• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Rugby Championship] Round 5: Argentina v New Zealand (01/10/2017)

I don't think so. If there is one thing that characterizes the ABs is that they are merciless. When they see blood they go for the jugular, the game against RSA comes to mind.
I sincerely think they had a very bad day at buenos aires and we had a decent second half.

@The Alpha Bro give your post, a quick question: ABs aside, how would you rate Ireland vs say, the springboks?
I think Ireland are better, I don't see them winning in Dublin while I could see us beating them as underdogs in South Africa. I'd say something similar for any team as far down the rankings as Argentina. This Autumn will hopefully prove me half right.

Ireland are very much a side who rely on home advantage right now though due to their difficulty scoring tries. Under Joe Schmidt Ireland are 15-1-3 in Dublin and 14-1-1 if you excluded his first series as Ireland coach where there were his usual teething problems, I think it's probably the hardest place to play in rugby outside of NZ. Falling to a very average team outside of Dublin has them closer to fourth than second in the world right now though.

Edit: Branding the three "elite" sides was more of an academic exercise, I think everyone in the 1-3 bracket can beat each other but I'd say the same about the 2-5 bracket and the 3-9/10 bracket as well but the further you fall the more likely a home loss is which I see as a tragedy in modern international rugby.

Latest posts