• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Ireland vs England (02/02/2019)

You're kidding right? Penalty against Sexton in my opinion. I mean obviously not, because those are never given, but they should be. No way a yellow against Manu, even a pen. Are you valleycommando in disguise...?

What was the thing on Twitter? I don't tweet

I presume it was this one on Stockdale, which wasn't mentioned in the thread but Ringrose supposedly holding on next phase had about 5 comments...
https://twitter.com/theblitzdefence/status/1091749964504535040?s=20

I agree it probably shouldn't have been cited but we have seen players banned for similar. Definitely a yellow though. A full clip makes it even stupider, it was secure Irish ball and Tuilagi had very little chance of a positive outcome by going near the ruck.

Last edited:
That's a yellow in Pro14, is it?

No wonder Ireland couldn't live with England's physicality :p

Don't pretend if someone did it near a Curry brother you wouldn't be advocating capital punishment...

But yes, given how rugby has been reffed at all levels over the last year or two the only reason it wasn't at least a penalty and a talking to is that it wasn't seen. It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but doing what is essentially a no arms tackle in a ruck has been penalised quite often whether I personally agree with it or not.

If I was his coach I'd be pretty annoyed with Tuilagi (even if he has a lot of credit in the bank for a lot other things he did) he took himself out of the defensive line and risked sanction for basically no chance of a turnover. At best we'd have had sloppy ball and it was already a slow ruck.

Edit: Tadhg Furlong got a yellow for not attempting to wrap in the last game against Munster as a recent example. Which admittedly is a Pro 14 game but still managed a degree of physicality.

Last edited:
I presume it was this one on Stockdale, which wasn't mentioned in the thread but Ringrose supposedly holding on next phase had about 5 comments...
https://twitter.com/theblitzdefence/status/1091749964504535040?s=20

I agree it probably shouldn't have been cited but we have seen players banned for similar. Definitely a yellow though. A full clip makes it even stupider, it was secure Irish ball and Tuilagi had very little chance of a positive outcome by going near the ruck.
Ooooooh yeah I totally misunderstood Tigs there.

Yeah I did actually see that at the time and think we got lucky. Should've been a yellow, could easily have turned into a red if he'd got it wrong. Really stupid play, lucky boy.

Ooooooh yeah I totally misunderstood Tigs there.

Yeah I did actually see that at the time and think we got lucky. Should've been a yellow, could easily have turned into a red if he'd got it wrong. Really stupid play, lucky boy.
wow thats a red imo. flying headbutt and shoulder charge

tumblr_l18idiDvrm1qzp9weo1_640.png

Yeah, no.

You
****, no idea mate, I guess possibly because what you said isn't what defines a red card offence?
Wow. Each to their own I guess. But imo that's a red.
Totally reckless and leading with head. Not only did tuilagi illegally clean out he put himself in danger of getting concussion

You

Wow. Each to their own I guess. But imo that's a red.
Totally reckless and leading with head. Not only did tuilagi illegally clean out he put himself in danger of getting concussion

Terrible wumming.

I still think we need another 15 who can take Kearney's place if he gets injured at some point during the World Cup (which is very likely as he's one of the team's oldest and more injury prone players). Which is why I didn't like the decision to go with Henshaw at 15 for the England game. He's not going to be a suitable replacement for Kearney any time soon, and he's already probably the first choice 12 and therefore unlikely to be available to move into 15 easily at a moment's notice for a big game. Particularly if there are injuries to any of the other centres.

It seems to solve one problem (helping us to get narrow the squad down to 31) but doesn't solve more important problems and actually generates new issues of its own. If we wanted to develop depth at 15, he should have played another 15 in that spot. I would have been happy with any of Conway (not an option now), Addison, or Larmour in that spot. Henshaw just seemed like an odd decision to me.

The others still have a lot of work to do before they can get to Kearney's level in terms of covering the back field, but they can get there a lot faster than Henshaw can given where they're getting their experience at club level and what their strengths are as players.

I still think we need another 15 who can take Kearney's place if he gets injured at some point during the World Cup (which is very likely as he's one of the team's oldest and more injury prone players). Which is why I didn't like the decision to go with Henshaw at 15 for the England game. He's not going to be a suitable replacement for Kearney any time soon, and he's already probably the first choice 12 and therefore unlikely to be available to move into 15 easily at a moment's notice for a big game. Particularly if there are injuries to any of the other centres.

It seems to solve one problem (helping us to get narrow the squad down to 31) but doesn't solve more important problems and actually generates new issues of its own. If we wanted to develop depth at 15, he should have played another 15 in that spot. I would have been happy with any of Conway (not an option now), Addison, or Larmour in that spot. Henshaw just seemed like an odd decision to me.

The others still have a lot of work to do before they can get to Kearney's level in terms of covering the back field, but they can get there a lot faster than Henshaw can given where they're getting their experience at club level and what their strengths are as players.

Tbh we're in exactly the same boat with Brown. However seems like EJ has got a headstart by forcing Daly at FB to get some experience. If Ireland don't win today and Schmidt wants Henshaw as back up to Kearney long term, then he should probably start him in the rest of the games regardless. If he has another player in mind then again he needs to blood them, because hoping to get through a WC without an injury in a certain position is a risky tactic.

Cleared someone out with shoulder who coming in from the side. Are you kiwis getting worried already? I know the NZ Hearld wrote that pathetic article but they are known for doing stupid things like that, you can tell kiwi fans have doubts when they start trolling England threads.
bs. whose trollin? im trying to have an intelligent debate but its one sided and your unarmed. at least put up a plausible argument to support your stance.
not worried about england. y'all gonna choke and not make it out of your pool.
irelands the real power now. u fluked one game because u needed a kiwi to show you how to tackle. pathetic
u do realise ABs are going for a 3 peat? england were lucky to get their one in a row. hahaha

Carbery is the one who stands out to me. He did a lot of Kearney emulating when in Leinster and while what he did with the ball wasn't always perfect his positioning was excellent. I think Schmidt has been so focused on making him a 10 (while blatantly not trusting him as anything more than an emergency back up) he has flat out refused to play him 15 to everyone's detriment.

bs. whose trollin? im trying to have an intelligent debate but its one sided and your unarmed. at least put up a plausible argument to support your stance.
not worried about england. y'all gonna choke and not make it out of your pool.
irelands the real power now. u fluked one game because u needed a kiwi to show you how to tackle. pathetic
u do realise ABs are going for a 3 peat? england were lucky to get their one in a row. hahaha
You really are worried arnt you?

You really are worried arnt you?
Not worried at all. Going for 3 peat is ultimately hard. Only the great teams ever achieve it. If ABs get it that'd be nice. if not hakuna matata.

And really? How many more kiwis Samoans and Australians could you possibly get to help your team?

Latest posts