the charts, Tony Blair was an avuncular figure, not a toad like war criminal. Nowadays we'd spare All Black feelings with the proper level of obsequiousness and a pox on the benighted denizens of Manchester.

It's easy to judge from the high perch of these more enlightened times. You have to remember this was 1997. Brit pop was riding high in the charts, Tony Blair was an avuncular figure, not a toad like war criminal. Nowadays we'd spare All Black feelings with the proper level of obsequiousness and a pox on the benighted denizens of Manchester.
no obsequiousness needed. a curtsy will do

Good post.

To highlight 2 things.

Big men consistently hitting hard in defence doesn't half help.

9 is the heartbeat of the side. They make the decisions and set the tempo. When Youngs is good he's very good, but when he's not he stilts the flow of the whole side. On Saturday he was very good.

About the only thing Jones got wrong was not giving Robson a 2 minute scamper at the end. Must have felt like the spectre at the feast.
Think this says it all about the England team. When they are good they are very good, but when they are bad they are awful. I think someone already mentioned that 'on form' England had better players, but they did not have the consistency of the Irish. At the weekend, England were on form, while the Irish were a little below. In any international sport, this difference will be noticed.

Think this says it all about the England team. When they are good they are very good, but when they are bad they are awful. I think someone already mentioned that 'on form' England had better players, but they did not have the consistency of the Irish. At the weekend, England were on form, while the Irish were a little below. In any international sport, this difference will be noticed.

Yes sir, there are many ups and downs in sport the trick is being on an up when it matters.

A member for 11 years and that's their first post
DcoC6RNW0AAn5od.jpg

Afternoon all. I haven't frequented a rugby forum for ages. I went to revisit the old SCUMV site and it's gone! What happened to that then? It was always a bit Welsh-centric but there were some decent posters and a sensible level of banter. Anyway...

Wow, a BP in Ireland, who'd have thunk it. I genuinely expected to get smashed and we'd be wishing Care was available to cause havoc in the last 20, but it wasn't needed. What a result.

France looked tasty against the Welsh, that said, I reckon there's enough rugby talent in my office to shine against the Welsh first half performance. Form and odds say we'll win at home and hopefully quite well. But this is the 6N. Anything can happen.

Swing low.

Afternoon all. I haven't frequented a rugby forum for ages. I went to revisit the old SCUMV site and it's gone! What happened to that then? It was always a bit Welsh-centric but there were some decent posters and a sensible level of banter. Anyway...

Wow, a BP in Ireland, who'd have thunk it. I genuinely expected to get smashed and we'd be wishing Care was available to cause havoc in the last 20, but it wasn't needed. What a result.

France looked tasty against the Welsh, that said, I reckon there's enough rugby talent in my office to shine against the Welsh first half performance. Form and odds say we'll win at home and hopefully quite well. But this is the 6N. Anything can happen.

Swing low.

Now that's how you introduce yourself. Friendly, unbiased and free of racism!

Welcome to the forum mate.

What if forumwhore and jovialjim are actually the same person with multiple personalities?

Its strange how when England beat another team, its because the other team are off form.
And yet when England lose, its because they are crap.

As for the "lap of honour" which was really a lap of thanks, i think one has to realise that your average Kiwis are not known for being very smart. My experience with the pakeha here in the Far East has shown that apart from knowing about funny dances and sheep, and talking like Aussies pinching their nose, they arent worldly wise to any other events. And the indigenous PI's aint much better, calling everyone "bro", which is probably due to their Mams sleeping around alot.
now thats trolling

The
Healey v Peters/Tucker thing on twitter was fun.

Healey being Healey, People might not like him but IMO in terms of pure rugby instincts he is the best pundit in the world (Too much lad stuff hampers it though)
Tucker I get is respectable.
But Peters doing his usual bellend, piping in when not needed, (Part of the problem with Rugby journalists who have achieved fek all in the game)

On the Tuilagi thing, Penalty yes, YC Prob, Red Card no = No citing.....

The
Healey v Peters/Tucker thing on twitter was fun.

Healey being Healey, People might not like him but IMO in terms of pure rugby instincts he is the best pundit in the world (Too much lad stuff hampers it though)
Tucker I get is respectable.
But Peters doing his usual bellend, piping in when not needed, (Part of the problem with Rugby journalists who have achieved fek all in the game)

On the Tuilagi thing, Penalty yes, YC Prob, Red Card no = No citing.....

You're kidding right? Penalty against Sexton in my opinion. I mean obviously not, because those are never given, but they should be. No way a yellow against Manu, even a pen. Are you valleycommando in disguise...?

What was the thing on Twitter? I don't tweet

Latest posts