• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] Round 8: Blues vs. Hurricanes (15/04/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Super%20Rugby.png

Blues.png
Versus%20Super.png
Hurricanes.png

Venue: Eden Park
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Last edited:
cant write the blues off, they have been in all the games and just fallen short. its not like they are being completely out classed.

Heck look at the table, 8 games, 3 wins and a positive F/A of +37

not saying they will beat the canes, just that this isn't a forgone conclusion.

That was a great game of rugby there. Barrett was brilliant again. SBW was quiet. Certainly can't be a nailed on AB12 yet

I knew it, we got beat again and SBW gifted them a try that was the difference.
Arrrrggghhhh.

Putting the "lose" into "Blues". They are developing a pretty big mental hump to beating one of their top neighbours. If they don't get over that soon their season will be over in a few weeks.

Whaddaya talkin' about
Its already over
The Highlanders will be out of sight with their two games in hand.
Fair play Tana has got them playing good rugby but the tight five are not getting any dominance against the Kiwi franchises forard packs and until they start to get that they will continue to struggle.

Good game to watch as a neutral, I really thought the Bloos were going to pull that one off. They have improved a lot this year.

The Hurricanes forward pack wasn't all that dominant either. The result could have gone either way to be honest, and as a Canes fan, I have to give credit to the Blues for a great attacking flair, lots of will to snatch victory but maybe not enough determination and composure to play for 80 minutes.

Barrett Clearly the difference again, darn he is good. His attacking game pretty much shades everyone else by a long shot. hes worth so many points it more than makes up for his goal kicking issues.

Shows how good the blues are, despite being burned by Barretts Brilliance on multiple occasions they still almost won this game.

SBW looks rusty... still busting tackles and breaking the line but he also looks a bit unsure. He will be fine with some gametime.

Some awesome touches from nanai.

Some awesome touches from nanai.
Indeed, which is very pleasing as he has been a bit quiet this season after an awesome finish to last season. I rate him quite highly, he has a great skill-set as well as x-factor. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Latest posts