• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Round 18

Soo glad Sarries have gone full strength.

Also yeah Hutchinson at 10 is an odd one. But they just want to rest Mitchell, FSmith Furbank ect. Still not a weak team.

Thank you.
Dare I suggest that both teams are most interested in a bonus point, and whilst the win would be nice, it's the BP that's important.
A nice open game in the sun, both to score 4 tries, and secure what they need.
ETA: Nope, sorry, Saints would need TBP AND LBP to guarantee top spot.

Otherwise, of course, we'll both be cheering on Sale (TBH, I suspect the fans of 9 teams will be cheering on Sale)

Some Glaws fans seem to want him gone if they lose the cup game. The spanking by Saints didn't go down well.
Some Glaws fans wanted him gone before the first match of the season.

ETA: I wonder if there's a thought in Northampton that... better the Bath you know, than the Exeter / Quins / Sale you don't.
Let Bath 1stXV beat your 2nd XV; as good as guaranteeing that the 2 teams meet again in the SF; with 2 weeks to tinker what you've already spent a week or three preparing for; and no psychological hang-over from the loss (as it's the 2nd XV) but still might be enough to instil a "revenge" reaction at home?

A bit Machiavellian, but if the opportunity presents itself...

Last edited:
Hutchinson has been our emergency 10 cover at stages but I can't actually remember him starting a proper game there. One thing I expect though, is a running game as Hutch is very good ball in hand.

View attachment 19855

Quite a few players rested. Will be interesting to see how they match up but can't see us getting 5 points out of this now.
I'd still prefer to top the league than win the trophy.
We need two points from this game to do that, according to my Waitrose delivery boy 😂. I'm not even going to try to work out this mathematical nightmare !

Some Glaws fans seem to want him gone if they lose the cup game. The spanking by Saints didn't go down well.
Yeah, they've gone backwards in the past 2 seasons. When he first joined they looked like they were on to something in building an ugly but effective gameplan around a very good maul. Now … they're just not really good at anything.

Yeah, they've gone backwards in the past 2 seasons. When he first joined they looked like they were on to something in building an ugly but effective gameplan around a very good maul. Now … they're just not really good at anything.
Yeah they had a good forward pack which they based their game around and some tasty backs but after watching them a few times these last two years they just don't seem to offer a threat anywhere on the park.

Gloucester don't seem to have many leavers and signings either so not sure next season will be much better. I had high hopes for Skirvington as well.

Weirdly, most of that pack hasn't really changed and the additions they've made in Mercer, McGuigan and Tuisue should have made it better.

Curry getting away with one there, clearly trying to pin in the 9, can't see how Sarries 9 could intentionally be tippping him more just trying to get off to the breakdown.

Always a risk playing Manu on plastic pitches and he's off injured after 17m,
Ford looks like he's been in a motorbike crash, so much skin scraped off his arm
Sarries 9 could intentionally be tippping him more just trying to get off to the breakdown.
Agree he held him down and was probably a penalty but he literally grabbed his leg and lifted it, they were both already up when he did itb

Always a risk playing Manu on plastic pitches and he's off injured after 17m,
Ford looks like he's been in a motorbike crash, so much skin scraped off his arm

Agree he held him down and was probably a penalty but he literally grabbed his leg and lifted it, they were both already up when he did itb
If it was intentionally it was pretty silly, kind of looked to me more like he was just trying to get rid of him to move onto the ruck which is clearly the 9s primary function, pen either way is fine, glad no soft cards were awarded.

Oh the irony of Manu getting injured in possibly his last game playing in England.

Yeah his head ricocheting onto the ground was bad to look at but no more than a penalty
Oh I didn't see that only the initial and then heard brief waffle my four year old has chicken pox so it's all abit mad here.

Latest posts