Time: 15:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

a2r4rag.png
VS.
0votoCs.png

Venue: DHL Newlands
Time: 17:10 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Last edited:
Not necessarily...

If the Rebels lose both of their next 2 matches, and the Sharks win just one of their last 2 matches. Then both the Sharks and the Jags will go through, and the Rebels will miss out.
This would be ideal, I cant see the Rebels beating the Highlanders but this weekends fixture vs the Reds will then be crucial, go Reds !

Well I'm very much a full on Sharks fan for the rest of the season, so go Sharks this weekend! Will watch at a Shark supporting mates house just for the novelty of not killing each other on a derby day.

Sharks basically just need to win their next two to go through above the Rebels (I'm assuming a Rebels loss against the Highlanders at least) but unfortunately beating the Stormers in Newlands and the Jaguares anywhere is no easy task.

Have to give it to the Jaguares they have had a fantastic season (especially the second half) I'd actually be pretty happy if you leapfrogged the Lions and got some home play-off games, the Jaguares making the finals (or dare I say winning the finals) would be awesome!

The Crusaders should walk the competition from now though, they can basically lose there next two and still get top spot (not a mathematically certainty but still), they've also looked the least vulnerable whereas the Chiefs/Highlanders/Hurricanes have all shown signs of weakness (as have the Lions and Tahs of course).

Last edited:
My picks for this round
Crusaders by 10
Rebels by 8
Chiefs by 13
Hurricanes by 9
Waratahs by 4
Jaguares by 2
Sharks by 5

Sunwolves team vs Waratahs. Changes from last week in bold. (4 of them due to injury)

1. Craig MILLAR
2. Jaba BREGVADZE
3. Takuma ASAHARA
4. James MOORE
5. Grant HATTINGH

6. Michael LEITCH
7. Edward QUIRK
8. Kazuki HIMENO
9. ◎Yutaka NAGARE

10. Hayden PARKER
11. Akihito YAMADA
12. Michael LITTLE
13. Jason EMERY
14. Semisi MASIREWA

15. Ryuji NOGUCHI

16. Yusuke NIWAI

17. Keita INAGAKI
18. Hencus VAN WYK
19. Wimpie VANDERWLAT
20. Rahboni Warren VOSAYAKO
21. Fumiaki TANAKA
22. Rikiya MATSUDA
23. Ryoto NAKAMURA

Less than 3 minutes. Less-than-3-minutes. Against he landers...

We re actually impressive attacking, but when our back three are pressured we are very exposed. We relly too much on our centers shortenninng the distance very fast.

I generally dont complain, but this is plain theft.
That last play (min 67) was a robbery.
I'd feel safer in the middle of Joburg counting money than in a rugby pitch with this ref.

Yes, the ref missed a key play and that may cost us the game or one BP at least. That being said this game we lost it. We should be 50 to 14. We`ll have to wait one week more.

PS. Landajo slows us down so much. Every time he`s on the field Jags suffer.
PS2. ahhh ffs it was one kick ffs!!!!!

Last edited:
Sure, we made mistakes.
I counted the following

- deliberate neck roll (no yellow)
- Tackle with neck straight to the head (no YC)
- Two of their tries came from knock ons (both checked by the TMO and in both the TMO unbelievably said ball went backwards)
- Ref says advantage (we have the ball in their 22) we kick up our wing and the ref suddenly forgets the advantage. Bulls do a kick 22 and almost score.

Sure, we made mistakes.
I counted the following

- deliberate neck roll (no yellow)
- Tackle with neck straight to the head (no YC)
- Two of their tries came from knock ons (both checked by the TMO and in both the TMO unbelievably said ball went backwards)
- Ref says advantage (we have the ball in their 22) we kick up our wing and the ref suddenly forgets the advantage. Bulls do a kick 22 and almost score.

that shoulder no arms to lavanini's head was straight RED. and the player before him also hit him high with no arms.the Bulls where of side all the game
shame on south African rugby.

besides the ref can't believe how we lost this game. guess the traveling took some toil or the altitude. towards the Sh they looked tired.
there wasn't a cool head to do what we needed. slow things down. and fuking kick the ball to touch. petti is doing great at the line out. it was keeping it simple specially with a 19 0 lead.
instead we divided every ball with ridiculous off load attempts.

that shoulder no arms to lavanini's head was straight RED. and the player before him also hit him high with no arms.the Bulls where of side all the game
shame on south African rugby.
Shame ons South African rugby?
I didnt watch the game so cant speak abouth those incidents but if you didnt learn after three years that the South African rugbynunions are differing entities then you will probably never learn. Its the same as teachinf that one kid that club sports are different than international sports and no barcelona cannot play Brazil in a match.

Shame on you for generalising. And shame on you for thinking that any team in Super rugby would go out to delibiratly hurt the opposition.

I did not get a word you said Unrated xD but i agree on generalizing. One bad ref does not make the whole union bad.

If it depends on me i would put a second team against sharks and hope rebels lose so they can go 8th. UAR and SARU are friends =D

Latest posts